Mr.Military

Funniest Judge Comments

Not a comment, but I think the best thing I've ever seen is Pirate!Steven judging a practice round at the DDC. And then I discovered I could put on a top hat and monocle and a mustache and be fancy, and it made my life a lot better because I was suddenly fancy.

• Upvote 2

Not a comment, but I think the best thing I've ever seen is Pirate!Steven judging a practice round at the DDC. And then I discovered I could put on a top hat and monocle and a mustache and be fancy, and it made my life a lot better because I was suddenly fancy.

Awwww, shucks!

• Upvote 1

Judge before round- I'm tab ras. i really like K's

After round- i voted aft because i only vote on real world arguments.

Well that's dumb. He should have voted fore.

• Upvote 6

I was debate Kid you was partly deaf so i was speaking pretty loud. Afterward the kid decided to tell me speaking loud doesnt help a point!? The judge on the ballot afterward wrote "Just because hes deaf doesnt mean you dont have to be a dick about it"

I was debate Kid you was partly deaf so i was speaking pretty loud. Afterward the kid decided to tell me speaking loud doesnt help a point!? The judge on the ballot afterward wrote "Just because hes deaf doesnt mean you dont have to be a dick about it"

That isn't English.

• Upvote 7

The first sentence sounds like a Craigslist m4w ad.

• Upvote 5

I was neg. We were winning every flow coming out of the 1ar. My partner and I couldn't agree on what to go for, so we flipped a coin. Our opponents look at us and say- "Did you guys just flip a coin to decide what to go for? That's so badass!" Judge looks at them and says- "nothing in debate is badass, it's either bad or ass. There is no combination of those words."

• Upvote 2

I was neg. We were winning every flow coming out of the 1ar. My partner and I couldn't agree on what to go for, so we flipped a coin. Our opponents look at us and say- "Did you guys just flip a coin to decide what to go for? That's so badass!" Judge looks at them and says- "nothing in debate is badass, it's either bad or ass. There is no combination of those words."

I was hoping that this would involve a Nietzsche K with the Deleuze alternative.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

On an info ballot from forensics, the judge wrote nothing other than "He showed up." on the good comments section...

Female judge during a debate when the Feminism K was involved: "There's a problem with 4 white dudes standing up arguing about women's rights."

"I flowed the theory debate as 'bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine' because that's all you were doing."

Other team ran a Cap K, told the judge that if he votes for them he can help start the revolution: "The problem with bringing the debate into this room is that now you're trying to get me to join the revolution by reading cards off of your sweat-shop, suicide factory iMac."

To my partner: "Your 2NR...I hated it." (first comment he made)

Judge to a girl after the round: "You speak way too loudly. You need to calm down."

Chatting with my coach and the same judge at another tournament: "What I actually wanted to tell her is that listening to you talk makes me want to shoot myself."

"You're not a very good line-by-line debater...well, I mean you're not very technically proficient. You just kind of throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks."

Edited by MrMarantz
  • Upvote 1

A novice round that I judged: "I felt like I had a stroke and blacked out for the first four speeches."

1AC was answers to federalism with no plan text.

1NC was states counterplan bad.

2AC states CP bad

Block was federalism DA and states counterplan bad

The rebuttals were about 15 seconds long each consisting of people complaining that the states can't do anything.

• Upvote 9

At the last tournament we were at, a judge voted down one of our novice teams and wrote on the ballot that they weren't allowed to read new evidence in the 2AC (yes, not a typo, 2AC).

• Upvote 1

Alright, so I run HSR advantage, and one of the teams in my area always run's this Blackout/Power grid da (the power grid will crash if hsr operates) and after a round we won the judge said "I didn't really buy the whole disad, the way the neg told it, it sounds like just one toaster is one toaster too far."

Another time we had a judge named Jackson who was amazing. He rolls into the room on a scooter first off, Throughout the entire debate he's just sitting there about to piss himself laughing so hard. After the debate ends he takes about half an hour to write his rfd, he then calls me over and slaps a smiley face sticker on my head for getting top speaks in the round, and gave us a card with puppies on it apologizing for our loss. He then goes on for another 10 minutes before his real rfd on how this debate doesnt matter because nobody's going to remember it nor remember us in 100 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"I'm not gonna tell you I have a dead hooker in my trunk, but I'm not gonna tell you I don't"

-Nathan Tribble at Meadows 2012

• Upvote 3