Lemur

East Texas Debate

Attention, i am completely new to the east texas debate circut. I am from central texas so i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the type of judges in east texas. Also if you know anything about the following schools it would be greatly appreciated: Princeton, Aubrey, Vanguard College Prep, Canton, Wylie, Diboll, Richardson, Red Oak, James Bowie. I you know anything about team strength or cases i would be very thankful.

Princeton, Aubrey, Vanguard College Prep, Canton, Wylie, Diboll, Richardson, Red Oak, James Bowie. I you know anything about team strength or cases i would be very thankful.

I saw one of their policy teams at Jenks, OK tourney. Very slow style, stock issue/policy maker paradigm. No cp, no K's. Very persuasive speaking style.

advancing for the LBJ district are Thorndale Stolte/Mackenzie and Canton Travis/Teel

advancing for the LBJ district are Thorndale Stolte/Mackenzie and Canton Travis/Teel

Congrats!

Y'all are definitely one of, if not the, best 1A team I have seen in quite a long while. In fact, I'd say you are better than more than half of the 2A and 3A teams as well. Have fun in Kansas!

Most of the schools you listed, at least from my experience, have been very successful in many other events, but I do not believe they have a real focus on CX. However, East Texas, in general, are very good at CX. Most of the teams that break to elims at state, at least in my 3A experience, have been from East Texas. It was crazy debating teams that I debated at East Texas practice tournaments in Octos, Quarters, and Semis. As far as the judges are concerned, I would say stick to stock issues. Many of the judges are very stingy (some to the point where if you drop a single word in the 1AR, you lose). The best will adapt to whatever comes at them. I have gone into some rounds where a collegiate debater has judged and I got to run a K and a CP. You never know. Congrats on Nationals. I know your partner team. They are cool too. Have fun and maybe I'll cu there (not in CX). (DUO)