Tomak

[AFF] Vaccines

would it be good strat to name a pharmaceutical company that would provide the vaccines to try to link out of a generic pharmaceutical d.a.

on solvency if u run NGO's as the distributor and administrator of the vaccines in africa how would you answer a USFG T.

• Downvote 1

naming a specific pharma company only means that you kill a specific pharma company. but its not just that - if you kill one, the others fear the same action and the effect of killing one spreads to others.

• Downvote 1

naming a specific pharma company only means that you kill a specific pharma company. but its not just that - if you kill one, the others fear the same action and the effect of killing one spreads to others.

i dont understand how you see that by specing the pharma comp. you are killing another pharma comp. could you please elborate

P.S. for all future neg reppers i just dont understand the answer im not criticizing it

if the government suspends the right of intellectual property against one company's product, then there is no such thing as intellectual property. other pharmaceutical companies will see no reason to develop life saving medicines in the fear that the government will suspend their right to intellectual property with the decision that those medicines are critical for global healthcare. first your vaccine, then what? aids drugs? then malaria, then typhoid and cholera. after that comes anti-cancer drugs, cholesterol lowering drugs. where does it end?

intellectual property is an all or nothing game - if you suspend it, you create the appearance of a lack thereof even if you guarantee that its a one time affair.

if you suspend merck's right to capitalize on its HPV vaccine (prevents cervical cancer) i guarantee you that other pharma will shut its doors on vaccine research.

well, thats tough because reality is on the side of the disad.

the best option is not to suspend intellectual property... just have the government buy the drugs at the specified fair-profit price and have the government give the drugs. this obviously becomes a costly proposition but you avoid a disad which is largely true.

aight so were running this and our real problem is the fact that were using NGO's to distribute the vaccines and we cant use the USFG because were not in all of SSA what should we do?

so the government buys the vaccines and gives them to ngos. not so difficult

How would you block out cp's on a vaccines aff. find a card saying US is key to vaccines? and if so does anyone have a card saying this i cant find one.

How would you block out cp's on a vaccines aff. find a card saying US is key to vaccines? and if so does anyone have a card saying this i cant find one.

no real reason...lol

soft power? eh. if thats all u can do... but then u might as well run medflags.

why woulc any country be key to vaccines? vaccines are made by private companies so any government can purchase and distribute vaccines. what you might be able to find is a generic card saying the US should take the lead in healthcare in SSA. thats a possibility and a probable link to hegemony.