jmc_va

Tidewater 2007

but they were each so wonderfully bad that you couldn't look away, right? that's my point. if properly deployed, i think someone could use these videos to take over the world.

Edited by jmc_va

this is why the indians are slowly taking over the world population- people are too afraid of our fantastic skills at pretending to be superman and dancing and singing while we do it!

this is why the indians are slowly taking over the world population-

-i thought it was computer service outsourcing?

either way, the first president of earth will be indian- not richard nixon, thank you futurama.

regarding the turkish abomination of star trek...

my first question: Is "Kurk's" summer yellow uniform standard starfleet issue or did he just wear it on those "extra-deep" space missions?

my second question: How did the turks get the same actress who played Shy on Dolemite to play Uhura?

My third question: Transporting and Cigarette Burns on Film...and intrinsic link?

regarding the turkish abomination of star trek...

my first question: Is "Kurk's" summer yellow uniform standard starfleet issue or did he just wear it on those "extra-deep" space missions?

my second question: How did the turks get the same actress who played Shy on Dolemite to play Uhura?

My third question: Transporting and Cigarette Burns on Film...and intrinsic link?

I was going to say that Uhura looked a lot like Adora, but you're right.

Speaking of Adora... she always claims her parents' inspiration for her name is a mystery, but, thanks to ToyFare Magazine reminding me of the somewhat regrettable existence of a little thing called "She-Ra: Princess of Power", it is a mystery no longer. What was She-Ra's non-Princess-of-Power identity? Adora! Methinks our Adora's parents watched quite a bit of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" and "She-Ra: Princess of Power" while in medical school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quzY7ONePM4

Speaking of Adora... she always claims her parents' inspiration for her name is a mystery, but, thanks to ToyFare Magazine reminding me of the somewhat regrettable existence of a little thing called "She-Ra: Princess of Power", it is a mystery no longer. What was She-Ra's non-Princess-of-Power identity? Adora! Methinks our Adora's parents watched quite a bit of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" and "She-Ra: Princess of Power" while in medical school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quzY7ONePM4

John,

Me thinks you know too many titles of superhero cartoons.

wait... wait... you're a star trek geek too, sebastian?

Yeah, I've been watching since I was like 5. Then I spent most of my first semester as a freshmen alternating between star trek and guitar hero instead of going to class, it payed dividends as it allowed me to watch all the episodes(aside from the animated series) I hadn't seen. I'll pose to you the same question I fought with my roommates over. When humans and (insert vulcans/klingons/betazoids/romulens.....) mate is it considered inter-racial, or inter-species?

Yeah, I've been watching since I was like 5. Then I spent most of my first semester as a freshmen alternating between star trek and guitar hero instead of going to class, it payed dividends as it allowed me to watch all the episodes(aside from the animated series) I hadn't seen. I'll pose to you the same question I fought with my roommates over. When humans and (insert vulcans/klingons/betazoids/romulens.....) mate is it considered inter-racial, or inter-species?

i would have to say inter-species. i mean, the 6th-season episode "the chase" tells us that all the various star trek peoples come from the same genetic stock (trying to explain why, save for bumpy foreheads, they all look alike), but, right here on earth, we share genetic stock with, um, everything, and no one would describe the unholy union of a man and an akidna as "inter-racial". the fortuitous string of chances that caused the same organic goo on different planets to evolve into such similar peoples doesn't alter the fact that they underwent completely distinct evolutionary paths. so spock is a mule, not a mulatto.

i would have to say inter-species. i mean, the 6th-season episode "the chase" tells us that all the various star trek peoples come from the same genetic stock (trying to explain why, save for bumpy foreheads, they all look alike), but, right here on earth, we share genetic stock with, um, everything, and no one would describe the unholy union of a man and an akidna as "inter-racial". the fortuitous string of chances that caused the same organic goo on different planets to evolve into such similar peoples doesn't alter the fact that they underwent completely distinct evolutionary paths. so spock is a mule, not a mulatto.

See, I have to disagree. The fact that all of these humanoids have the ability to produce both male and female viable offspring indicates that they are incredibly close genetically. Inter-species offspring either produce no viable offspring, or the male or the female is infertile, depending on which one is heterogametic. The episode "genesis" is the closest star trek comes to showing distinct evolutionary paths, but even this is somewhat flawed in that all the crew members devolve to different stages in the change, Riker becomes a caveman and Barclay a spider(didn't know they were in our evolutionary chain). While the fact that we all evolved on separate planets would seem to make distinct evolutionary paths a fact, "the chase" would seem to indicate that not only did this architect species plant parts of their DNA around the galaxy, but they designed it to specifically to evolve into a humanoid that somewhat resembled them.

