jmc_va

Tidewater 2007

and please rip NoVA several new ones for me.

>>

I'll put this up to the grief and emotional trauma that you and the rest of your college community are experiencing right now. But, in all my years of coaching I've never seen such a negative comment directed at the coaches and students of a region's schools. I constantly counsel students not to post negative things about schools in this forum. I'm sad to see such posts. H.

i thoroughly apologize, i was simply playing on the sova-nova debate rivalry in virginia. i meant absolutely nothing by it. i respect all of you. i'm really sorry, i really didn't mean anything by it.

Lizzie,

I'm glad you and Dan Waller are OK. He told me to tell you hello. :-)

how do you know dan?! that kid can eat olive garden salad like no other.

how do you know dan?! that kid can eat olive garden salad like no other.

Dan Dan the Salad Man lives a block away from me and I've known him for years and am friends with his parents. He and my son are scouts together and he spoke at our troop meeting last night about the shootings (his dad is still the scoutmaster). Out of the blue I asked him if he knew a girl named Lizzie and that's how I got the connection between you two.

Get this....I never called his parents to see how he was doing because I forgot that he was at Tech...I thought he was at UVA!! I KNEW he was a student at Tech but for some reason during the shooting my mind told me he was a student at UVA. I tell ya, this getting old really effects one's mem....mem......damn....I forgot what the hell I was going to say. :-)

It's OK..Liz..really. If I had a dime for every rash thing I've ever posted in forum, Yorktown could afford to roll in an Hummer Limo and fly 1st class to every tourney!!:) It's just that comments like that end up getting printed in 72 pt font and passed out to schools - and bad blood is not what this community needs - especially right now.

I hope that you and your community heal from the horrible events of this week..know that y'all are in my prayers!!:)

P

Dan Dan the Salad Man lives a block away from me and I've known him for years and am friends with his parents. He and my son are scouts together and he spoke at our troop meeting last night about the shootings (his dad is still the scoutmaster). Out of the blue I asked him if he knew a girl named Lizzie and that's how I got the connection between you two.

Get this....I never called his parents to see how he was doing because I forgot that he was at Tech...I thought he was at UVA!! I KNEW he was a student at Tech but for some reason during the shooting my mind told me he was a student at UVA. I tell ya, this getting old really effects one's mem....mem......damn....I forgot what the hell I was going to say. :-)

so, so random! his roommates Jeff and Joe are on the sailing team with me and I party hang out at their apartment all the time. I went there when I came back to Blacksburg on Monday because I wasn't allowed on campus, and hung out with them until my boyfriend came and got me.

Oh and what story was on the cover of the beacon and save a copy for me!

i didn't have to pull any strings... i just told the reporter that beach debaters were working hard, doing good things, and deserved some attention. let's hope we all do well at states and they can do a follow-up story that's a little meatier.

lizzie, it's not much... just a 2-page blurb about how beach debate is waking up from a bit of a slumber and actually venturing out onto the national circuit again. there are pictures of some debaters from kempsville, cox, PA, and tallwood. it's a little blurry on the facts... i'm not sure the reporter really "got" debate (not that that's easy) and some things were lost in translation, but it's nice for the kids to get some attention. plus, it's good PR for the schools in general, and a program that generates positive attention can sometimes get more funding.

party in the tallwood room tonight. we've got cupcakes and they're banging!

we'll tell you what room when we see you.

this is liz by the way

Because of the number of entries, AAA Contemporary is a round robin. Round 7 just started. My guesstimate of records at this point is KHS 6-0, Cox 4-2, and PA 4-2. But disclosure wasn't allowed and some of the judges gave very little feedback, so this is definitely only a guess.

In AAA Classical, the only Beach team to clear was Tallwood (congratulations, Liz and Caitlin!). They're hitting Chantilly FH in Semis.

Final Results:

Contemp:

1. Yorktown SS

2. Kempsville CW

3. Stonebridge FM

4. Chantilly GK

Classic:

1. Yorktown S?

2. Tallwood CG

-Semi: Chantilly FH

-Semi: Maggie Walker?

Great turnout all! Had a great time

As did Daniel and Andrew. CONGRATULATIONS to all who qualified for states, and FEAR THE BEACH!!!!!:) (I know I will - y'all are coming back hard!!:)

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Everyone did a great job! Those were very impressive rounds of debate! Looking forward to next year.... :-)

Collin,

Two important questions for you...if you answer them correctly, YOU can pick the shade of lipstick that you'll use when you mark my Shades of Gary Busey CD....1) Are you a big Bronco's fan and 2) did you go to ODC??

Answer ASAP...inquiring minds want to know.....

(to you other KHS kids....in case Collin doesn't see this...tell him to get on-line and answer these queries)