ProgressiveLD

What's your favorite energy drink? O.o

I don't touch caffeine or sugar for debate rounds, as, while it seems to help in the short term, it makes me crash in the long term, and doesn't seem to be worth it. Instead, I drink a tremendous amount of very cold water. If I think that I'm about to nod off, or just can't focus, I splash some of this very cold water on my face, and it seems to make me more alert.

Just my thoughts on keeping awake, even when not in debate.:)

• Upvote 1

I don't touch caffeine or sugar for debate rounds, as, while it seems to help in the short term, it makes me crash in the long term, and doesn't seem to be worth it. Instead, I drink a tremendous amount of very cold water. If I think that I'm about to nod off, or just can't focus, I splash some of this very cold water on my face, and it seems to make me more alert.

Just my thoughts on keeping awake, even when not in debate.:)

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have officially made the 20,000th post in the Culture forum. Below is your souvenir photograph.

culture2k.jpg

If you would like to keep the photograph, the price is $29.95 plus tax. It comes with a complimentary frame made out of chewed-on juice box straws and scotch tape.

For an additional fee, we can also make you a plaque featuring the souvenir photograph AND the text of the your wonderful post about drinking cold water. Immortalize these words of wisdom! Few are so privileged as you.

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have officially made the 20,000th post in the Culture forum. Below is your souvenir photograph.

culture2k.jpg

If you would like to keep the photograph, the price is $29.95 plus tax. It comes with a complimentary frame made out of chewed-on juice box straws and scotch tape.

For an additional fee, we can also make you a plaque featuring the souvenir photograph AND the text of the your wonderful post about drinking cold water. Immortalize these words of wisdom! Few are so privileged as you.

I feel blessed. I want to thank the academy, policy debate, my parents, and Nietzsche.

• Upvote 1

There are only 3 or 4 ways to get pumped for a debate round. About a half hour or 15 mins before a debate round i have one of the following

(*) Jolt (blue, preferably)

(*) Redline (makes you fuckin sick, but it works well. Have to be 18 to buy)

(*) Monster Assault

(*) Cocaine (took off the market, but my store still sell em.)

Then I take have a bottle of water to clear out my system. Problem solved. ^.^

Energy drinks create royal havoc with your metabolism over time though - I stopped drinking them pre-tournament because sure - it helps mid-round, but after that round you generally have the unavoidable "caffeine fall" where you just feel wiped.

My pre-round energy drink consists of sleep, a nice breakfast, and water. It goes a hell of a lot further than that detergent-tasted Red Bull or Monster (although I think Monster Juice is really really good, so I may or may not be a hypocrite of my own rantings. :) )

EDIT: Mountain Dew has as much, if not more caffeine than Monster/Red Bull/etc., and lacks a lot of the extra energy stimulants that create addiction issues, not to mention that it tastes better, comes in orange-soda form (Kel loves orange soda folks!), and is a lot cheaper. More bang for yo buck homies.

I love getting all whacked-out on meth before a round, but I guess it isn't a drink.

I take it you're joking, but I'm interested if anyone has experimented with methamphetamines / opiates / aderol before a debate round.

Loading up on caffeine before a round might not be a great idea, because caffeine doesn't actually increase focusing ability. It merely fools your brain into thinking your awake. I shouldn't talk, I'm a 4-cup-a-day addict. Better to drink throughout the round to prevent a crash before your 2AR.

Mountain Dew has as much, if not more caffeine than Monster/Red Bull/etc., and lacks a lot of the extra energy stimulants that create addiction issues, not to mention that it tastes better, comes in orange-soda form (Kel loves orange soda folks!), and is a lot cheaper. More bang for yo buck homies.

Actually that's not exactly true. A Mountain Dew has 55.5mg, and a Red Bull has 80mg, as well as some other alleged energizing chemicals.