Sign in to follow this  
caffeineprincess

rape/HIV cards

I need impact/framework cards relating to rape and HIV. Or pretty much anything you have relating to these topics...especially cards that talk about how rape is the hugest dehumanization and such.

Please contact me(PM, email (Inspiredcturtle@aol.com), aim- inspiredcturtle

thanks!

O I have lots to trade

well I was really looking for these cards because I'm working on an aff w/ rape impacts for next year where women who are raped are often marked for death..so it's a much different situation than for persay people who are raped in the US

what kind of hiv cards, like sontag which says that HIV stigamatization and testing is a fate worst than death and = 0 value to life or like hiv is going to kill everyone everywhere forever and ever

um everysingle PC aff file this year that was put out has a lot of the extinction crap with aids and the cool sontag stuff and stuff like it are in UT's HIV exclusion aff from last year

DO NOT make the arg that rape is a fate worse than death

here is a really really good explanation why:

http://www.cross-x.com/evazon/product.php?id=10424

OOHHH YEAHHH, beacause Evazon put out a file against an argument the arg can NEVER be run EVER again, god guys we can't run arguments that actually have ANSWERS to them!!! That would lead to some clash in the round.... god forbid

OOHHH YEAHHH, beacause Evazon put out a file against an argument the arg can NEVER be run EVER again, god guys we can't run arguments that actually have ANSWERS to them!!! That would lead to some clash in the round.... god forbid

the cards against this arg are really sweet

The idea that rape is a fate worse than death devalues the lives of womyn and children and entrenches patriarchy.

Rayburn 04

Worse still, policies premised on the notion that death is a lesser concern than rape send a series of pernicious signals that degrade womyn and children. The very heart of feminist critiques of rape law are denigrated by the disempowering rhetorical moves made to garner support for this new wave of legislation. When womyn's lives are leveraged into a utilitarian calculus that values chastity over survival, the Victorian shackles that feminism has sought to break reassert themselves in insidious fashion. Womyn's choices to live or die are then judged by cultural norms derived from patriarchy.

is an example

PM me if you want more