ishamael_89

Maine East

Some disclosure of previously read affs would be nice from Kansas teams-

Kennedy/Mapes have been reading Women in Combat: the Undecidable Remix- basically just an aff about why the sovereign and security discourse is bad- most of you have hit this aff already

Summers/Owens previously had been reading a space aff that would make J.R. Nyquist proud- I believe the advantages were hege/economy/sats

Any additional information pm summers, mapes, or I about our respective affs and I'm sure you can get it

Seriously there is absolutely no reason not to tell people what you've been reading to this point- if you aren't willing to disclose we'll have our russian spies track down your affs by the end of the week and get them anyway

Some bits and pieces from day one

SMW BW 3-0

SMW BM 1-2

STA HS 2-1

STA WW 1-2

SME OS 2-1

Emporia BY 2-0

Wichita East 2-0

Lawrence 0-2

Winfield 2-0

Field by teams/schools:

Illinois 34/13

Kansas 11/8

Wisconsin 9/4

Michicgan 6/4

Ohio 4/2

Iowa 2/2

New Hamp. 2/1

Minnesota 2/1

Missouri 2/1

Nevada 1/1

DC 1/1

Double Octos, ongoing as we speak:

SME KM (6-0) advances without debating

Wichita East DP vs. East Grand Rapids BP

SME OS vs. Glenbrook South HS

SMW BW vs. New Trier GS

Emporia BY vs. Valley GH

Winfield CG vs. Meadows CS

STA HS 3-3 (losses to SMW and Emporia)

STA WW 2-4

SMW BM 2-4

Lawrence 2-4

Dunno about Andover Central

Go Kansas teams! Gotta think this kind of performance at a circuit tournament bodes well for Houston and Wichita...

Double Octos, ongoing as we speak:

SME KM (6-0) advances without debating

Wichita East DP vs. East Grand Rapids BP

SME OS vs. Glenbrook South HS

SMW BW vs. New Trier GS

Emporia BY vs. Valley GH

Winfield CG vs. Meadows CS

SME OS, SMW BW, Emporia BY, and WEast DP all drop in double-octos.

In octos, winfield CG is (or was... round is almost over, surely) facing SME KM.

KS teams would be substantially more successful if we didn't keep knocking each out, methinks.

Kennedy/Mapes advance to quarters tomorrow morning.

Speaker awards: Mapes 10th, Weiner 8th, Baker 7th, Kennedy 1st

I have to think Winfield has an at-large to the TOC more or less wrapped up at this point. It's hard to conceive of a team having done more without picking up two bids.

Don't worry everybody, Emporia has tons of stupid arguments left. We've just gotten started.

Arguments that may be made sometime soon:

"Counter-interp: We win"

Robocop is the best movie of all time.

The Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to **** with.

Don't worry everybody, Emporia has tons of stupid arguments left. We've just gotten started.

Arguments that may be made sometime soon:

"Counter-interp: We win"

how dare you disclose our A-strats? what kind of a pseudo-coach are you?

*shreds robocop frontline*

this is probably a major reason as to why bryan and alex should not be left to strategize together...

Wrong. Highlander was nominated for "Best movie ever made." Extend our Ricky Bobby in 2005 evidence.

I have to think Winfield has an at-large to the TOC more or less wrapped up at this point. It's hard to conceive of a team having done more without picking up two bids.

Flattered as I am, the at-large process requires that we have a single TOC bid which we do not have.

Our 3-0 loss to Sean and Danny marks our first loss on Nietzsche since we broke the strat at NFL Nationals last year. I can't think of two better people to not only lose this debate to but also to finish my debate career against. These two debaters are amazing and command a respect beyond almost any other team we've debated all year. Bravo good fellows!

THE A SUBPOINT: THE WU TANG CLAN AINT NUTHIN TO F**K WITH

WU-TANG 2K4

THE B SUBPOINT: THE AFFIRMATIVE F**KS WITH THE WU-TANG CLAN

NYQUIST 2K7 (EH WHY NOT)

THE C SUBPOINT: YOU BETTER GOT BEEF CAUSE THEY'LL BRING THE RUCKUS

WU-TANG 2K4

THE D SUBPOINT: RUCKUS = EXTINCTION

GHOSTFACE KILLA 95

Flattered as I am, the at-large process requires that we have a single TOC bid which we do not have.

Our 3-0 loss to Sean and Danny marks our first loss on Nietzsche since we broke the strat at NFL Nationals last year. I can't think of two better people to not only lose this debate to but also to finish my debate career against. These two debaters are amazing and command a respect beyond almost any other team we've debated all year. Bravo good fellows!

anybody who watched the round mind disclosing what happened and what SME won on? PM me if necessary

anybody who watched the round mind disclosing what happened and what SME won on? PM me if necessary

The 1AC was the ontology Women in Combat AFF SME has been reading all year.

The 1NC was Zupancic/Nietzschean Ethics and some shady CLS business on case.

The AFF's response to the K was a no link in which they severed out of their representations, a permutation to do the alt in all other instances as well as some attempted Nietzsche indicts which became unimportant.

The debate functionally became a question of their approach to metaphysics in relation to the question of sacrificial asceticism regarding the self versus the Other. The AFF defended a Heideggerian perspective of being in which they allowed the paradox of identity to present itself to us through questioning. The NEG defended that Heideggarian metaphysics were flawed because they still demand asceticism by achieving a "Freedom to be" through the figure of the Other as a tool of metaphysics. We also went for "Heidegger is presumed in Nietzsche" though it wasn't articulated in a particularly good way by the 2NR.

The 2AR went for the permutation as "an affirmation of the paradox of being" and spun out of the offense of the 2NR's "Perm Links" claims by using Heideggarian notions of being to discredit Zupancic's defense of the Third Option as a return to the moment of the lack (or the forgetting of the 1AC).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1