Best CO teams of the last 5 years

also, fantastic thread phill. i have a few more contributions

--wiliest debater: easily...wiley combs. the airgun to the baloons was priceless. honorable mentions include drew and shane (perhaps not technically mountain region,, but they weent to our camp) for the fireworks shit and that crazy girl who tried to cut chris' hand offf.

--i am suprised as shit that cram's not up there for fastest debater. though i believe there is documentary evidence suggesting that his eyebrows do indeed leap off of his head when he breathes.

friendliest debaters--golden br hands down. no matter how high stress the tournament those cats never failed to genuinely support everyone with gregariousness and alacrity.

also,

you youg kids have it too easy. in my day debaters walked ten miles to their rounds barefoot in the snow. then the round began with a game of ro=sham-bo of the kick-you-in the nuts variety to choose sides. then you began the 1ac.

also, get off my lawn.

--i am suprised as shit that cram's not up there for fastest debater. though i believe there is documentary evidence suggesting that his eyebrows do indeed leap off of his head when he breathes.

see above (CO debaters only being considered for the purposes of this thread)

you youg kids have it too easy. in my day debaters walked ten miles to their rounds barefoot in the snow. then the round began with a game of ro=sham-bo of the kick-you-in the nuts variety to choose sides. then you began the 1ac.

also, get off my lawn.

ahh yes. sprock's sharp kick to my testes when we debated at golden mullen still comes back to haunt me. yall going for a-spec was just salt in the wounds man

just seeemed like chey east was more or less getting included in co. but as it were.

just seeemed like chey east was more or less getting included in co. but as it were.

If that's the case, Martin Osborn, as well as Cram, would be at the top of the list for speed. Aaron Lyttle (plus the mentally ill comment at state where he played the crowd was amazing -- particularly for him), Chris Loghry, Chris Crowe and Danielle Jensen would be close behind. Will Jensen, on the other hand, would be number 2 to Vora as the slowest on the planet (fortunately he had other strengths). Sorry, I can't let these kids be forgotten -- they are some of the finest debaters of the Mountain region of all time. And Delo has to be in his own category...nowhere fast in hs, but one of the hardest working, most directed debaters I've ever had -- I am incredibly proud of him and what he has achieved. Would have to give a shout out to Micah Wolter -- the funniest, most amazingly creative debater I've ever had -- bankruptcy A-Z at state was unbelievable.

i will defer to sandy's analysis regarding cheyeast. like i stated earlier, i feel they need to be included but am not worthy to comment on the tru cru

in other news, a bracket is forthcoming while everyone is still in march madness mode (btw, what happened to unc. seriously. seriously.)

truthfully im just trying to procrastinate on this foreign relations paper, but you know

Oh the good ol' days. I've been doing an awful lot of reflecting lately. Thinking. I don't really have anything to say at this point about it but Sandy's post certainly made me cry. Now I can just wait for Crowe or TCram or someone of the likes to say that's not hard to do . . . so it goes.

as for speed...vora was nearly faster than me and he had a speech impediment. and as for what sandy said, i'm pretty sure i've never entertained anybody in my whole life.

• Upvote 1

uhuh . . . yeah. Though I enjoyed seeing you debate at CEDA!

Yeah, that wasn't our best showing...

Emory HH is good

Yeah, that wasn't our best showing...

Emory HH is good

Indeed. It's understandable. I got to stalk Emory HH this year. As well as Kathryn Clark and Jessica Yeats and Brenda Montes. Yep. Just kidding. Sort of.

... i'm pretty sure i've never entertained anybody in my whole life.

You are SO wrong -- of course, there are many different types of "entertainment" ;)

• Upvote 1

If we are truly going to consider the greatest CO debaters of the last five or so years, penis size is what really matters. Here are the "unofficial" (wink, wink) rankings I've collected over the past several years. Remember, friends: word of mouth is cheap, and travels fast!

In no particular order:

Sahan Jay - (aka The Gutbuster) Larger than life!

Dan Dexter - Packin' (Miles Davis Quintet optional)

Greg Sobetski - Doc. Ock

Robert Thompson - aka The Bullwhip

Kayla Young - Think about it... 'tis possible, eh?

And at the very bottom, the absolute WORST Debater (by these standards, at least), the award goes to...

Ruwan Jayasumana - aka "hung like a mosquito"

• Downvote 1

If we are truly going to consider the greatest CO debaters of the last five or so years, penis size is what really matters. Here are the "unofficial" (wink, wink) rankings I've collected over the past several years. Remember, friends: word of mouth is cheap, and travels fast!

In no particular order:

Sahan Jay - (aka The Gutbuster) Larger than life!

Dan Dexter - Packin' (Miles Davis Quintet optional)

Greg Sobetski - Doc. Ock

Robert Thompson - aka The Bullwhip

Kayla Young - Think about it... 'tis possible, eh?

And at the very bottom, the absolute WORST Debater (by these standards, at least), the award goes to...

Ruwan Jayasumana - aka "hung like a mosquito"

Wtf man...this kid is jokin right?

• Upvote 1

I know that you can't look me in the eyes and tell me that Greg doesn't look like he's hung like a bull

very true, i can not

I know that you can't look me in the eyes and tell me that Greg doesn't look like he's hung like a bull

Patrick, Greg doesn't look like he's hung like a bull. He's Polish.