NoviceKing

Worst Theory or K you have been hit with

at one tournament i got hit by two teams from the same school who both decided to run a DA that looked something like this,

U. Bush is at war w/ crunchy snacks

L. If you pass plan bush will forget about his war w/ crunchy snacks

I. If bush dosnt win the war w/ crunchy snacks there will be Nuclear war

and i am embarressed to admit that i lost to the second team who ran this because i was so busy making fun of this da in the 2ar that i didnt notice my flow sitting there unextended for their "butterfly effect" DA (also extremely weak), and therefore the judge had to vote on it because i didnt say "extend our no link arg"... sigh

• Upvote 3

WORST K ever run against me was a Biopower K that the opposing team didn't understand. Luckally I was 2A, as Foucault is some of my favorite bedtime reading :) We kicked ass, but for the love of god, if you dont understand a Kritik or why the aff violates it just don't run it.

The funniest worst ever was a Spark Nuclear War CP that referred to Nuclear weapons as nukes, while they were running a K on the word Nuke.... oops.

This isn't necessarily a bad strat, but the way it was done was humorous

they ran a CP that was a more topical version of our aff, and then the idea was it would put us in a double bind, either 1. We weren't T, or 2. CP solved all of case. But they said: The net benefit it topicality

we ended up going for topical CPs bad - one time where it applied

At camp, we were aff, team gets up reads a PIC out of one country CP. Partner gets up in 2AC and runs international fiat bad, on a CP that has the U.S. do everything. 2NC gets up and rather than just saying we use the U.S. no international fiat, runs int. fiat good.

Guest svfrey
That post might have been even funnier if it had punctuation.

Anyhow, on that subject, I got hit with "sloppy grammar-->totalitarianism" on a T flow once. Awful card, but funny.

hmmm

This from Mr. "I read this card at Georgetown" himself...

Well, yeah, we got it with it, I found it mildly amusing, so I ran it.

I have to admit it was a wicked funny round. I remember the 2ac tried to a. clarify that the plan involved a referendum on all people in the US and b. argue that solvency occurred right after the plan was passed and it did not take any non-topical steps before increasing the number of people in the peace corps.

theory is not a voter theory

thats not weird at all. the idea behind theory is "theyre cp is bad for education, vote them down"

you're basically saying, "ok, but don't vote on it"

theory isn't always a voter, one example would be the "theory is not a voter"

Guest svfrey
I have to admit it was a wicked funny round. I remember the 2ac tried to a. clarify that the plan involved a referendum on all people in the US and b. argue that solvency occurred right after the plan was passed and it did not take any non-topical steps before increasing the number of people in the peace corps.

oh god

i can't believe blacksburg tried to pull that...

i remember the judge actually said after the round that they werent T

but then proceded to vote them up because they were reasonably T and on the "C/I- only our case is T" argument

ahh, i cried that night after watching kyle lose after going for 11 minutes of T in the block....

oh god

but then proceded to vote them up because they were reasonably T and on the "C/I- only our case is T" argument

ahh, i cried that night after watching kyle lose after going for 11 minutes of T in the block....

Twelve. The only minute I spent on the other flows was conditionality theory, which I think I read the nineteen-point block on.

Anyway, I lost because I dropped the c/i, not because of reasonability. Oh well.

oh god

I think one of the reasons why they won was because they were so bad at arguing that their case involved a referendum :)

(06-07) Answers to Women in Combat with a feminist judge:

1. Judge, I would like to present a topicality on "persons"

and... (I won on this next one)

2. the negative team would like to bring up the issue of "significance"

• Downvote 1

Theres always the Popped collar K where it says that popping your collar is bad and you should lose the round because of it

I wish I could say that's the first time I laughed in reference to Debate.