JPDebater

[AFF] Pull out of Africa

pull out the peace corps, because they spread aids

that's pretty FX

i know --- all cases on the topic are FX will be your answer. There's a simple briteline: does the passage of the aff's plan provide public health assistance? cases like sending vacines etc. meet this interpretation, any pull-out cases do not.

see the above post.

my interp isn't effects, but it defines assistance not just as providing aid, but taking certain policy actions that would help ssa's ph.... pull-out (if I win my arg) is an on face assistance to them. i'm positive that those pc=imperialist cards probably say somewhere that the true way to assist africa is to pull out.

I think your interp will win if you beat contextuality. There's also the issue that defending bidirectionalism is hard when you claim to defense on standards like predictability - in theory, defending the topic as bidirectional doubles the possible ground affirmatives can have, and negatives can say you take away their "Pull out of Africa CP" ground and disads to increased aid to Africa.

And I will disagree with your last statement. There really isn't any lit that says "The best way to assist SSA is to pull out entirely." Rather, most of the [intelligent] authors on the topic see foreign aid as inevitable in an increasingly globalized world, and just want to see improvements made (i.e. stop teaching english, stop hosting sex shops, etc.) Nobody is saying "Peace Corps bad" insofar as they're really saying "The things the peace corps is doing now is bad."

that's pretty FX

i know --- all cases on the topic are FX will be your answer. There's a simple briteline: does the passage of the aff's plan provide public health assistance? cases like sending vacines etc. meet this interpretation, any pull-out cases do not.

The key problem with your assertion here is by saying "does plan provide public health assistance" - the rez doesn't say "provide" - it says "increase" - that means we're no longer absolutely certain that PHA is an object to be sent - maybe it's just a status of the people. At which point, PHA could be the overall health of a country, and not just the type of aid you're giving them.