Sign in to follow this  
VLORD

DADT Advantages

The argument that Mazur is making still very much applies. I've never seen a good piece of evidence saying lesbian baiting does occur even relatively frequently.

I meant on the post-dating bit. But it's hard to argue against lesbian baiting even if you prove it doesn't happen all that often.

No, it is not. So what if a few women get "oppressed" by men? I think that the threat of nuclear war, for once, outweighs.

and then you pull out that lesbo baiting is dehum(thank you berube) and dehum outweighs nuke war...as previously stated in the case

it's called pre-emption

or you could pull the b.p. adv out and say that b.p. justifies nuke war (thank you michel) and beat over the head with that whole rhetoric

have fun with that whole consequentialism thing

Or maybe Berube doesn't know what he's talking about and you don't know what Foucault is talking about.

Maybe.

or you could pull the b.p. adv out

That's right. Decreasing biopolitics is an advantage to the affirmative plan.

That's right. Decreasing biopolitics is an advantage to the affirmative plan.

that's right

it is

when women are subjected to rape and sexual assault the impetous for self-surveillance is set. Self-surveillance of course is a form of bio-politics because when one is paranoid about the threat of being raped by a high ranking official the independent form of biopower occurs, otherwise known as b.p. of the self

when you solve for lesbo baiting you then solve for the self-surveillance of the feminine body.

and if anyone wants to indite berube all u have to do is look at the very first word of his card. "it" there no reference to whatever the tag is talking about at all within the card thus making it an petro the two most used and skewed cards on the circuit

anything else i can help you understand?

and you should figure out that if i know how to correctly spell his first name, that i should know what he's talking about

that's right

it is

when women are subjected to rape and sexual assault the impetous for self-surveillance is set. Self-surveillance of course is a form of bio-politics because when one is paranoid about the threat of being raped by a high ranking official the independent form of biopower occurs, otherwise known as b.p. of the self

when you solve for lesbo baiting you then solve for the self-surveillance of the feminine body.

Solving an instance of self-surveillance doesn't solve the terminal impact of war/etc, because most of the population (including women, actually) are still docile bodies/whatever.

and if anyone wants to indite berube all u have to do is look at the very first word of his card. "it" there no reference to whatever the tag is talking about at all within the card thus making it an petro the two most used and skewed cards on the circuit

anything else i can help you understand?

and you should figure out that if i know how to correctly spell his first name, that i should know what he's talking about

hahahahahahahahahaha. that post was kinda awesome. I hope to god you weren't being serious, but I'm assuming you're not.

The self-surveillance of like 10 feminine bodies? Huge impact.

assistant debate coach...But he was a professor, and he was quoting M&M (which is a not as well warranted, but judges tend to sigh when you say berube...)

Anyway...I ran DADT all year and found the most effective way to run it was the following

INH: Gates and some other T preempt

ADV 1: Hege with 2 link scen: SP and Readiness (I/Ls to readiness are money, people, and morale).

ADV 2: Homophobia. But sneak in a LB baiting scenario (Miller and NYT, nice and short). Or you can make LB Adv. 3

SOLVENCY: Load up on the increase troops stuff for FX args, add some social change, stick in Gen. Shalikashvili's great op-ed to get rid of some on case stuff, some solvency for LB (that is where the advantage is weakest).

Also, other useful stuff is a link wall for politics and some good T answers. DADT is topical, but barely, and only if argued well.

And know that more often than not, the best way to beat DADT is to CP. DAs + Case simply do not work that well because the aff can probably read an advantage with a better link story to your impact and then proceed to L/T the DA. The problem with case stuff is that its usually old, homophobic, and wrong. Finally, any K makes them debate on your ground with homophobia, and you also can solve for militarism and patriarchy. Most other Ks are to generic and your K advantages can outwiegh. The key to winning with DADT is using add-ons strategically and knowing the CP anbd T threat, and spending extra time on it to avoid getting screwed

The best argument against DADT:

The plan is GAY

Ray 97.

Good one.

in my mind i think the best way 2 run this aff is more or less the way gbn runs it (their hege version) but changed a little like

inh: 1.military is seeing a rediness crisis due to lack of personell

2. dadt is discharging at a very high rate

3. these are key people to rediness

adv 1: heterosexism-1. dadt is the big cause of military homophobia

2. -->societal homophobia

3. worst impact

4. heterosexism hurts readiness

adv 2: terrism 1. dadt gets rid of linguist

2. key 2 wot

3. key to hege

3. loss in the wot causes extinction

adv 3: les bait 1. dadt causes les baiting

2. causes patriarchy

3. extinction

4. key to cohesion

5. key to hege

adv 4: immunosupression

1. dadt causes and hurts hege and spreads disease from military out

2. extinction

adv 5: hege 1. rediness snowballs kills hege

2. BIG khalilzad

3. brooks

4. thayer

solvency 1. no backlash

2. causes an increase in people

3. stops a decrease

4. belkin ur studdies biased card

5. best card ever

Jesus chrsit goes aff

K-Punk, 2-26-2005, “We Aren’t The World,” http://k-punk.abstractdynamics.org/archives/005071.html

(a parenthesis: while I read…of Christ’s uncanniness, his queerness

in my mind i think the best way 2 run this aff is more or less the way gbn runs it (their hege version) but changed a little like

inh: 1.military is seeing a rediness crisis due to lack of personell

2. dadt is discharging at a very high rate

3. these are key people to rediness

adv 1: heterosexism-1. dadt is the big cause of military homophobia

2. -->societal homophobia

3. worst impact

4. heterosexism hurts readiness

adv 2: terrism 1. dadt gets rid of linguist

2. key 2 wot

3. key to hege

3. loss in the wot causes extinction

adv 3: les bait 1. dadt causes les baiting

2. causes patriarchy

3. extinction

4. key to cohesion

5. key to hege

adv 4: immunosupression

1. dadt causes and hurts hege and spreads disease from military out

2. extinction

adv 5: hege 1. rediness snowballs kills hege

2. BIG khalilzad

3. brooks

4. thayer

solvency 1. no backlash

2. causes an increase in people

3. stops a decrease

4. belkin ur studdies biased card

i dont see why you need 3 cards saying you result in an increase in the # of persons serving.

i dont see why you need 3 cards saying you result in an increase in the # of persons serving.

I also don't see why you'd need 5 advantages...seems a little much.

the first is to reverse causal it just gives u inh. on that dadt is still effectively getting rid of ppl

the second actually says u increase

the third says u solve the first card

I also don't see why you'd need 5 advantages...seems a little much.

no it doesnt when ur running DADT with hege ppl will probably adv. cp out of homophobia and either link turn or impact turn hege

if they link turn you already have 5 a2 link turn scenarios

if they impact turn you have 4 exterior impacts

also this aff gets ked alot and so you already have an impact outweighs scenarios out there

nah i defiantly think hege is the way to go with dadt...if u wanna debate it out im up 4 it...but...BOTH hege and homophobia are good against the k...you decide which advantage 2 put more work on in the round based upon their strat...and dude i dont actually advocate running dadt...im all up 4 the mrc...lol

Sign in to follow this