Best CO teams of the last 5 years

yeah, or we could just ask Greg, whichever answer comes first...

so Greg are you hung?

Edit : Sorry Andy, didn't see your post... it's a discussion that should be a CX topic some year

in an attempt to save this thread from the newbies and hopelessly awful posts, i shall post the official bracket even though march madness is done and i'm mainly turning my attention now towards MLB. (btw, goddamn UCLA... way to fuck up!)

please note the seeding is exceptionally fair.

crossxmadness2.GIF

a couple of things to add:

1. pueblo TW was added to round out the field to 22 teams.

2. all rounds, unless stated otherwise are assumed to be fast, with 3 judge panels.

3. a couple teams obviously get first round byes due to an uneven bracket.

4. no round disclosure goddamn it

5. every round is flip for sides

6. the topics shall be determined by dice roll:

1- WMD

2- oceans

3- china

4- supreme court

5- NMD good/bad

6- conditionality good/bad

yeah, there are some college topics in there, and other shenanigans. quit yer bitchin

the best two debates in the first round are probably kent/mullen and kent/canon city. results will be posted shortly, may the office pools begin...

Guys, wait, wait...

I think we're all wandering away from the topic at hand here: wangs. Lots and lots of wangs.

Yes, wangs.

Seriously, the size of the penis outweighs all.

I mean seriously, you can't look at that man and not think about the hairy, meaty, thick veiny engorged member that is being expertly concealed. I put forth the idea that she is an amputee. Think about it...

Theron Lamb and Andrew Brendle were some of the best c-x'ers in colorado history. They lead the creek team the last three years and should not be forgotten.

Namir

Theron Lamb and Andrew Brendle were some of the best c-x'ers in colorado history. They lead the creek team the last three years and should not be forgotten.

Namir

Dude...

What does this have to do with penises?

Come on, man! Stay on topic! What, are you not topical? That's an independent voter for being a liitle poopoo butt.

ASSHOLE

I'm not sure why I've become the official CX transsexual as deemed by someone I don't even know, but it seems I angered Peter Joeris somehow. Are you upset that I've never let you see my freak penis? Seriously, it's not even that big. Get over it already.

please note the seeding is exceptionally fair.

Just so all of us following this tournament know, how the fuck did you come up with this anyways? Places at state, trips to nats, breaks on the circuit, career circuit wins, wins at nats...or just off the top of your head?

Same way he came up with the teams in the bracket, of course...

Rapp, for the record:

Alexander and I:

1. Broke at Berkeley

2. Have finished in QUARTERFINALS OR BETTER at state for the LAST THREE YEARS, including finals this year.

3. Dropped in state break rounds ALL THREE YEARS to East EvT or GvT, the former of which is your tourney's top seed.

4. Have had out-of-state success beyond Berkeley, winning UNM last year (against the 2-time New Mexico state champs) and Chey Central.

5. Have winning records against Fort Collins DJ and Centaurus BS, two teams in your bracket.

6. Come from Littleton, a school virtually without a CX program before Kirby.

No, we're not the shit, we're definitely not as good as some of the teams on that bracket. But we're one of the best 22 CO teams of the last five years.

I'll resume my normal state of passivity now.

Edit: This post is mine, and mine alone -- not Alexander's or anyone else's. But the points I make are facts, not opinions or value judgements, except my assertion that we're one of the top 22. If you don't buy it, argue it on merits. Gabe's right, though -- the current ranking system is nothing more than an arbitrary list.

Actually, Greg, they do exist... but that wasn't me posting above... I wouldn't spell my own name wrong. You see, I'm constantly logged on in the debate room computers, and Brendle/Theron posted that.

Edit: This post is mine, and mine alone -- not Alexander's or anyone else's. But the points I make are facts, not opinions or value judgements, except my assertion that we're one of the top 22. If you don't buy it, argue it on merits. Gabe's right, though -- the current ranking system is nothing more than an arbitrary list.

I agree, there are a lot of recent teams Rapp knows nothing about who are not on the list and deserve to be. This list is basically all the teams from Rapp's heydey plus a few teams he's heard of lately. The seeding has been done the same way, quite clearly. Rapp has no clue about teams since he graduated, except that Will and Alex won fourth at nats. How about breaking at Berkeley, ASU (3rd seed, 1st and 5th speakers), USC (10th seed), and Alta this year? How about a lifetime 28-12 circuit prelims record?

The point is it's pretty much bullshit - and this is coming from someone on the list. However, Greg, my man, let's not try to legitimize this shit by trying to get on the list or improve our seeding or whatever. And for that matter, what's the need for a damn ranking system? Let's just call it ridiculoustupid rants by a dude who is almost completely unqualified to speak on the subject, and leave it at that. There, I've said my shit about it after staying quiet for a while. Maybe it took seeing the "seedings" for me to become a bit annoyed, but whatever, this is dumb.

It's especially dumb because as I'm sitting here ending my last year of debate, I find myself wondering what it all has meant. Why did I do this this whole time, what will be my "legacy" so to speak? This whole thing is stupid because being remembered among the best shouldn't really matter. What matters, especially in Colorado, is our contribution to the debate community as a whole. I hope Jordan and my contribution will be opening up debate for more people (having basically started our program from scratch at a smaller, less affluent school) and hopefully bringing more open, liberal and circuit-style debate to our very conservative state. Though we never won a circuit out round (by the judges, anyways), hopefully our modest success will lead to more teams in the future attending competitive camps, traveling more, and eventually getting back to times when regional teams were winning circuit tournaments (if there ever was a time).

