IrnScrabbleChf52

Nicknames for Tubs

i like to call the tub i have my pens and flow paper in "slappy". and the tub i've designated for camp is "Spokanistan", in honor of WGLF and GDI.

TANGENT ALERT

somebody in my class has a shirt that says spokanistan

The only tub we ever named was "Slavoj Zizek owns:" And then had a tally of teams we beat on neg with Fucko. Then the paper got rained on so it became another tub.

or you didn't have any tallies. haha

Mine are:

TIMECUBE

ASHTAR

The NORM and DEATHCULT tub

Aspec and Derrida tub (sadly berk took that one back (we had stolen it from him))

The Jammie Berk, greatest debater/singer in the world, memorial tub. (it replaced the above)

and zezik i think, cant remember what the other two are named

Edit:

Tubs are for nubs, grow up and debate without 6000 sheets of worthless intellectual babble and theory expandos, one should only need a backpack (im overidentifiing with the problem to break it down)

• Downvote 3

The Jammie Berk, greatest debater/singer in the world, memorial tub. (it replaced the above)

YESSSS. I wholeheartedly agree...

My trusty old tub is named The Notorious T.U.B.

I think it's pretty awesome.

"The Brown Bomber" - It repels moths as a defense mechanism and smells like wood chips.

"The Cardboard Castaway" - A good ole' fashioned cardboard box.

El Chupacabra

and my all-time favorite, a great debater from Northwestern had:

Box of Doom...

...and it was a crappy cardboard box with poor handwriting on it.

He won top speaker that year.

Not really a nickname, but one of our tub indexes used to have "dead hookers" listed on it.

My sophomore year I also had a gratuitously large tub called "the monster." I don't recommend this kind of tub, as stacking expandos on top of eachother has a tendency to mash them.

Frances

Cignus

Miranda

Cassanda

(and if I ever finish the DnG tub it will be called "the widow")

And I have a 10 gallon tub I bring to away tournaments designated "the food tub"

We once had a whole tub called "Statism."

Not completely related, but when my partner asked for a dolly for Christmas, his dad gave him a ragdoll. So we would take that doll to tournaments, named her "Dolly," and named our handcarts Elizabeth and Dale. Elizabeth and Dale then dated until Dale was retired and Elizabeth tragically blew out a tire.

Frances

Cignus

Miranda

Cassanda

(and if I ever finish the DnG tub it will be called "the widow")

And I have a 10 gallon tub I bring to away tournaments designated "the food tub"

love the mars volta... I added a forth named Concertina. rock on.

I had the mistake of leaving it in my teachers classroom, so when i came back, written on it by the dumbass 9th grade english class wrote "chads book box" on it (chad being the debate coach), so the mighty talking box (see below) was defaced forever, or at least 'till i muster up the energy to paint over it.

I'll try to get some batteries for the digital camera so i can show you the sheer horror of it all.

Names never stuck for our tubs...our expandos have various names...Russell, Darryl, The Pretty Pink One, to name a few. The extemp bins (back when there were only two of them) were called Johann and Sebastian--they were the Johann Sebastian Boxes.