DB8T

Worst Mountain Region Rounds of the Past 10 Years

OK, we don't want to single out the worst teams -- let's talk about the nastiest rounds you've ever been in/seen. Might be because of the judge or maybe the participants. I'm looking for the dirt. When did you walk out of a round, either as a judge or debater, & just feel dirty? Let's dish about the worst of the worst.

Please be sure to protect the identities of the innocents (or judges/teams you don't want to antagonize).

alex eppler claiming(not without warrant) he stole stuff to prove that we were sincere when we ran the cap bad versus rapp freshmen year. that shit was gross lol.

Finals Golden Mullen 2003/4 Season, Oceans Topic Canon SM vs Mullen DJ:

The panel was john poor, justin eckstein, and someone i can't name both because i can't remember and because i have little nice to say. Honestly though my memory of this round is hazy and it may have very well been that traumatic.

We had next to nothing on that seismic air-guns aff (which was why we cut it for nat quals :)) and ended up running some t argument and a bunch of crap. I honestly can't remember much of the round except that 1. I generally choked, which I haven't done too much. 2. We went for t. 3. That last judge suuure didn't like us. I'm pretty sure i got around 20 speaker points (out of the CHASSA 35, mind you) and the ballot suggested that i needed a major attitude adjustment.

Well, live and learn...

also i'm nominating buntin for making that girl cry at columbine. that story never gets old. But that round was really only bad for her.

God rest Winston's soul...

Greeley tourn. 2006 Ian Ingram/Andrew ?, Ian was singing in the round and then another round that I was actually debating in he starting screaming and yelling saying that Bush sucked amazing they got voted for on singing, but then on the other round got docked because they didn't have any logical args. as I recall.

• Upvote 1

Yeah he is crazy. I'm suprised he got I think 2nd in Greeley only being defeated by Me and my Partner.

From what I've heard, he was last seen babbling about "orientalism," or something like that, saying he was going to "cut the file to end all files."

That was six weeks ago. No one's seen him since.

Or so I've heard.

Yeah Ruwan only you would know and was it first in Varsity or Novice. I was in Novice. And by the way Ruwan you are part of the KKK, don't act like you don't know anything. Ian by the way is stupid in all subjects not only debate I had to go to school with him in 7th and 8th grade and that is one reason I am glad I moved.

Me against Lakewood SJ my sophomore year at Overland. My first break round ever, packed with people coming to see the hip-hop case, and I just remember completely sucking in my 2NC, and fairing worse in the 2NR.

me an will jensen debated these really skilled girls from south dakota one year at rawlins. must've been 2001 or so. anyway they ran a prison rape aff (privacy topic) and I was just at a loss. I don't rightly remember the terrible things I said, but the way the female judge kept looking at me made me feel like I killed jesus and voted for nixon. not to mention really stupid.

Any round I was in at the winter RR of 2003.

Most any round I was in at the Regis RR spring 2004.

quite an interesting and descriptive read.

the first time I had to witness a really good team debate a novice team becasue there is not novice division year round. the good team even took it "easy" on them ... but i have no clue how it was educational for either team.

/bd

The Ted Turner "go round" at NFL a few years ago that had me, rief, and the east assitant coach as judges. all the policy kids were pissed when they heard about that panel.

/bd

When Sarah Whitney and Henry Tappen said 1-off "Fuko" and we said...fold. After beating Robby Mills and Alex Dunn too. Yeah, I still don't know how to answer the K

When Sarah Whitney and Henry Tappen said 1-off "Fuko" and we said...fold. After beating Robby Mills and Alex Dunn too. Yeah, I still don't know how to answer the K

Foucault on the oceans topic? Wow.