'Hardest' debate positions

Hardest debate positions  

425 members have voted

1. 1. Hardest debate positions

• 1A
    • 2A
    • 1N
    • 2N

I'm the 2AC, 1AR and 2NR, I think that the 1AR is the hardest.

Wait...as in you've debated both the 2AC and the 1AR before, right? You don't go maverick, do you?

I personally think the 2NR is the hardest. You really need to narrow down the argument, anticipate every answer of the 2AR, and explain in great detail why the judge should vote for you. You also have to be brave and go for the best position.

I'm the 1AR and the 2NR and I think that the 2NR is by far the hardest speech. All the 1AR does is goes line by line grouping, extending, and cross-applying. That's fairly simple really. Most of my 1ARs are pop-up anyways because I can always anticipate the neg block. That's 8 + 3 + 8 + 3 + 5 = 27 minutes of prep time (with maybe about two more if the neg uses some prep). Can't beat that!

Wait...as in you've debated both the 2AC and the 1AR before, right? You don't go maverick, do you?

He's ins.

In my opinion, the 2NR is the hardest speech in debate, followed by the 1AR. Overall, I'd say the 2N is the toughest position.

My partner (the 2n) says the 2ar is the hardest and I (the 2a) say that the the 2nr is the hardest so it kind of works out.
  • Upvote 1

I'm a 2A and certainly 2N is harder. 2NC has a lot to get through without that much prep. 2NR is the hardest speech in the debate bc of having to choose from the block but also predict the 2AR. the 2A knows exactly what the neg's strategy is and thus can deconstruct and beat it while the 2NR has to predict what will happen and try to beat it. 2ARs are also famous for making new args and trying to hide them as new analysis making 2NR especially hard since you can't predict their new analysis on their args.

You are the 2n, stop lying on this website. This is ruining it as a educational space for everyone to enjoy and learn. Hope this helped. 

I'd have to say (although it may seem as just piggybacking on others' arguments) that the 1AR is the toughest position. Got to answer the Neg Block and then extend your advantageous positions, in 5 minutes. Lots of stuff to cover.