math_u_matics

ice ice baby (too cold, too cold)

-some teachers have big egos and show it in the form of loading their students with busywork

ahhh ... so that is the reason why they do that ... was always wondering that.

Uh oh, lots of Thursday school is cancelled. Pray for school on Friday. :rolleyes:

you might look into policy of the schools too ... if i remember right at hays high, if you did not have school the day BEFORE the tournament day you were not able to travel either.

furthermore, traveling kids in weather like this is a really really stressful time for coaches ... so if you have not told them enough this year -- and even if you have -- thank them for the time they put in sometime this weekend.

/bd

Can someone please hook me up with the time DCI starts on Friday. Thanks, and if it's been written and my incompetence is the reason I cannot find it just aim me or something. Thanks again.

if anyone knows why wichita, derby, or haysville cancelled school please let me know

86,000 without power according to kake

+roads

+liability

86,000 without power according to kake

+roads

+liability

yeah but why???? are the schools with out power? if not would it not make sense to provide the kids with out power a warm place to go? Also, what liability? schools aren't liabile if kids get in a car crash on the way to school.

yeah but why???? are the schools with out power? if not would it not make sense to provide the kids with out power a warm place to go? Also, what liability? schools aren't liabile if kids get in a car crash on the way to school.
What high school do you attend? thats what makes the diference but At Buhler high evryone seems to be responsible for everyone else! Car wrecks etc..:rolleyes:

Actually, yeah. 1/4 of the Wichita schools are without power. I've lost about half of the branches in both of the big trees in my back yard, and I didn't have power for about 2 hours last night.

Actually, yeah. 1/4 of the Wichita schools are without power. I've lost about half of the branches in both of the big trees in my back yard, and I didn't have power for about 2 hours last night.

86,000 people w/o power in Wichita according to Kake.

some of tree branches fell too, I learned to stay away

Anyone remember the mega ice storm threeish years ago? I was without power for a week. It sucked...

I totally remember that. I was in 8th grade. It really did suck. It was way too cold.

• Downvote 1

Originally Posted by MarylandTerps421

Uh oh, lots of Thursday school is cancelled. Pray for school on Friday.

...am I the only one that sees something wrong with this? snow days are supposed to be prayed for , not against.

Generally I would praise the fact that I don't have school tomorrow...but damn...

I'm gonna be behind on my debate/extemp work :-\

...am I the only one that sees something wrong with this? snow days are supposed to be prayed for , not against.
with no school on friday that means no warm up tournament and no DCI. also some schools require that if school cancels the the student activites must also be cancelled

Yeah ning did much more funny things than are listed on the chronicles.

for example:

he told white that he knew me from my dad visiting his mom (they used to work together). Then white asked me if I was nings half brother. ask Mr. White he may remember.:D

Is Ning his first name? If so, what is the last name of this person you're referring to?

86,000 people w/o power in Wichita according to Kake.

some of tree branches fell too, I learned to stay away

the most beautiful peach tree in the world (coincidentally located in my parent's backyard) completely collapsed because of the ice and destroyed a fence. damn this storm. DAMN IT!!!

2 snow days in a row??? This is unheard of....
you think 2 is bad i am already hearing of more schools that have already canceled school friday. but i have not heard any thing about campus or DCI

Hehe, I'm rolling on three right now 8-)

Yeah, my school doesn't have any power. We had to cancel our novice State entry. It's sad. *crosses fingers* I hope campus doesn't cancel school on friday. I'll update if I find out anything.

EDIT: USD 261 (Haysville) has not cancelled school for Friday, yet.