jmc_va

Tidewater 2007

After listening to "70's Hits" for the last three days at work for upwards of 8 hours a day I have concluded all of the "hits" are about sex. Just an observation... but srsly you people need to take a break.

After posting in the Pacific forum I realize they are no where near as fun as us. Thank you tidewater.

you're very welcome, ollie, but you should have known better... it's an accepted fact that no one on the west coast has a sense of humor*.

*10 to 1 someone from that neck of the woods will neg rep me or post a rebuttal, thereby proving my point.... it's a joke, west coasters.

• Upvote 1

i miss you guys. i miss debating. :(

Oh complain about your life, I've been without it for three years. At least your college has a debate team. We just have engineers.

You know what's funny though- engineers in Philosophy of Science classes. Their heads explode, it's cute.

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL

everyone should read my blog because it makes me feel like i'm somehow vaguely a better person when i have views on it...also, it's really postmodern and intellectual and all that good stuff so you can sip on lattes with your really cool indie friends and feel dignified and somehow better than everyone else because you get it, you know? you're better but you don't talk about it because you're above all that ego-stroking jazz, you're more evolved than everyone else, you're the new cool, you're beyond-cool, you're actually different, not just someone who doesn't conform for the sake of a trend, you're not a sheep.

all of the italicized words are untrue. oh and here's the link: http://uncapitalizedravings.wordpress.com/

edit: post guide - 'k' is boring and about math, 'thinking of skyscrapers' is boring (and has a really long near-paragraph with no spaces so you have to scroll to the side to read it in order to be obnoxious) and about art, '?' is boring and about nothing and it's all in strikeout to make it really annoying to read, 'pimp the system' the title was stolen from a dead prez song, the ending a quote stolen from some red book colin once showed me, and the middle all one stupid and drawn out metaphor, 'making paper planes' is about one of the most absurd things i have ever heard - that everyone is a little schizophrenic - and in the end i start typing backwards for absolutely no reason at all, and 'sempiternal' is about the word of the day and it's kinda depressing and probably wrong

Edited by Kinder

edit: post guide - 'k' is boring and about math, 'thinking of skyscrapers' is boring (and has a really long near-paragraph with no spaces so you have to scroll to the side to read it in order to be obnoxious) and about art, '?' is boring and about nothing and it's all in strikeout to make it really annoying to read, 'pimp the system' the title was stolen from a dead prez song, the ending a quote stolen from some red book colin once showed me, and the middle all one stupid and drawn out metaphor, 'making paper planes' is about one of the most absurd things i have ever heard - that everyone is a little schizophrenic - and in the end i start typing backwards for absolutely no reason at all, and 'sempiternal' is about the word of the day and it's kinda depressing and probably wrong

you know i'm going to read it, andy, but you really need to get better at the whole promotion thing. i think the above may qualify as the exact opposite of shameless self-promotion.

i meant... what was so strange about the video?

The weird box that gushed out slime and black pencils. And then the strange groups approaching it with weird puzzle pieces. I don't know what putting them into the triangle thing was supposed to do. And then they added normal looking people and all the girl did was offer him food. I like the song though.

The weird box that gushed out slime and black pencils. And then the strange groups approaching it with weird puzzle pieces. I don't know what putting them into the triangle thing was supposed to do. And then they added normal looking people and all the girl did was offer him food. I like the song though.

i think you and i have very different definitions of "strange".

does anyone around here want our old tub?

it seems a shame for 8 years of debate history to sit around in an empty room.

anyways, just let me know before thursday and i will deliver it

it's summer. everyone's out flying kites and riding bikes, silly.

seriously, i kind of know what's up with kempsville and cox, but everything else is a mystery to me. matt's gone silent since camp, so i have no princess anne news. i imagine he'll resurface once he's recovered. who knows what's up with tallwood, ocean lakes, kellam, etc?

oh, i do have a question for you, deeva. i know jackson isn't coaching this year, but is he going to be involved with the tdl? i have an intense fear that the tdl will wind up in the hands of a certain coach who i probably don't have to name and then its "bye-bye contemporary" and "even classical is too fast".

where did everyone go :(

well, i'm in class right now (rousseau's social contract = gripping material), and i think most of us are in college now (shout out to oliver!) so we're all in classes.

on the "weird youtube videos" topic, indian thriller!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0

we watched that in my world regions class last night- my parents' tuition dollars hard at work.

on another random note, the #1 reason not to major in philosophy-

"I have sovereign power over my cat. I can give it one command- 'do what you want!'- and it always obeys me."

-you actually laugh out loud when your professor says this in a senior level class.

oh, i do have a question for you, deeva. i know jackson isn't coaching this year, but is he going to be involved with the tdl? i have an intense fear that the tdl will wind up in the hands of a certain coach who i probably don't have to name and then its "bye-bye contemporary" and "even classical is too fast".

one could create a "tdl v2.0" and make it less anti-educational. also, isn't jackson handing it off to that one dude whom i believe he introduced at a few tdls? i may be misremembering, but i think that's the case.