jdmarriott88

IDAHO STATE DEBATE

i agree completely. the east and west sides just have to come to the conclusion that we have to adapt to each others style when we are with each other, and do what we do when not. its high time to stop complaining and just debate. hillcrest wins because, contrary to popular belief, they CAN and do debate well even with western judges.

I have never implied that Hillcrest's form of debate is good. Maybe we need to work together to advance 'good' debate.

I have never implied that Hillcrest's form of debate is good. Maybe we need to work together to advance 'good' debate.

this is true. i misconstrued your point. but nonetheless, they have a winning form, but there must be some way to advance this 'good' debate further. things would definitely be a lot different for the east/ west thing.

Word. I completely agree. In general, the West probably understands the mechanics of a debate round, kritiks, and counterplans much better than most East Idaho teams do. A good blend of both would be awesome with great judges, unfortunately, most of the time judges either know what they are doing or they don’t. I don’t know what more to say than that. And I agree: Down with Public Forum. It is sad that policy is dying nationwide and getting replaced with such a lazy form of debate. Our district has the highest competition rate for policy of any in the NFL I hear.

Because I guess in Idaho coaches don't care about the T.O.C. or silly tournaments like that, obviously the NFL is a much superior caliber of competition.

P.S. you should make an account so we know who you are.

it is true. our district has the most degrees in the nation this season, so i hear we get 4 teams to qualify in policy now.....

<down with public forum>

Silly kids, debate is a game. (you're not the only one suffering. bsu lost nationals last weekend by 2 sweepstakes points

Overall Sweepstakes:

1. Southwest Baptist University 157 Superior

2. Boise State University 155 (ouch!) Superior

3. Truman State University 146 Superior).

hats off to zhang and thurber.

- Tizzle

i like public forum actually.

The problem with policy in eastern idaho has several aspects. These problems are not unique to eastern idaho, however they are more present.

1) A hatred of certain kinds of arguments, Ks, Topical counter plans. etc. Judges are afraid to hear these arguments, and coaches look down on them

2) a widespread conservative bias in the general judging pool of eastern idaho.

3) Dumb habits of debaters like all new in the 2

4) A focus on good speaking, not good arguments. (now dont just tell me to speak better, because i often get top speaker awards)

5) an outdated style of debate, plan planks, stock issues, no real advantages.

It is not just a question of adapting. Living in Eastern Idaho, i typically do very well at both local tournaments, and at the occasional boise tournament we make it to. I think most who have debated me could easily classify me as more of the western, speed, K debate style. I can talk as slow and pretty as the next person, the problem is...after being dropped so many times for bullshit things...i can no longer accept the argument of "adapt" There is a problem with the fundamental concept of eastern idaho Debate.

with that, i would like to say there are good teams in eastern idaho. Jake and Debra from hillcrest are both very good. Brandon, mike and jake who post on here are also legit. The problem is that debate in eastern idaho has an anti-intellectual feel to it. Amazing arguments are not often rewarded.

Thats interesting that you would say that....because those girls from bonneville told me they would make me one.

Someone should make me one.

i do deserve an action figure. I would roll-play mega battles with dinosaurs and stuff. It was be so hardcore.

ya...i mentioned that i want one of myself to skylar, and she said that you need one as well, so naturally i found a link and she sent it to you...and your statement deserves an action figure in itself...lol

full scale battles with dinosaurs...if only

nah i vote him made out of some kind of plastic with moveable arms and legs so he can actually have these full scale dinosaur battles.

Chris, it was pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen, we were sitting in a hallway preparing for our quarters round, we knew what we were going against, and all the sudden, my partner and I say you zooming past on your cart (= you were going down the hill, but we hadn't seen that, it looked like you just kinda zoomed past. I looked at my partner and we both just started laughing, anyway, I was gonna ask if I could try, but we were already late to quarters. PS, I'm the guy that talked to you at subway.

Is your brother RJ? Sister...want to say Amy?

alex, wait till college debate..idaho is seen as part of the liberal northwest.

southern debate is what you should be afraid of.

It's motherfuckin' Snoop Dogg

I live the fast life, where ya keep ya cash tight

In broad daylight, walkin' wit ya flashlight

Addin' up what ya brought in from last night

She mad tight with mad bite (is that right?)

Bad lil bitches on my tizeam (tizeam)

Nigga, that's the American drizeam (wha-wha-wha-what)

Pussy broke the President (yeah it did)

And pussy made a pimp rich (yeah it did)

I live like 'em both as I smoke on my dope

On my boat...thumbin' through c-notes

Now here's a toast to the coast

Cuz we doin' it the most (we doin' it the most)

Playa playa high costs

Uno, dos, I'm bout to get ghost

Stackin what ya mackin D-O-double G

The shit ya doin' is so lovely

The haters hate cuz they will never be

There ain't no limit to this melody (melody)

You niggas sippin on that jealousy (jealousy)

I pour a tall glass of Hennesey (want some?)

Do you wanna have a sip with me?

Or would you rather try and trip with me? (trip with me?)

Amy was older than me, Krista younger. But yes. I used to live in the apartments right next to them in Jr. High.

I enjoyed their trampoline. It's large.

EDIT: At South I focused most of my attention on Duo Interpretation. Ask Mrs. O about our piece called Scorned. Anthony and I are legends I tell you. Legends.