Sign in to follow this  
Ready2Debate

Miami

Andrew Markoff from Bronx Science (incoming Sophmore, 2A/1N) is planning to attend 5 weeks. And Zack Elias from Bronx (sophmore, 2N/1A) is planning on going to 3 weeks.

im planning on attending the 5week

lol and this time you'll actually be in the senior lab

have fun perbeck

• Downvote 1

lol and this time you'll actually be in the senior lab

have fun perbeck

lol maybe..i was thinking still just drifting from lab to lab

I dont know maybe, i am torn between the classic plus and Miami scholars any suggestions???

miami deff

I dont know maybe, i am torn between the classic plus and Miami scholars any suggestions???

as far as looking to the success of debaters coming out of the camps, i'd have to point to miami.

this year, eli jacobs (7 bids), alex parkinson (3 bids), ovais inamullah (7 bids)--all went to miami scholars

the prior year abe corrigan (TOC finalist), eli jacobs (quarterfinalist), kurt woolford (2 bids)--all went to miami scholars.

also miami graduates that recieved bids this year include Michael Landsman, Pat Elwell, Max Voldman, Eunice Kim, Evan Mullinix, Ivie and Osahon Okundaye

does miami senior scholars focus on kritikal argumentation in addition to policy or is it mainly policy

Miami offers the perfect balance between policy and kritikal arguments. Last year we discussed in great depth each category and some very non traditional stuff. Bill Shanahan of Fort Hays State is coming back and oughta blow your mind. Thanks to that lab i was able to roll with threat con and capitalism quite well.

How many practice round were there in total?

How are partners determined?

What is a typical day like?

Is the focus more on research skill development or argument skill development

The varsity that attended this camp at my school said there A LOT OF RESEARCHING and Practice rounds

I am attending this camp too and I just notice something your another Chicago Debater

i'm a lil stuck between the miami 3-week and unt scholars. i know the miami scholars program is really good, but i'm wondering, does any1 know how the 3-week camp at miami compares to unt scholars?

thanks

anyone that has been to miami before

how lax are they on rules?

how much free time do you get?

is oxford actually interesting?

also do scholars/3 wk have a tournament together or get to interact at all?

anyone that has been to miami before

how lax are they on rules?

how much free time do you get?

is oxford actually interesting?

also do scholars/3 wk have a tournament together or get to interact at all?

i dont know what you mean on how lax are the rules....you cant do anything illegal just like any camp. Other than that the rules are pretty much panoptic.

There is lots of free time; we have an hour ever night before we have to be in the dorms. and you have to be on you floor by midnight and in your room by 1. every so often we will get the night off after putting out files etc. there are activities to do on the fourth of July and more i cant remember off the top of my head.

Oxford- Uptown- is pretty tight there is a movie theater that we all went and saw Parrots of the Caribbean 2. There are great restaurants, a cold stone, and a like hippy shop...they don’t let you in the bong section but you can buy in scents.

i got into miami scholars 5-week, i was wondering if perbeck or thise needed someone to travel with. I was also wondering how many crates to bring

i got into miami scholars 5-week, i was wondering if perbeck or thise needed someone to travel with. I was also wondering how many crates to bring

probably only one crate will do, but i guess it all depends on how you organize your files. IE if you are gonna use one expando for a DA then you will need more crates and expandos etc.

I'm gonna be in Junior Scholars, usually 2a/1n.

And as for Oxford...gonna have to disagree with you Perbeck, I don't think it's exactly "tight"...it's actually a pretty boring place. The movie theater is basically the only place for entertainment in the town, but they do have some good food and regular chains and stuff. And anyway the camps amazing, lab leaders are really cool, and people are fun.

--Sarah

lol thats fine Sarah, everyone has the right to their own opinion. naw oxford isnt the best college town but i liked it and i had fun. idk if you would agree with me here, but what made miami fun was the experience with our lab leaders and with the people we became friends with. a lot of the fun had there was because of friends.

i look forward to camp agian with you this year!

idk if you would agree with me here, but what made miami fun was the experience with our lab leaders and with the people we became friends with. a lot of the fun had there was because of friends.

i look forward to camp agian with you this year!

hells yea to all that

• Downvote 1