MELE-MEL

Worst thing you've ever seen done in a round

That sounds like the most epic round that could ever be imagined.

Jesus Christ I wish I could have watched that round.

It was a pretty epic round.

Just to clarify, Chris Leonardi and Kyle Lastovica were aff, Hank Stolte and Ethan White were neg.

I was still an itty bitty novice then, so I didn't understand all of the round, but I garnered enough from it looking at that old description of the round.

The fact that I've ever won on the "Should" PIC makes me question the sanity of the Debate world.

/doucheybragging

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The worst thing I've ever seen done in a round was a girl stripping. Yeah. The motion was "THW ban nonessential cosmetic surgery," and the opposition whip ended her speech with, "This is my body, and I'll do whatever the hell I want! *off comes her shirt*"

The worst thing I've ever seen done in a round was a girl stripping. Yeah. The motion was "THW ban nonessential cosmetic surgery," and the opposition whip ended her speech with, "This is my body, and I'll do whatever the hell I want! *off comes her shirt*"

I'm not sure about you, but this sounds more like a "best thing that ever happened in a debate round" to me.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure about you, but this sounds more like a "best thing that ever happened in a debate round" to me.

It all depends on how she looks, Spank Daddy, you should know this better than anyone

• Upvote 1

It was a pretty epic round.

Then there was the round where I got up in the 1NC and Kyle was all "open the door!"

And then I got on the floor.

• Upvote 1

So a couple years ago in a novice final round at Evanston, one of our debaters were facing a Nazism argument, and responded with

"This argument makes no sense, the Nazis wore pants, we're all wearing pants, does that make us Nazis???"

He then proceeded to take off his pants. And won the round.

• Upvote 1

So a couple years ago in a novice final round at Evanston, one of our debaters were facing a Nazism argument, and responded with

"This argument makes no sense, the Nazis wore pants, we're all wearing pants, does that make us Nazis???"

soooooooo badddddassssssss

I had this argument made against me on the "Ideal Paradigm" thread hahaha

• Upvote 1

At a local tournament last year, my partner and I were aff in novice semi-finals, and we ran a Japan case with imperialism and patriarchy advantages. The neg team got all jacked up on their patriarchy answers and literally started yelling "You don't solve because I'd still want to rape you!".

Worst part is, they won on a 2-1 decision.

At a local tournament last year, my partner and I were aff in novice semi-finals, and we ran a Japan case with imperialism and patriarchy advantages. The neg team got all jacked up on their patriarchy answers and literally started yelling "You don't solve because I'd still want to rape you!".

Worst part is, they won on a 2-1 decision.

Is this the Angela from SCFI Varsity 2-week? I remember you telling me this story.

A few things I've done:

-Gone for counter-perms as floating PIKs in the 2NR (twice, won both times)

-Read 15 Ks in the 1NC (3 or 4 times, thank God they didn't understand the concept of offense I we would have been screwed)

-Permed politics DAs

-Permed T

Things I've seen done:

-This was semis at a local tournament (this will tell you how shitty this district is). The aff is a Derrida aff that's surprisingly not terrible. The neg reads my psychoanalysis file that apparently a former partner of mine gave them without telling me. The 2AC answers with Krishna (as if they aren't a totalizing criticism of a lot of shit), Foucault and Deleuze (not the good cards, either). The 2NC proceeds to read my blocks (that apparently the same former partner also gave them without telling me) that were not only were specific to a TNWs aff that I hit on the college nuclear weapons topic (and had no application to the Derrida aff about the Kurdish genocide) but had extensions for a bunch of cards they never read. Needless to say, the aff won pretty handedly and I needed a smoke afterwards.

-Several project teams where the rebuttal speeches were basically "I'm Black, vote for me".

Those aren't inherently contradictory. It depends on the impact to SKFTA and it assumes that the internal link to capitalism is trade and that collapsing trade collapses capitalism...

That's true, but I think he also might be talking about time allocation - like he should've only gone for one.

Those aren't inherently contradictory. It depends on the impact to SKFTA and it assumes that the internal link to capitalism is trade and that collapsing trade collapses capitalism...

South Korea "Free Trade Agreement"

It can usually be assumed that neoliberal policy is bad in the eyes of the cap k

Edited by Rawrcat
  • Upvote 2