Sign in to follow this  
Guest silvermdc1

Strategy against DADT

Guest silvermdc1

I would appreciate ir if people would list strategies against DADT. Just the name of arguments. No conversing between each other about why somebody said this or that. Or refuting why some strategy is not good. Thank You

• Upvote 1

No online arguing thats just crazy, how can you call ur self a member of crossx Just Joking

Edit: You can also run subs. means w/o mat. quals(they target gays), or the queer K,

Inherency(even though its not really true u have to debate it well)

T-ESTABISH

T-FX

OR

T-INCREASE

Heg. bad

Case turns (if u have any)

CMR DA

The Gift K (definitely)

The "Don't Harass" PIC is pretty tight for plan texts that repeal the entirety of DADT.

Foucault, CP: Don't increase end strength, net benefits: spending, heg bad, etc. (possibly Foucault).

Foucault can be a net benefit to the counterplan if you are reading links based on increasing the number of persons serving in the armed forces.

However, I believe Foucault independently rips this case up. First, it proves the plan isn't a shift away from heteronormativity, but a shift to allow all sexual categories to be used by the sovereign, this means they don't solve heterosexism. Secondly, the K turns case, by giving the sovereign more means to its ends encourages the sovereign to go to war. Finally, the alt solves case. The queer identity is constructed by what is normal and abnormal. This fosters normalization. The alternative erases these lines.

Just curious, how exactly would Foucault be a net benefit to the CP? All of the stuff you read on the link story doesn't seem to jive with the counterplan.

Just curious, how exactly would Foucault be a net benefit to the CP? All of the stuff you read on the link story doesn't seem to jive with the counterplan.

that's why he said "if you are reading links based on increasing the number of persons serving in the armed forces." then it could function as a net benefit but

then goes on to say foucault rips the case apart so it may not be a great idea. read the post.

that's why he said "if you are reading links based on increasing the number of persons serving in the armed forces." then it could function as a net benefit but

then goes on to say foucault rips the case apart so it may not be a great idea. read the post.

I did read the post, I still don't see how them reading different link evidence changes the fact that the counterplan still links to the net benefits...

ENDA CP

agent CPs

Consult NATO are some basic CP's

Foucault, Queer Theory/Butler are good K choices.

My favorite strat against DADT tho is just politics and lots of case offense, if u want me to name specific case args i will

if you dont mind a few specific case arguments would be cool

Aff should crush on case each time. Just run offsets, spending, and hege turns.

Aff should crush on case each time. Just run offsets, spending, and hege turns.

thats an unwarranted statement, as ive never hit a dadt aff team that can defend against case offense adequately, most just spin their wheels about how homophobia is bad (seems like a trend in modern policy debate)

For homophobia turns specifically:

Violence Turn

Movements Tradeoff

Backlash Turn

Transition Turn

Militarism Turn

Essentialism Turn

Thats just some of the better offense imo, along w/ some strategic defense. Email me if you want the cites dynamic.duo45@gmail.com

thats an unwarranted statement, as ive never hit a dadt aff team that can defend against case offense adequately, most just spin their wheels about how homophobia is bad (seems like a trend in modern policy debate)

For homophobia turns specifically:

Violence Turn

Movements Tradeoff

Backlash Turn

Transition Turn

Militarism Turn

Essentialism Turn

Thats just some of the better offense imo, along w/ some strategic defense. Email me if you want the cites dynamic.duo45@gmail.com

Or some teams run DADT the right way with a hegemony advantage.

For the record, I've never lost on the case debate when running DADT.

my mistake, i thought you were referring to the homophobia strategy

i agree with you that it is much harder to win the hegemony debate, but i was under the impression he wanted a strategy against homophobia affs

Well, homophobia advantages are captured much better by Offsets and you avoid case altogether. You just have to win whatever hegemony turns and disad you run.

neither here nor there, i have more fun just running a lot of case offense, and he asked me for it.

thats your prefered strat, i have mine that im happy and successful w/

Yeah, a couple cases do this year.

I don't really see it for the Africa topic though.

Yeah, a couple cases do this year.

I don't really see it for the Africa topic though.

Nietzsche links hardcore to most of the cases on the Africa topic. Nietzsche's pretty generic and can link to everything that tries to make the world better or securitizes something or uses morality. Many different versions of the K. It links to all AIDS affs, links to medicine affs, genocide affs, affs claiming NW advantages, I think it will get a good run on the Africa topic. Conor's run it since his sophomore year in college against every aff, until this year and last when he started to mix it up a little bit.

Sign in to follow this