Mr.Military

Funniest Judge Comments

To the 1A: You spent all but :45 seconds on the CP in the 1AR, you needed to move on to the K after 3 minutes at least, because the negative could go for one or the other, they arent dependent on each other.

To the 2N: All the 2NR needed to do was spend 30 seconds on the CP, I would have voted for it.

Last year on the civil liberties topic:

"Neg wins because aff did not prove they established a policy increasing support for UN PKOs."

:(

LOL gg

We were neg in these:

"The aff wins their discourse Ks even though they dropped the impact turns because neg concedes discourse shapes reality, and they said their impacts first."

"The turn on the foucault K comes before T because tehy dropped your analysis on why T comes first." (what?!)

(this is from one quarters round)

"T doesn't prevent the plan from passing, so I have to vote aff"

"Yeah, same thing for me...I mean...you conceded the plan was a good idea"

(from Hank Altmiller) "Um...i voted neg because the aff dropped the standards on T, and point 2-4 on each arg from the block in the 1AR. This is probably because i flowed... *glares at other judges*"

"I vote aff - the neg dropped inherency, significance, and harms in the 1NC. I know that they conceded no solvency and that they were untopical...but I didn't like the K and 3 stock issues > 2." (This was at state with a judge who preffered K's...)

Aff rounds:

"I hate your aff, and I hate you for running it. But you still win jerk face"

"If you dont defend plan passage, then they negs K doesnt matter, i vote aff"

"You're theory was shit, but heg is pretty damn good anyway" (we won, UIL)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

we had this one judge who after one of our rounds (we ran DADT as aff) he told us: "I hate your plan, but it won again"

It was really weird because I did not know whether or not to thank him for that.

we had this one judge who after one of our rounds (we ran DADT as aff) he told us: "I hate your plan, but it won again"

It was really weird because I did not know whether or not to thank him for that.

its cuz dadt wont die, and everyone besides dadt hacks hate it.

During the 2NR down time i asked the 2, "so what are you going for" and being that we were good friends with the other team, i decided to keep asking untill his down time was over (it wasnt too bad, i just wanted to annoy the 2nr). one judge said on the ballot, "next time he asks you, "what are you going for" say "your mom, after im done with your grandma." it was a 2-1 for them, though the neg dropped some theory on the cp, so we should have won, o well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One of our rounds this year. We went for ASPEC. Judge stands up and goes "well this is fucking stupid, but you're not answering that there's no such thing as the USFG as an actor so I begrudgingly vote neg."

Sounds strangely familiar to a round I had, I was AFF though. Only difference was that they didn't make their decision until well after the round was over and everyone had already left.

Sounds strangely familiar to a round I had, I was AFF though. Only difference was that they didn't make their decision until well after the round was over and everyone had already left.

one of the other people on our teams judge said, fuck you, you made me vote on aspec

its cuz dadt wont die, and everyone besides dadt hacks hate it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I never ran DADTand I LOVE it...there's so much Neg evidence on it, and there's so many holes in most of the cases.

But yeah, I'm liking these judge comments...keep goin' on those

• Upvote 1

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I never ran DADTand I LOVE it...there's so much Neg evidence on it, and there's so many holes in most of the cases.

That is exactly what the Hawken team that we faced first round at bigs thought when I disclosed, then they were just horrified when I turned all seven DAs and hit the I, H and S flows as well as T all in the 1AR. Good times.

That reminds me, that team ran two different trade-off DAs as well as spending and when road mapping my 1AR the judge had to spend a few minutes to decipher which trade-off DA I was refering to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ok, this one's from a round at the state tourney, when the other team was aff running citizen corps, we were neg. this was the RFD...

"I vote neg because the aff dropped everything. the aff dropped politics, spending, T, case, everything. but i decided to vote on T in the end cuz it was easiest. aff, you guys get 25's cuz you debated bad, neg, you guys get 29's cuz you weren't stupid enuff to lose to this team"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"I'm disappointed you only focused on only the Peace Corps, the resolution has more affirmatives. Focus on them too!"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

sometimes i write funny things on ballots hoping the things i write end up on this thread.

they never do. :(

• Upvote 2

A colleague of mine ran a prostitution case for this year's topic (draft prostitutes into the army to "relieve" our boyz, if'n ya know what I'm sayin), and the (female) judge pretty much summed it up at the end. She said, "This case didn't offend me as a girl...but it offended me more as a human being." HA!