Sign in to follow this  
Zero Shift

[AFF] Masturbation

For next years topic there seems to be a masturbration AFF can somebody pleaze explain to me what it is, and if it is a good AFF or not.

[all opinions count]

• Downvote 4

I think it might be somewhat ironic. (Like, read evidence saying masturbation is good for health, cuts down on actual sexual activity, solves for STDS, etc... heck you could even work in some anti-patricarchy stuff).

That's what I'm guessing, anyway. I don't really know.

As with most out-there affs, it's probably a matter of what you're comfortable running and what your normal judge pool will accept.

• Downvote 1

This was on the mental health topic (not from last year). It acted as a tongue-in-cheek (and elsewhere) aff with a policy while criticizing notions of "mental health".

Ask anybody from Burlington about it.

• Downvote 1

Irony affs aren't usually any good.

I disagree. If run well with an original idea, they make for some interesting debates that actually get to the core of the resolution.

I checked the old case out... I still think a Masturbation good case would be better than Masturbation bad, because you could run it straight up with no irony.

Hey, it's probably better than medical marijuana...

Okay it's an irony aff, Masturbation causes all diseases including Polio, aids, is the leading cause of cancer (all people with cancer masturbated), diabetes, malaria and pretty much any disease you can think of, there's lit saying masturbation causes it.

So the irony is to enforce a secret police to stop masturbation

Plan Text (not exactly sure on wording): The United States Federal Government should establish a policy enforcing the secret police to stop masturbation [in Africa], funding and enforcement are guaranteed through the normal means like bake sales and carwashes.

Yes the bake sales and car washes is actually in the Plan Text.

• Downvote 2

I disagree. If run well with an original idea, they make for some interesting debates that actually get to the core of the resolution.

Or you could do that anyway and skip the whole irony debate.

• Downvote 2

performative!! masturbate while you read your 1ac

it bans masturbation..

haha i know it is supposed to be ironic but come on it has no solvency for enforcement.

Any type of checks via urine or some high tech machine is ineffective.

Two words: Wet dreams

If you don't spank your monkey then it will take care of itself...

This thread has been nothing but stupid. If someone actually has something useful to say, PM me and I'll consider re-opening the thread.