NoviceKing

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Chicago Bears
    • Indianapolis Colts

In my opinion it'll depend on which Rex Grossman shows up to play, if he can run the offense smoothly, while the Bear's defense shuts down either Manning, or the running game, Bears will win.

In my opinion it'll depend on which Rex Grossman shows up to play, if he can run the offense smoothly, while the Bear's defense shuts down either Manning, or the running game, Bears will win.

so if continues playing like he's playing right now?

colts have too much offense. peyton manning is clutch. it will probably be a low scoring game but still i think the colts will pull it out.

Granted, I'm a Bears fan, but I've got to go with my team.

I think the game hinges more on whether the defense plays well than whether Grossman does. Grossman was terrible for the majority of the Saints game, but the Bears still won in a blowout because their defense (particularly the front four) was near-perfect. Since Tommie Harris' injury, the defense has gone from great to slightly above average. Obviously, it needs to show up against Peyton Manning or this won't be much of a game.

That said, I think the Bears' greatest advantage in this game is special teams. The Bears have a historically good special teams unit with Gould, Hester, and kickass coverage teams, wheras the Colts' coverage teams are among the worst in the NFL. The Patriots' kick returner ran wild last week. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears started more than a few drives on the Colts' side of the field. If the Bears can control field position and force Peyton Manning to put together long drives to score, I see no reason why they shouldn't have a legitimate chance of winning this game.

Of course, Vegas seems to disagree.