In that light, shouldn't we be celebrating teams for what they were and what they contributed at their time instead of having one dude randomly compare teams with other teams that never hit and he doesn't know shit about?

• Downvote 2

Same way he came up with the teams in the bracket, of course...

Rapp, for the record:

Alexander and I:

1. Broke at Berkeley

2. Have finished in QUARTERFINALS OR BETTER at state for the LAST THREE YEARS, including finals this year.

3. Dropped in state break rounds ALL THREE YEARS to East EvT or GvT, the former of which is your tourney's top seed.

4. Have had out-of-state success beyond Berkeley, winning UNM last year (against the 2-time New Mexico state champs) and Chey Central.

5. Have winning records against Fort Collins DJ and Centaurus BS, two teams in your bracket.

6. Come from Littleton, a school virtually without a CX program before Kirby.

No, we're not the shit, we're definitely not as good as some of the teams on that bracket. But we're one of the best 22 CO teams of the last five years.

I'll resume my normal state of passivity now.

Greg i was just thinking this, but you and Berger don't need to be defined by some guy's list based on his thoughts alone of who used to be good. you two are remarkable debaters. I hope some day to be half the debater and person you and Berger are today. You two are my role models i salute you both. Littleton CX would be nothing without Kirby, Greg and Alexander

i would like to remind everybody that we are getting off topic. Who has the biggest penis.

Obviously Ruwan has the smallest, but we have to settle who has the biggest.

who the fuck are you? i think i could understand peter's obsession with wangs, but i don't even think you know me.

God bless,

Ruwan

I agree, there are a lot of recent teams Rapp knows nothing about who are not on the list and deserve to be. This list is basically all the teams from Rapp's heydey plus a few teams he's heard of lately. The seeding has been done the same way, quite clearly. Rapp has no clue about teams since he graduated, except that Will and Alex won fourth at nats. How about breaking at Berkeley, ASU (3rd seed, 1st and 5th speakers), USC (10th seed), and Alta this year? How about a lifetime 28-12 circuit prelims record?

The point is it's pretty much bullshit - and this is coming from someone on the list. However, Greg, my man, let's not try to legitimize this shit by trying to get on the list or improve our seeding or whatever. And for that matter, what's the need for a damn ranking system? Let's just call it ridiculoustupid rants by a dude who is almost completely unqualified to speak on the subject, and leave it at that. There, I've said my shit about it after staying quiet for a while. Maybe it took seeing the "seedings" for me to become a bit annoyed, but whatever, this is dumb.

It's especially dumb because as I'm sitting here ending my last year of debate, I find myself wondering what it all has meant. Why did I do this this whole time, what will be my "legacy" so to speak? This whole thing is stupid because being remembered among the best shouldn't really matter. What matters, especially in Colorado, is our contribution to the debate community as a whole. I hope Jordan and my contribution will be opening up debate for more people (having basically started our program from scratch at a smaller, less affluent school) and hopefully bringing more open, liberal and circuit-style debate to our very conservative state. Though we never won a circuit out round (by the judges, anyways), hopefully our modest success will lead to more teams in the future attending competitive camps, traveling more, and eventually getting back to times when regional teams were winning circuit tournaments (if there ever was a time).

In that light, shouldn't we be celebrating teams for what they were and what they contributed at their time instead of having one dude randomly compare teams with other teams that never hit and he doesn't know shit about?

I totaly agree with you Gabe, you and the rest of GW have made CX beter. you 4 provided logical arguments a new style of debate that opened my eyes. every thing i said about greg applies to you as well.

Greg i was just thinking this, but you and Berger don't need to be defined by some guy's list based on his thoughts alone of who used to be good. you two are remarkable debaters. I hope some day to be half the debater and person you and Berger are today. You two are my role models i salute you both. Littleton CX would be nothing without Kirby, Greg and Alexander

I totaly agree with you Gabe, you and the rest of GW have made CX beter. you 4 provided logical arguments a new style of debate that opened my eyes. every thing i said about greg applies to you as well.

Awww...that sex-bear...

And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives

Where we're gonna be when we turn 25

I keep thinking times will never change

Keep on thinking things will always be the same

But when we leave this year we won't be coming back

No more hanging out cause we're on a different track

And if you got something that you need to say

You better say it right now cause you don't have another day

Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down

These memories are playing like a film without sound

And I keep thinking of the night in June

I Didn't know much of love, but it came too soon

And There was me and you, and then it got real blue

Stay at home talkin' on the telephone and

We would get so excited, we'd get so scared

Laughing at our selves thinking life's not fair

And this is how it feels

Chorus:

As we go on, we remember

All the times we had together

And as our lives change, from whatever

We will still be, friends forever

So if we get the big jobs and we make the big money

When we look back now, will that joke still be funny?

Will we still remember everything we learned in school?

Still be trying to break every single rule

Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?

Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?

I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye

Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

And this is how it feels

Repeat chorus

La, la, la, la; yeah, yeah, yeah

La, la, la, la, we will still be friends forever

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?

Can we survive it out there? Can we make it somehow?

I guess I thought that this would never end

And suddenly it's like we're women and men

Will the past be a shadow that will follow us round?

Will these memories fade when I leave this town

I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye

Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

I do not want to take sides about this whole thing

but I do have a question

some of you kids are tossing crazy stats for getting into this fantasy tournament

like all time win/loss records and win percentages against certain teams and such

so what I want to know

is how the fuck you know all that/keep track of it

cause that is some crazy stuff

I know its been a couple years since I was in the CO debate thing

but I can't even remember if luke and I ever won an out round

let alone if we ever debated someone from somewhere in semis of something

but that probably has something to with my other activities