Sign in to follow this  
scottj

Spring Elections

Who is running? Also, Baldwin, please do not attempt to be re-elected. Please.

According to Kerpen's list, only two people are actually signed up to run.

i told kerpen i would run. so here's my deal. i want(ed) alex stamm to be the moderator. since he's (apparently) not running and only two people are (making "election" moot), i will run. further motivation for my running involved not wanting alex baldwin to be re-elected. you all know me pretty well, so i don't think it's necessary to talk about what i believe in or what my cross-x habits are. i'm not particularly interested in running a "campaign" since i don't see this as a competition. i have nothing against zach's or john's positions, i think carly is very capable if she's actually running (something she shouldn't do. you're busy enough. :P ). my running is really only a "i like democracy, and not baldwin" statement. if there's anyone who feels like they don't know me or my cross-x tendencies, or if you have concerns about what i may or may not do as a moderator, i'll respond to those. as it is, i'm not going to try to predict them and lay out some kind of platform.

I would still encourage everyone to vote for me. I'm still all about doing everything I posted previously, and it looks like I'm the only one so far who would actually do all of that.

Also, am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Baldwin is running again?

think carly is very capable if she's actually running (something she shouldn't do. you're busy enough. :P

Just because I'm failing math, working 25 hours a week, volunteering, and just recently totaled a $12,000 car doesn't mean I'm busy. I am indeed running just for the sake of moderater not being a default position.

:flower:

I am indeed running just for the sake of moderater not being a default position.

great minds think alike.

further motivation for my running involved not wanting alex baldwin to be re-elected.

Thank you.

EDIT: I don't know who to vote for... you're all really cool.... *sigh

i promise to incite communist revolution. :P

i promise to incite communist revolution. :P

Also, his reason for running is the most noble and honest.

If I get elected, no one in this forum will ever have to pay Tanner for a happy ending again. I am serious about running. My platform is honesty and no bullshit. Plus all the other stuff I posted above.

Carly, you must spread reputation around before giving it to me again.

Really, it's nothing personal. I just would like to see the Sutton/Stamm ticket.

Curtis you're the worst flip-flopper of all the damn LIEberals I know!

If I get elected, no one in this forum will ever have to pay Tanner for a happy ending again. I am serious about running. My platform is honesty and no bullshit. Plus all the other stuff I posted above.

Carly, you must spread reputation around before giving it to me again.

oh no you di'int.

You should vote for me here.

I'd really like the opportunity to do everything I've promised if elected, am I'm quite certain I'm the only candidate who's promised these things will get done. So you should vote for me. Here's the stuff again in case people forgot:

1. Judging paradigms.

2. An introduction thread for everyone in GP to introduce themselves to everyone else.

3. A contact list, which would give people the ability to contact other debaters/coaches with questions or anything else.

4. A schedule of upcoming tournaments/events for each (active) state in the GP.

5. The results of tournaments in the GP region.

Note: I would probably do numbers 4 and 5 in the sub-forum available, making it working and active for the first time.

6. Non-debate related events occurring in the GP area, including, but not limited to, activist rallies/events, speakers, movies, etc.

7. (If agreed upon/thought highly about) The evidence trading that goes on in Nebraska, as well as other states. This would include links to the different groups of camp evidence that I (or anyone else) would upload to a permanent file sharing website. This would give easy and quick access to anyone needing the evidence in pressing times, or in at any time, for that matter.

Also, I would dedicate a stickied thread strictly for suggestions and comments for the GP's forum. That way, everyone would have a say in what's going on with it.