Best CO teams of the last 5 years

best dressed:

lakewood's andrew lee. ritika takes second.

2nd to Andrew Lee? Pssshhh...

P.S. Travis, thanks for the visual.

slower than turds dipped in molasses rolling uphill in December.

On the best way to carry evidence award. Come on Phil Pueblo South doesn't get the award for our filing cabinet with wheels welded on the back for easy transport? You have seen it atleast twice at round robins and commented about how sweet it is, and not doggin the people you initially gave the award to, but that cabinet is pretty infamous. We have drug it to two NFL nats and every year people remember it from the last. Just saying.

oh shit... i did forget about the infamous filing cabinet. although, i think that may go into the 'worst' category. or at least 'most awkward.'

and hey, andrew lee was stylin. although i am rethinking ritika for 1st

I'm going to agree with Travis on this one: Mullen DJ . . . not fast which is why they were often so impressive. They had really good word economy. Also, Will is fast, Alex was not. Nathan . . . of all the people . . . anything but fast.

Additionally, I am going to disagree Phil, Jordan has gotten relatively fast. Gabe on the other hand could afford to do a speed drill or two ;)

3. because this site has been dead, boring, and basically absent of anything exciting since around spring 04 or so

Well you did do that at least...

On a side note... Good ol' Rappmund's nifty database of Colorado Debate history...

http://ghsdebate.cjb.net/

Oh, and to include Durango BB and not Centennial WT makes your list laughable. =P

I think it speaks a lot about the state of debate in Colorado that most of the teams on the list graduated at least two years ago. And maybe thats because it takes some time to evaluate a team in position to other teams and time helps that, but it still seems like there were a lot more good teams back when I was a freshman four years ago.

there were more teams, period.

also, there was a hell of a lot more people on this forum.

however, i think ive given the current batch of debaters the representation they are due. the list can obviously be updated after this year's nats.

now whether or not the best of the last 1-2 years is better than the best from around 02-04 is a good question. i'm curious what a matchup between '06 east VtE vs '04 mullen DJ would be like. i'm also curious what the ratio of teams interested in contemporary debate vs. rolling with the stox are (and whether or not it has increased since my days). it's at least been my perception that it's fallen, which is why i don't run the RR anymore.

fastest to sober up: rapp in atlanta. I'll leave out the details.

best partier:

tie between sprock and geoff brown (technically can be included since he did policy at a couple tournaments)

siddartha, man...

I think it speaks a lot about the state of debate in Colorado that most of the teams on the list graduated at least two years ago. And maybe thats because it takes some time to evaluate a team in position to other teams and time helps that, but it still seems like there were a lot more good teams back when I was a freshman four years ago.

Most of the teams on the list graduated at least two years ago, because our good buddy Phil whose making these decisions graduated in 2004.

And besides Phil is the bomb ass at making these decisions. I mean seriously, getting 11 ballots at nationals or getting a national speaker award... or winning a pretty little competitive tournament like Golden-Mullen.... is just jibberish! While the team Durango BB never even qualified to nationals (Why? Because Canon City SM/Centennial TW always qualled), are on the list.

Come now Philly, give credit where credit is due.

i think i should add, before i forget, that greg from littleton has a strong claim to this generation's archivist. he certainly seems to have a knack for digging up old threads and remembering the history. however, the fact that he didn't know the invit mortifies me.

Additionally, I am going to disagree Phil, Jordan has gotten relatively fast. Gabe on the other hand could afford to do a speed drill or two ;)

But that would...require work....

Well considering that you guys have spread me out of the round four times this year... I'm gonna have to agree with Kelly that Jordan's pretty fast, but I'd also say that Gabe's fast as well.

however, i think ive given the current batch of debaters the representation they are due. the list can obviously be updated after this year's nats.

Ok, greg... now I know why I wanted to qual/do well at nats! To make Rapp's list!

Why does Anant have his panties in such a twist? Goodness.

Well you see, deep down inside, all I ever wanted was Phil's approval. I just wanted a little pat on the back from that short little (insert Phil's race here) dude.. But I just never got it, so instead of defending my own skill I've decided to take up defending the merits of someone even better than me that also got neglected...

Yes... that's it.... Did I mention I'm going to the moon next week?

Are you high? I love those boys but they were slower than turds dipped in molasses rolling uphill in December.

I love them too, but, holy hell -- no way would they be in the top 10 of the fastest Colo. teams. I certainly could see them as the most entertaining team.

doug was kinda fast. or something.

Nathan, on the other hand, was slow as balls.

guys guys guys (and girls)

mullen DJ was the fastest CO team. yes, mills was probably faster, maybe buntin (never saw him in a fast round during the HS era) but i'm talking complete TEAM.

the only other teams that are in the discussion are ponderosa NR and poudre VG.

wooden was not fast, just high pitched, and eaglecrest DH was more unclear than anything else. i guess for completeness we should consider east EvT, but again i'm talking team, not ind debaters, and i don't remember eppler being particularly quick.

if people have potential challengers to DJ, name em

fastest to sober up: rapp in atlanta. I'll leave out the details.

ooo

hahahaha good call. although don't you mean SLC?