Sign in to follow this  
Ankur

College Programs

This is a thread for colleges to post information regarding their programs and allow students to ask questions which they feel may benefit the masses.

Ankur

Lafayette College has rich history in academics and the New York Times has recently dubbed one of the new second-tier Ivy League schools. Lafayette is a short drive from both New York City and Philadelphia and our beautiful campus is nestled along the Delaware River in the Lehigh Valley.

15% of our incoming freshman class receives a SUBSTANTIAL academic scholarship called the Marquis and Trustee scholarship. Lafayette boasts one of the highest endowment to student ratio's in the nation, providing with all the resources needed to help fund scholarships, grants and our academic programs. Unfortunately, we do not have debate-specific scholarships, but Lafayette gives money away like it's candy if you have a strong academic profile.

Lafayette is also growing a strong debate tradition. This year Lafayette started competing in CEDA debate on the East Coast, and continues to compete in NFA-LD. NFA-LD is a one-on-one format of college policy debate centered around a year-long policy resolution. If you are interested in debating in college, I hope you will consider Lafayette as you make your college decisions.

John Boyer

Director of Debate

Lafayette College

email: lafayettedebate at gmail dot com

Columbia University has a policy program-- if you have any question about the program at Columbia, PM me.

Shree

Edited by aimgod14916

Binghamton University has a college program, I will try to post more information regarding it in a bit, but if you are interested or coming to Binghamton anyway, please PM me or email me at TheScu[at]gmail[dot]com

The New School University has a policy debate program. We are located in the West Village of NYC, are known for very progressive politics and teaching styles, and have huge backing by our administration. We are a pretty new program but have already done very well.

If interested, please email me.