sexxxchic3

woman in combat, Help!!!!!!!!

You could always go for the whole undermines feminism argument (military perpetuates patriarchy and absorbs women into this oppressive system, makes them act like men instead, etc.)

go for topicality(this case is most weak to T), if it claims militarism/femminism advatages I wouldnt go for adventurism/militarism stuff bc they will most likely turn this really easily, the it undermines femminism argument can be a good strat........

---Topicality Increase (it just doesn't create an increase)

+

---End Stength PIC, w/ Adventurism + turns on any militarism type advantage

---you can also go with "feminist plastic surgery"... its an argument from a baudrillard file that I ran a few times this year. I found it pretty effective.

email me if you're interested in the file: northviewdebate@gmail.com

You could always go for the whole undermines feminism argument (military perpetuates patriarchy and absorbs women into this oppressive system, makes them act like men instead, etc.)

Yeah just like that whole working outside the home and voting thing.

I should certainly hope so, but it doesn't seem that way. Generally, when somebody is talking about a well-backed argument that comes from a particular author they mention that author.

That said, I think there's some debate to be had about Baudrillard's position. Not necessarily that it's wrong, just that disallowing a woman from doing something that masculizes her (or lets her express a degree of masculinity she already possesses) is more patriarchal than that masculization/expression itself.

And please, call me Will.

go for CMR DA. Its wat i would use.. well that and politics with a Consult CP... yeh thats all we have. And besides, this and DADT is all CMR actually links to anyway

Throw in some T, perhaps an increase T because of the tradoff that occurs wiht men and women, so no net increase,

Subs/cooks pic is pretty good, with that spending nb

dont run the pic with military d/a

Militarism links pretty well

Throw on some tokenism turns on the solvency flow and you should be good

Also look into some empirically denined arguments, i know canada tried this and it failed

Always run T. If they claim feminism adv then run same sex marriage cp. cmr d/a or tix.

I'm sorry but I don't think that could be used as a legitimate argument. So you're saying that women have to hold a gun in order to be treated equally? In other words, you're saying that for woman to be equal to men, they need to be ABLE to act like men. Does that not kill individuality? It also doesn't solve for equality of women, because things like rape which are one of the advantages, will not be solved, because it does not make sense one would cease his desire for sexual pleasure because his target is able to serve in the military.

I think that WIC would be pretty much the only time you should even think about using a K of T using some femminist authors.

what about something like "they reinforce the patriarchal mindset they claim to reject by claiming that women need to 'be equal to men' in the military. why can't men 'be equal to women'? They usually frame the case where they are essentially giving women more rights to be equal to men. which just exacerbates the patriarchy. i know its kinda iffy, but it might work.

well first off you could also make the argument that this perpetuates violence against women. by putting them into combat you are basically telling men all over the world that it is not legit to hurt and kill women.

also just look at the case. i know stocks arent usually run, but in this case they are sometimes the best. 1. women are already in combat, ask them to point out the front lines in iraq etc.

and look at plan, most likely they will be repealing 10 USC 6015 which allows women on navy and marine combat vessels. most of them then claim readiness adv. for iraq. plan doesnt solve this boats do not = boots

well first off you could also make the argument that this perpetuates violence against women. by putting them into combat you are basically telling men all over the world that it is not legit to hurt and kill women.

I dislike this case a lot, but I think you're incorrect. It sends a signal to the enemy that they can kill our women combatants, not that anyone anywhere can beat up women.

i've been studing Woman in Combat for a while now. But i still dont know how to answer this case. Can someone help me?

I'm not saying that this is my personal opinion, but you could say that women in the military do not protect the nation's interests as well as men.

Exclude subs

T-Mandate (also read WIC decreases numbers of men and won't substantially increase) but wait till the block so you can get offense on how they dont meet their counter-interp and the 1ar will be effectively screwed.

the exclude subs doesnt work unless its a policy aff, any WIC aff that claims Fem IR won't link to the exclud subs PIC but these affs link really hard to the adultry CP. T-mandate is a good strat, also F/X T.

How about the Womyn PIC? It sounds so dumb, but if they have "women" in the plan text, there's the CP and NB right there. I'm not a huge fan of gendered language K, but if you run WIC and then spell women that way, there's not much you can do to get out of it.