The K

[AFF] Landmines

Yeah, and thats how I Qualified to DCI at Derby this last weekend.

Only problem is that the plan is REALLY vague.

let us know what plantext is, then.

There's nothing about your case that people don't know about already except for the plan text.

seriously, if you want to know how to make your case good, you'll use the smart people here to see what kind of arguments they would make, so you know what frontlines to write.

your case being prepped out shouldn't be something you're worried about. if it is, maybe you need a new case.

I'm only worried about it until I build my file up a little bit more, but if you honestly want to know, I guess it could help me with the fronlines that I have to write for my class assignment next week.

The United States Federal Government should substantially increase its public health assistance to sub-Saharan Africa by providing all necessary funding to allow encourage the use of Gambian rats and Roborat technology across Sub-Saharan Africa for demining from a public health perspective. Funding and Enforcement is through normal means. We reserve the rights of Fiat and to clarify all intent and terms.

It is really vague, but that is the point of the plan.

• Upvote 1

People have been complaining about the disads, especially with the spending. They keep asking us how many rats we are using. Well the problem is that there is no way of knowing, so we use as many as neccessary. Then they think its gonna cost trillions of dollars. We have actually encouraged a team to run a spending disad against us and to drop vagueness arguments.

I would probably PIC out of rats.

There's no real reason to use rats to detect landmines when you have other sweet tech that's a lot more accurate like quadrupole resonance.

U.S. key warrant = homeland security ideology. This was run a few times on the UNPKO's topic, but it was never as inherent as it is now. Basically, attitudinal inherency is that there are a lot of war hawks in congress who think landmines are key to fighting a proxy war with china. Removing these mines would be a confrontation with this securitization. Realism is inevitable, but not responsive.

Discuss.

I would probably PIC out of rats.

There's no real reason to use rats to detect landmines when you have other sweet tech that's a lot more accurate like quadrupole resonance.

The problem with a PIC out of rats is that rats are more effective than current methods. We use dogs now, dogs blow up. Rats don't blow up and the US can turn them into remote controlled real live rats. Thats some pretty sweet tech.

The problem with a PIC out of rats is that rats are more effective than current methods. We use dogs now, dogs blow up. Rats don't blow up and the US can turn them into remote controlled real live rats. Thats some pretty sweet tech.

That isn't an arg against the CP. Its an arg against the squo. Using quadrople resonance tech would probably be way more effective than making a cyborg rat army to demine. and not link to animal rights kind of arguments.

Yeah and it's not like rats don't blow up entirely given the hair-trigger nature of some of these landmines.

And maybe viewing animals as disposable isn't that good?

My partner and I are running the landmines aff case. We are getting ready for a really big debate weekend. If you guys could help me buy telling me what you would run against the landmines case that would be awesome. THX a bunch

• Upvote 1

T PHA

You're effectually PHA topical.

There's actually good literature out there to support that removing landmines is PHA.

Landmines is kinda like Medflag in that there is a big heg debate. So be ready to defend heg good.

People are going to run t against you but look at all the camp files, there are T Blocks prewritten for the landmines affs.

Good case and good luck

most of the case strategies depend on your advantages.

although i disagree that you would have to get into a big heg debate. There is no reason to claim heg good unless you want to, but then again i really havent seen any specific internal links to heg in terms of landmines. heg isnt germain specifically to this one aff

most of the evidence on landmines being topical indicates that landmines drain public health resources, but the evidence isnt contextual to public health assistance

to answer to you can read a definition saying that you have to address the root causes of public health or something in terms of that

and argue that the disease prevention and treatment interp is bad

• Downvote 1

hey i am about to hit a landmines case this weekend... (live in Montana) and we barely beat it last time with Inharancy and I am worried about this time... anyone have any evidence? (they are using Rats to Demine)

• Downvote 1

hey i am about to hit a landmines case this weekend... (live in Montana) and we barely beat it last time with Inharancy and I am worried about this time... anyone have any evidence? (they are using Rats to Demine)

Rats? To demine?

Unless I misread that,

Public health = humans, b/c animals explode the topic.

Or, international actor/politics.

• Downvote 1

it is weird... they are using trained rats to sniff out and identify the mines... then people remove them... (the rats are pouch rats) (help) (and thanks)

Is there some animal/anthropocentrism advantage?

Well thats besides the point.

I guess you can say that rats can't solve, because of cheese in the ground, and also if they do find the landmine, they would be blownup first.

And also, there's no reason american rats are better than British rats.

Well our landmines case we cut as good as we could get. The T I'm not to worried cause we have some really good blocks. We also don't use mice... we use actual technology. We save lives and at the same time we help our readiness.

• Downvote 1

There's actually good literature out there to support that removing landmines is PHA.

Landmines is kinda like Medflag in that there is a big heg debate. So be ready to defend heg good.

People are going to run t against you but look at all the camp files, there are T Blocks prewritten for the landmines affs.

Good case and good luck

That doesn't answer back my argument -- somebody has to step on a landmine in order for it to be public health assistance. This means their interpretation is effectual in itself and relies on solvency evidence to prove itself true. This means that any affirmative that potentially can improve the health of an African would be topical. Pulling McDonalds out of Africa would be topical.

• Downvote 1