MELE-MEL

Worst thing you've ever seen done in a round

Oh yeah and privatization CP and cap K together wasn't so hot either.

I once had a team read this and as an internal net benny to the CP they said the private sector can access people in poverty better and then said cap=root cause of poverty on the K flow.

• Upvote 1

They run high speed rail with two advantages: 

1. we fix the ozone layer
  2. we reduce car crashes

And I still lost because I was a sucky novice.

• Upvote 1

When I was a novice and seriously didn't know better, the one team got up for their 2NR and said "Who cares about Okinawa" to start, so in response I started my speech with, "Who cares about rape". Probably should not have done that.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

novices drop that their aff causes genocide entire round until the 2AR when she gets up and says "yeah so our plan causes genocide, so what?  BIG DEAL"

• Upvote 3

A team on our circuit ran (At the finals round at a small tournament) Cap n Trade with a federalism Net Benefit against us. 

Just think about this for a second. Federalism, Cap and Trade solves that. 

The worst part is we didn't realize how stupid this was till the 1AR and it was a 2-1 decision in our favor, all the judges were like "I was waiting to see that turn happen" on the ballots. 

A team on our circuit ran (At the finals round at a small tournament) Cap n Trade with a federalism Net Benefit against us. 

Just think about this for a second. Federalism, Cap and Trade solves that. 

The worst part is we didn't realize how stupid this was till the 1AR and it was a 2-1 decision in our favor, all the judges were like "I was waiting to see that turn happen" on the ballots. 

MOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

MOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Hey, I wasn't planning on using names

• Upvote 1

Hey, I wasn't planning on using names

Well, you keep just saying "This team on my circuit". Your circuit sounds really easy... I wish I could debate there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, you keep just saying "This team on my circuit". Your circuit sounds really easy... I wish I could debate there.

I'm pretty sure you've hit said team...

i was at glenbrooks jv, and i gave 5 min on suffering k and it was on the disabilities aff (i felt bad about that, especially after the one of the other team's member said her aunt was disabled... ) and most of it was on how rape was good... we won... 

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

:/

• Upvote 1

I'm working as an assistant at a camp right now and I've judged multiple PF rounds where people begin their constructives with "We are affirming/negating the resolved". 

• Upvote 2

I'm working as an assistant at a camp right now and I've judged multiple PF rounds where people begin their constructives with "We are affirming/negating the resolved". 

The resolved? Like, that's not a typing error and you didn't mean "The Resolution" 

Kill me 

The resolved? Like, that's not a typing error and you didn't mean "The Resolution" 

Kill me 

Yup.  I was actually physically painful to here it...

• Upvote 2

Last year, me and my partner were running the States CP against HSR. We were novices, with crappy novice judges, so....

The other team responded with, "Only 9 of the 50 states signed the Declaration of Independence. There's no way all 50 of them would enact the PLAN."

We responded with, "There were only 13 states in 1776, when the Declaration was signed. Their argument is invalid."

They said, "Yes, there WERE actally 50 states in 1776."

We lost the debate on the CP. I still don't know why.

• Upvote 2

Last year, me and my partner were running the States CP against HSR. We were novices, with crappy novice judges, so....

The other team responded with, "Only 9 of the 50 states signed the Declaration of Independence. There's no way all 50 of them would enact the PLAN."

We responded with, "There were only 13 states in 1776, when the Declaration was signed. Their argument is invalid."

They said, "Yes, there WERE actally 50 states in 1776."

We lost the debate on the CP. I still don't know why.

because the debate was about these arguments and your judges' heads hurt.

• Upvote 9

I happen to be MarekIntan's partner, and I have to say that that was not the worst thing I've seen. Our first debate, we ate about 15 minutes of time on a super CX, so we're the only team that got rebuttals. Nobody stopped us, and we happened to get a CX after the 1NR. (We had no idea we were doing anything wrong, having never so much as watched a debate or been in a mock debate.) We won, but mainly because the other team never got a rebuttal. We continued to run into these guys the rest of the year, and something would always go horribly wrong every single time we saw 'em.

And then there was a whole fiasco with someone trying to run a suffering aff that argued "end econ engagement to Mexico, Venezuela, and Cuba." Meanwhile, I write up throwaway condo CP that says "End econ engagement EVERYWHERE" and go with a super-libertarian dystopian system, where we never see our tax dollars because the Gov't ended all public welfare programs. Meanwhile, we're still killing them on-case because they never bothered to respond to any of our "plan kills empathy-dehumanizes" arguments. Won that one, but the judge proceeded to openly display his disliking of our school. Meh.

And then there's one debater who argued that grants are not money. It's imaginary, apparently. Thus, grants avoid Econ/spending DAs. That one was funny.

This past weekend, we were aff, and the 2n gave his rebuttal and started growling, I was so confused.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

My partner hand wrote his 1AR during my 2AC and C-X.  When I asked his what he was doing he said refuting their arguments.

My partner hand wrote his 1AR during my 2AC and C-X.  When I asked his what he was doing he said refuting their arguments.

..and why is that a bad thing? In my experience, if you DON'T handwrite your 1AR during the 2AC (eight minutes of free prep if you know your partner well enough, yay!), you'll find yourself overwhelmed when it comes time to give your speech. There's only so much you could possibly block out, and different rounds often require different approaches to making the same points.

..and why is that a bad thing? In my experience, if you DON'T handwrite your 1AR during the 2AC (eight minutes of free prep if you know your partner well enough, yay!), you'll find yourself overwhelmed when it comes time to give your speech. There's only so much you could possibly block out, and different rounds often require different approaches to making the same points.

True. I normally write my rebuttals fresh off of and during the 1NC if we ever need prep. As long as he wasn't writing refutations for your speech, then I don't think there's a problem. Also, I love using CX answers in rebuttals. Especially if they contradict their cards or admit to something they shouldn't have.

Edited by Temporal

True. I normally write my rebuttals fresh off of and during the 1NC if we ever need prep. As long as he wasn't writing refutations for your speech, then I don't think there's a problem. Also, I love using CX answers in rebuttals. Especially if they contradict their cards or admit to something they shouldn't have.

Sorry, I didn't clarify he wrote the 2AC i just gave