JCampfield

Marquette

i am not going to complain about the judging. but i do believe that the "NDT panel " in reg should have been in Champ and the Champ panel should have been in Reg LD except the flow i had in Finals( he told me i reminded him of (Calderwood,lol) and by no means think that i am complaining about how the tourney was ran because it was one of the better tournaments i have been to in a while.

• Downvote 1

Hahahaha, that's the first and last time anyone is going to confuse me for an NDT anything. We had to judge reg finals because we were dirty for champ finals. We judged sems, after all.

I think he might have been talking about the LD panels. I dunno. It was kinda hard to follow his train of thought.

oh and by the way all of Policy Finals had flows not lays.

Finals Panel at Fort:

Champ

Vivienne Creamer (enough said, but she debated for Oak Park and i believe debates for Truman State... i think)

Bobby French ( debates for UMKC and former debater for Truman)

Danielle Bender(debated under Doug Miller at Winnetonka, Knows her crap)

Reg:

Myself

Drew Scott ( debated for a couple years at Fort and keeps a nice flow)

Doug Miller ( 4 time qualifier in extemp placed at nats in extemp has flowed many Nat rounds, and asst debate coach at fort, was coach at Winnetonka) keeps an AMAZING flow

oh and by the way all of Policy Finals had flows not lays.

Finals Panel at Fort:

Champ

Vivienne Creamer (enough said, but she debated for Oak Park and i believe debates for Truman State... i think)

Bobby French ( debates for UMKC and former debater for Truman)

Danielle Bender(debated under Doug Miller at Winnetonka, Knows her crap)

Reg:

Myself

Drew Scott ( debated for a couple years at Fort and keeps a nice flow)

Doug Miller ( 4 time qualifier in extemp placed at nats in extemp has flowed many Nat rounds, and asst debate coach at fort, was coach at Winnetonka) keeps an AMAZING flow

Is this even close to related to anything we were just talking about? Did anyone ever contest that the finals panels at Fort Osage didn't have flows? I'm very confused. Is there any point to this post? Is there any point to me writing this response? Who knows? Not me, that's for sure.

I think he might have been talking about the LD panels. I dunno. It was kinda hard to follow his train of thought.

that was confusing i should have read it before posting it...

i should break it down

Lauren Oxley told me that her panel was NDT debaters in finals of reg

i was stating that panel should have been placed in Champ not realizing any were "dirty"

then taking the panel from Champ and placing them in reg finals( except the flow that i picked up, jk) and placing them in reg

dude sharon and i once rigged a pairings to give our friends good judges. Im sure it happens.

Bottom line: Central probably deserved to win the like they deserve to win every single weekend. Nabihah is awesome and should to talk to me more.

Kevin Calderwood should take a chill pill. He actually a pretty nice guy.

I would have been pissed to if someone as badass as nick dudley was sitting around while there were 3 lays in the round.

When is NFL Districts?

this is why it was posted, just defense of our tourney

Ah, my bad, didn't notice that. My reading abilities kinda go down after 11ish.

that was confusing i should have read it before posting it...

i should break it down

Lauren Oxley told me that her panel was NDT debaters in finals of reg

i was stating that panel should have been placed in Champ not realizing any were "dirty"

then taking the panel from Champ and placing them in reg finals( except the flow that i picked up, jk) and placing them in reg

Parli and NFA LD debaters. Not NDT debaters, though we all appreciate the, I guess, compliment. And yeah, all fully dirty.

Parli and NFA LD debaters. Not NDT debaters, though we all appreciate the, I guess, compliment. And yeah, all fully dirty.

Hmm, that's kinda odd, because they gave us a dirty judge for our quarters round anyway.

you by chance didnt judge a fat red headed guy in quarters of reg LD did u?

just a question.

JChen- thats cool i am glad that someone catches what i say...lol

Overall a great tourney. great job to Ethan from Oak Park who beat me in Finals of reg. LD, dont know how i got in reg LD not to mention Ld, but oh well.

That was a really moronic comment.

if someone wants proof that the judging didn't quite work out- just look at galster/partner's road to the finals

against maier/schiel in quarters - 2 lays and Mark Grogan (of course 3-0)

against litvin/cohen in semis- 3 lays (i belive it was a 2-1)

against tomik/adler in finals 2 lays and Velker (2-1, and of course north picked up the flow)

it really hurt my soul to watch that happen over the span of 4 and a half hours

to clarify:

Zach you were in quarters and you know that we had one experienced policy judge, one lay, and grogan. Then in sims we had a coach, Mitch, and Mr. Calderwood. The fact that Collin and I could win college judges in pre-lims and flow and lay judges in out rounds just proves that we can adapt to judge styles.

• Downvote 5

because its true, you dumbshit. id much rather had nick dudley than someone like vivanne creamer.

to clarify:

Zach you were in quarters and you know that we had one experienced policy judge, one lay, and grogan. Then in sims we had a coach, Mitch, and Mr. Calderwood. The fact that Collin and I could win college judges in pre-lims and flow and lay judges in out rounds just proves that we can adapt to judge styles.

shameless plug for pattonville's flowing ability!

Belton-

1) Viv no longer debates for Kevin Minch at Truman

2) It's Evan, not Ethan

3) No one should contend that Fort O wasn't a good tournament judging wise (not that I believe anyone has truly questioned its validity) but that maybe the whole dirty judging thing is a touchy issue...

I personally could care less as long as they're qualified

Dudley sat out because the teams and/or coaches complained. We did the best we could to keep good flows in, but if they didn't want Dudley in the round... we won't put him in.

Oh, and it's easy to understand the mixup about some of you being NDT debaters. Belton heard it from Lauren Oxley... enough said.

shameless plug for pattonville's flowing ability!

People give Pattonville a lot of shit, but Jen and Collin were the only team I saw all weekend doing comparative impact analysis and making distinctions between offense and defense. Plus they, uh, won the damn tournament. Hate their coach if you want, but those two were pretty damn good when I saw them.

• Downvote 1

People give Pattonville a lot of shit, but Jen and Collin were the only team I saw all weekend doing comparative impact analysis and making distinctions between offense and defense. Plus they, uh, won the damn tournament. Hate their coach if you want, but those two were pretty damn good when I saw them.

who needs defense or impacts?

procedurals ftw.

For all the advertising Marquette does for its experienced judging, it really fails to deliver where it counts.

This makes at least two years in a row where finals (and half of sems rounds this year) absolutely sucked.

Last year: Some mom and dad who have never seen policy, ignored the round to feed their kid juice, and collaborated before turning in the ballots.

This year: Matt Velker (greaaaaaaaaaaat) and a couple of lays.

I really think there should be some strategy developed to have your outround panels not blow.

In champ Ld, we had a kid get 3 lay judges in prelims. Noice.

Clearly, the only judging at this tournament worth its entry fee is in radio.

you debate in missouri: learn to adapt