Sign in to follow this  
Creighton_Coleman

Sunflower IE's April 20-21

I have not decided whether or not I will go yet. I do not think there is much point because I have not been to a tourney all year long. But from what I have heard there is really no event that is locked in. The sunflower district is really pretty weak this year.

I have not decided whether or not I will go yet. I do not think there is much point because I have not been to a tourney all year long. But from what I have heard there is really no event that is locked in. The sunflower district is really pretty weak this year.

we don't have a 5th place policy team again, but we are not a weak district by any streatch. Weast broke at Maine East, we have two TOC qualifiers in Congress, so i would say that we have done ok.

Um, nothing is ever locked in but there are certainly front runners for everything. Yes the district is weaker than other years this year, that seems to be the case almost state wide. However, that doesnt mean that people that dont show up to tournaments should sit around and talk about how shitty everyone else is.

Oh, and im going in FX.

And, you should go in DX since we are like 2 short of sending 3 people in that.

• Downvote 1

First of all I am not naming anyone as being shitty. Second of all I am not just sitting around. Unlike those who have the privelege of their parents paying for their future education I have to work 40 hours a week to save money for next year. I would love to be able to attend, I think many people in this district could attest to the fact that I love to compete. I want to compete in extemp but I think I would go in congress even if I did qualify in extemp. So it is not worth the 100 or so dollars I would be giving up by not working if I attended the tournament. So unless you want to start pointing fingers at people I would suggest you be a little more courteous in your posts.

First of all I am not naming anyone as being shitty. Second of all I am not just sitting around. Unlike those who have the privelege of their parents paying for their future education I have to work 40 hours a week to save money for next year. I would love to be able to attend, I think many people in this district could attest to the fact that I love to compete. I want to compete in extemp but I think I would go in congress even if I did qualify in extemp. So it is not worth the 100 or so dollars I would be giving up by not working if I attended the tournament. So unless you want to start pointing fingers at people I would suggest you be a little more courteous in your posts.

Saying the districts is weak sounds like your telling people they suck to me. And I never said you just sit around all day. My claim was, just like you told us, that you dont go to tournaments. There is a pretty big difference so you might want to think about what your freaking out about before you freak out. I never said you dont like to go to tournaments and I realize some people cant get out as often as they would like, but I am saying that you shouldn't tell us all how bad we are before you have even gone out this year. And if you are suggesting that my parents are going to buy everything for me your dead wrong. If you haven't noticed I live in Haysville, people in say, Andover, tend to have a little more money than we do.

DX

Coleman WNW*

Brazill WNW*

Munday Goddard*

Behrman WEast

Joe Maize

Bohanon WEast

IX

Wang WEast*

Box Campus(policy)

Ojile Kapaun*

Farris Campus

Cheraughi WEast

Dyuen Hgyuen WEast

DUO

Ferenc/????? Andover*

Rogers/Speer Campus*

?????/????? WEast*

?????/????? Valley Center

Strait/Strait Campus

?????/????? Goddard

OO

Sarwar WEast*

Huxman Maize*

Duong WEast

Perry WEast

Lickteig WEast

Zinabu Maize

HI

January WSE*

Snider Kapaun*

????????

????????

????????

????????

DI

??? WSE*

??? WSE*

????????*

????????

????????

????????

Sweeps

WEast

Goddard

Remington

Top 15

Weast

Traveling Trophy

Goddard

Also, Coleman takes DX and Carlson form Kapaun is going in the senate now.

IX

Wang WEast*

Box Campus(policy)

Ojile Kapaun*

Farris Campus

Cheraughi WEast

????? WEast

OO

???? WEast*

???? Maize*

Duong WEast

???? WEast

Lickteig WEast

??????????

HI

????? WSE*

?????????*

????????

????????

????????

????????

Also, Coleman takes DX and Carlson form Kapaun is going in the senate now.

To fill in some holes:

OO

Rumin Sarwar WEast*

Julia Huxman Maize*

HI

Jacob January WSE*

Carl Snider Kapaun*

IX

Duyen Nguyen WEast

You have to at least consider that Mrs. Pierson has been doing a lot to help out with nationals. Im sure it has certainly made her sacrifice some of the time she spends working with her kids. I wouldnt say they arent good, VC had the 4th place duo, and duo had some TOUGH competition this year.

Thanks, Brian, I guess that makes sense. Also, we apparently had a pair of sophomores in duo sems. They accidentally hit a trash can during their performance.