Sign in to follow this  
jimpeterson

Psychoanalysis Stuff

I've cut two psychoanalysis-related kritiks mainly written by Zizek that apply to national service. Although the year is over, they will be useful for Peace Corps affs next year. Heres a summary of the Ks:

Psychopolitics - Claims that national service projects the state as the superego ad can use moral obligations to serve the nation to subordinate the psyche's of the population, justifying masive extermination. Includes overview, perm answers, and some add-on impacts of dehum and biopower.

Libidinal Service - Claims that national service is a sadomasochistic fantasy that projects the state as our master and us as our slave. This fantasy sparks libidinal attachment, and ultimately turns us into permissive bitches to the state, justifying nuclear war. It also transforms the law into a superego-like source of libidinal satisfaction and strict servitude becomes transgression. Alt is to shatter fantasy by recognizing it as the norm, not a transgression. Rather long, the shell is 6 pages.

Note that these are for the most part just shells with some perm answers and overviews, but its all home cut.

I'll trade for almost anyting I don't have, not too picky.

Thanks in advance.

Are your cards for the shells in word format? If they are I would like to have them, I dont need them underlined or overviews or anything. I can send you some files if you want. If they are in image format in a word file I am not interested. Basically I am interested in any book cards that you have converted to text format to be able to underline and such via OCR. Hopefully that was comprehensible?

Jamie

Pawlikowski@missouristate.edu

I have them both in pure word files. However, I cut the majority of cards from an online article by Zizek, which can be found at the following link:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v21/n06/zize01_.html

I also used a variety of other online sources, as well as a couple cards from Zizek's Welcome to the Desert of the Real and The Paralax View. However, the substance of the kritiks can be cut from the above link if your feeling ambitious.

If you're still interested trading, email me.

Thanks.