Sign in to follow this  
ALANgoodtime

Coast Guard strategy

The Coast Guard is still part of the Armed Forces even when it isn't operating within the navy. The key part of the US Code is where it says AT ALL TIMES. Also, the aff specifying where troops would be used in their plan text would just be extra T on face.

wow dude you have selective listening. There are violations that say if the coast guard is dealing with terrorist ordeals it must be seen as operating under the DOD. That's who it has to turn to in states of terror.

And about my coast guard comment, I didn't mean to say the term is affiliated with border patrol. I mean to say it is notorious for netting out little Cuban children out of the water and grinding them into tobacco for Castro's cigars.

On the mandate issue, I told you I phrased it wrong.

What I meant to say was that all the aff would have to say is that you measure increases through baselines. The baseline in terms of the Armed Forces is the end strength. So an increase in the end strength would be on face mandating that the Coast Guard gets bigger in size, at least legally.

Also, armed forces have to meet the end strength at the end of the fiscal year, so it is functionally mandating.

This was all explained better by senghas in another post.

no.

poopie.

wow dude you have selective listening. There are violations that say if the coast guard is dealing with terrorist ordeals it must be seen as operating under the DOD. That's who it has to turn to in states of terror.

And about my coast guard comment, I didn't mean to say the term is affiliated with border patrol. I mean to say it is notorious for netting out little Cuban children out of the water and grinding them into tobacco for Castro's cigars.

Wow, so THATS why they get free citizenship if they hit Florida...

Okay if the Coast Guard works within Homeland Security (which it can do now), it's not T.

You give no reason as to why other than it has to work with the navy to be in the armed foces. You aren't responding the the fact that US CODE says that it is still in the armed forces REGARDLESS of who it works within.

they key word is AT ALL TIMES.

In case you didn't read it.

Us Code, Title 14, Section 1

The Coast Guard as estsablished January 28, 1915, shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States AT ALL TIMES.

Operating under the DoD is still topical. The Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines all operate under the DoD, but they are still in armed forces. It's jsut a matter of who has jurisdiction over them.

P.S. that Castro shit is funny.

Yes, and when it is not operating under the DOD it operates under the Department of Transportation. I think you are just unable to read properly. Because regardless of who it works under it is still an armed force.

You give no reason as to why other than it has to work with the navy to be in the armed foces. You aren't responding the the fact that US CODE says that it is still in the armed forces REGARDLESS of who it works within.

they key word is AT ALL TIMES.

In case you didn't read it.

Us Code, Title 14, Section 1

The Coast Guard as estsablished January 28, 1915, shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States AT ALL TIMES.

But what YOU aren't getting is that even WHILE it's UNDER AF, if it takes action for Homeland Security, its NOT topical. Cause then it's not DOD buddy.

End of story.

DOD isn't in the resolution :)

And even if it was it would be Extra T, not not T.

Sign in to follow this