jmc_va

Tidewater 2007

Heyyyyy guys,

UVA Invitational is definitely happening this year. I strongly encourage you to come to UVA November 22nd.

Here are a few reasons:

--it's pretty cheap to send a lot of teams

--UVA is an amazing location. We're basically two hours from everyone in VA. You can go home that night!

--We will give out amazing medals.

--Everyone at UVA is amazingly cool.

--We will have amazing food. Plus, you're walking distance from at least a dozen delicious restaurants.

--A lot of debaters go to UVA. It's the perfect opportunity to visit. I will give you a tour.

i felt awkward today when someone in my communications class saw the WAKE DEBATE sticker on my notebook and said, "I didn't know debate had gone to sleep..."

civilians are weird.

:S:

ps cowan, do you know anything about cranston's and pogge's rights criteria? if so, want to write a paper comparing, contrasting, and endorsing one set? like, by 9:30 tomorrow morning? that'd be super :)

:S:

ps cowan, do you know anything about cranston's and pogge's rights criteria? if so, want to write a paper comparing, contrasting, and endorsing one set? like, by 9:30 tomorrow morning? that'd be super :)

a little.

not really.

it's already 7:30!

worth a shot. i basically wrote 5 1/2 pages saying "pogge is an asshat" about 37 different ways.

saying the same thing 37 different ways... you must have rocked at theory debates.

maybe if i'd been given the opportunity... back in my day we didn't do a lot of kritiks or theory, it was mostly impact debates off of DAs. i'm pretty sure the only major theory debate that's still salient in my mind is when we kicked the crap out of corey and mycal on PICs bad my senior year. but majoring in philosophy does help in finding more eloquent and draw out ways to call someone an asshat.

my ancient philosophy professor is giving a long drawn out history lesson on aristotle.

for the love of god, someone entertain me before i implode.

I want to thank tidewater for supporting me in the polls I will now get to work fullfilling all those campaign promises like a Naked TDL and Real gold trophies for policy debate.

um mid atlantic moderator, 3rd term, be jealous.

i didn't vote for you, but I'll go back in time 3 weeks and cast my extraspecial vote for you if you pay me $25 (now, not in the past)

p.s.

Are you trying to get a laptop bag included with that supercool deal i told you about?

i didn't vote for you, but I'll go back in time 3 weeks and cast my extraspecial vote for you if you pay me $25 (now, not in the past)

p.s.

Are you trying to get a laptop bag included with that supercool deal i told you about?

yup yup.

anyone else think that next year's topics coincidentally lend themselves a little too positively to an obama administration?

on that note, what is this year's topic?

is oliver the only one still debating?

Cox has 2 other teams and kempsville has 3-4 teams depending. this years topic is Alt. Energy:)

100 pages! woot!

the start of the year has been pretty labor-intensive for us, lizzie... wake, yale, u penn, bronx, and u florida... so we've been otherwise engaged. the next couple of months are a little less jam-packed with excitement, so posts from khs people are more likely.

that being said, if any non-khs, non-cox, non-college types still read this thread, see you at hickory this weekend!

Edited by jmc_va
wooting

I miss this a lot. You all are in the TDL right now and I'm getting phone calls and I can't wait for JMU!! College is fun and all but I really, truly miss debate. If there were enough people even remotely interested here at UVA, I woul try and start a team, even though we wouldn't quite be able to compete at a national level. at all. What else is going on though? How are all the people who graduated last year doing?I can't wait to come back and udge. I miss Topicality. Effects Topicality :-P.