See, I have to disagree. The fact that all of these humanoids have the ability to produce both male and female viable offspring indicates that they are incredibly close genetically. Inter-species offspring either produce no viable offspring, or the male or the female is infertile, depending on which one is heterogametic. The episode "genesis" is the closest star trek comes to showing distinct evolutionary paths, but even this is somewhat flawed in that all the crew members devolve to different stages in the change, Riker becomes a caveman and Barclay a spider(didn't know they were in our evolutionary chain). While the fact that we all evolved on separate planets would seem to make distinct evolutionary paths a fact, "the chase" would seem to indicate that not only did this architect species plant parts of their DNA around the galaxy, but they designed it to specifically to evolve into a humanoid that somewhat resembled them.

are we sure that the offspring these cominglings produce aren't sterile? i may just not be geeky enough to remember, but i don't recall mention of spock or b'elanna torres producing children. sure, there was k'ehleyr's kid with worf, but, considering what a horribly whiny little brat alexander was, i choose to believe his real parents (probably from that cruiser full of kirk-era thawed klingons she was on for a few months) pawned him off on k'ehleyr and she pawned him off on worf... knowing worf's klingon honor would keep him from running a paternity test. is any of that in a script? no. but there are things a man needs to believe to keep his sanity and alexander... awful, annoying, terrible alexander... did not spring from worf's loins.

are we sure that the offspring these cominglings produce aren't sterile? i may just not be geeky enough to remember, but i don't recall mention of spock or b'elanna torres producing children. sure, there was k'ehleyr's kid with worf, but, considering what a horribly whiny little brat alexander was, i choose to believe his real parents (probably from that cruiser full of kirk-era thawed klingons she was on for a few months) pawned him off on k'ehleyr and she pawned him off on worf... knowing worf's klingon honor would keep him from running a paternity test. is any of that in a script? no. but there are things a man needs to believe to keep his sanity and alexander... awful, annoying, terrible alexander... did not spring from worf's loins.

K'ehleyr should have Andrea Yates'd Alexander when she had the opportunity. B'elanna and Tom did have a child though, named Miral in the series finale Endgame.

Spock did indeed have a child stemming from the TOS episode All Our Yesterdays. This episode was continued in a star trek novel titled Yesterday's Son, where it's revealed that even 5000 years in the past with a genetically primitive humanoid, Spock wasn't shooting blanks. I'm unsure of any female hybrid vulcans. However, the Romulans did breed Tasha Yar and actually raised the female offspring Sela. Given that they are Romulans, it's unlikely that they'd raise something as disgusting as a half breed barren child. There was also Simon Tarses the quarter Romulan who lied on his starfleet app, but which of his parents was half and half is unclear.

K'ehleyr should have Andrea Yates'd Alexander when she had the opportunity. B'elanna and Tom did have a child though, named Miral in the series finale Endgame.

Spock did indeed have a child stemming from the TOS episode All Our Yesterdays. This episode was continued in a star trek novel titled Yesterday's Son, where it's revealed that even 5000 years in the past with a genetically primitive humanoid, Spock wasn't shooting blanks. I'm unsure of any female hybrid vulcans. However, the Romulans did breed Tasha Yar and actually raised the female offspring Sela. Given that they are Romulans, it's unlikely that they'd raise something as disgusting as a half breed barren child. There was also Simon Tarses the quarter Romulan who lied on his starfleet app, but which of his parents was half and half is unclear.

so, female human-klingon hybrids are fertile, but, as far as we know, the males aren't. female romulan-human and vulcan-human hybrids are fertile. it makes sense for this to track the same way since romulans and vulcans are the same species, tng boney foreheads aside.

the trek novels aren't canon, so we don't have to take spock's son seriously. he's never been mentioned in a movie or television episode and doesn't have an entry in the encyclopedia thing written by the franchise's production team... and they even mention stuff from the animated series.

i'm leaning way farther towards disappointed... not even 10 percent stoked. i mean, the original was utter crap... but fun, weird, dark, crap that was way too hysterically earnest in the (cue dramatic music and an echo effect on the next two words) "social commentary" department. i'm sure, in the hands of paul anderson, it will lose all the things that made it badly good (or goodly bad) and just wind up another stinking pile. what has that man done good lately?