krupit

[AFF] Animals - does the aff have to help humans?

Could "public health assistance" apply to endnagered or sick Animals in sub-saharran Africa?

Also, if you prove that there are alien planets with places that could be called Africa, could the USFG help Aliens?

I think there will be of Squirrely ground on this resolution, seeing as the vagueness of who is being assisted and what "Sub-saharran africa" really is.

public traditionally means pertaining to the people.

yes but we are debaters and there is a defination out there for everything

• Downvote 1

I figure SOMEONE will write a Zoo case Plan: give public health assistance to animals in african zoos

I'm sure you could easily claim an eco-diversity advantage linking human health to animal health. Help animal(s) X, this leads to greater human health.

effects t....?

I don't see any strategic advantage to this...

...unless you want to go straight up anthro through the whole thing.

• Downvote 1

K the idea that 'public' only refers to humans - in reality, all living things populate the same space on the planet and use the same resources to live - to not consider animals part of the 'public' is really the reason you see animal abuses.

• Downvote 1

It is most predictable that cases involving the phrase "public health assistance" will pertain to humans.

QFT.

The other definition is too unlimiting; it could be applied to animals, plants, insects, microorganisms, etc.

It is most predictable that cases involving the phrase "public health assistance" will pertain to humans.

Predictability is a bad standard anyways. I think that a cases predictability relies on how many times you hit that team.

Predictability is a shitty standard anyways. I think that a cases predictability relies on how many times you hit that team.

Or how much in advance they disclose. Like if I want to run "The USFG should increase the minimum wage to $7.50 per hour" it is completly predictable if I post about it on cross-x, edebate and email all the teams that I could possibly hit at the tournaments I want to run it at...but that doesn't really make it predictable. Predictability is an okay standard but like all standards it doesn't nessessarily make sense by itself.

Or how much in advance they disclose. Like if I want to run "The USFG should increase the minimum wage to $7.50 per hour" it is completly predictable if I post about it on cross-x, edebate and email all the teams that I could possibly hit at the tournaments I want to run it at...but that doesn't really make it predictable. Predictability is an okay standard but like all standards it doesn't nessessarily make sense by itself.

I'd beat you with inherency on that one.

Anyway, too unlimiting, unpredictable, etc.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that it totally explodes the limits - the Aff could run anything about any living things, if they choose to define "public' that way...but more definitions will be out there that define "public" in the people perspective, not the livings organisms perspective...

I just thought of this...if the aff saves some animal from a disease caused by bacteria, and they define public as the all living organisms definition, they would be saving an animal but still killing bacteria, so they'd be killing more living organisms than they would be saving....

Confusing.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that it totally explodes the limits - the Aff could run anything about any living things, if they choose to define "public' that way...but more definitions will be out there that define "public" in the people perspective, not the livings organisms perspective...

I just thought of this...if the aff saves some animal from a disease caused by bacteria, and they define public as the all living organisms definition, they would be saving an animal but still killing bacteria, so they'd be killing more living organisms than they would be saving....

Confusing.

sounds like the thesis of Deep Ecology K's (some)

this sounds likes a good case its to get on inherancy and solenct same with topicality but people could use a counter planon it then some one could easily killl it with a critique

it could be run as a CP with a K advantage

though it would just be a matter of impacts and the K, seeing as the CP wouldn't solve any of case....but maybe by F/X it would improve life for humans.

Nature-enforced Dedev?

it would be awefully easy to kill a case like that, just run africa T saying that africa is a mid-sized continent on the earth, and that public health systerms refer to hospitals, not zoos, aminals, or veterinarians

Help Goverments set up more sites for eco-tourism.

It benifits everyone in the long run anyway, but still define public as reaching to animals.

Have a specism(I can't spell) Impact, and a defination of "public" means humans only would link into the kritik that your 1ac puts out. I'd define keeping nature intact and improving african econs as a public health benifit.

If you say the benifit is for the animals it' s not really effects, but you still benifit the public.

A well worded plan text might not be extra topical.........maybe :)

i think the best T definitions next year willinvolve the entire phrase "public health," and you'd be hard-pressed to find a definition that says that means animals

there are cards out there saying that everything must be looked at in context

I'm still willing to work on it.
I'm still willing to work on it.

Keep us updated.

• Downvote 1