DebateHitman

Americorps Strats

I dont have any good americorps strats

what do u guys run or what have u haerd other people run against americorps affs?

states cp, federalism, politics.

I recommend a cp. It's the best way to do it. Use a cp that uses something that doesn't involve americorps. Claim you solve for all advantages and then run a bunch of americorps flawed stuff.

lopez CP

federalism NB

spending

volunteerism

recruitment tradeoff

T (establish maybe..)

obviously I wouldn't run all of these unless the judge likes perfcon

A good federalism DA helps. I don't thinking spending is very good though. Americorps was something I think you have to go CP on or do recruit tradeoff with something else.

the tradeoff story is sketchy though, how many ppl does americorps divert form the military, and are those people even necessary for hegemony

It's hard to recommend an Americorps strat without a plan text, but I'll giver you a couple scenarios:

If they fund Americorps-

States

Fism

Fiscal Discipline (another NB)

Solvency

(Coercion, if you can get it in)

If they do Service Learning-

LSA CP

Deschooling (mult worlds good :D)

Go specific on the adv

If they do political service:

Exclude Mandatory CP

OR

Exclude LSA/Exclude Americorps CP

LSA bad/Americorps BAD NB

biopolitics

case

I'd run T on all of them too, I like increase- but it's up to you what you run.

Dude, what is the difference between 100% and 200% solvency. If they want the perm to carry weight they MUST show a solvency deficit to the CP or claim that a certain advantage is linear (which is a dumb thing for an aff to do - then it has almost no weight because it lacks a brink).

My point is this argument is often made by debaters without thinking about it. The claim advantages make is that "X is on the brink right now", without plan to save X, X will die. Does it matter whether we perform heart AND brain surgery when heart surgery will suffice...? Especially when the brain surgery carries with it additional risks - as in the NB to the DA...

The AFF MUST prove a CP solvency deficit to weigh any risk of plan impacts. The more of a deficit they win, the greater the probability they can claim the CP won't solve for, and the more they can weigh plan against the DAs.

Also, you have offense against the perm. You have solvency turns on how Americorps is the shitties organization EVER! You SHOULD be making arguments about how the CP solves better due to these solvency turns. Heck, make PMNs against Americorps bureacracy...All defense turns into offense once you have a competitive CP...

bump this shiz.

i am interested in people's more specific strat against americorps. what do you/do other people run against it.

please, don't post if your just gonna say something like:

capitalism K

t-mandatory

coercion

etc.

all of those are generic arguments. i'm looking for only americorps specific arguments. this includes all parts of americorps, nc3, service learning, etc.

You could try:

Volunteerism

Solvency- Americorps has had bad accounting/fiscal issues in the past. (something like that)

And, because the plan most likely will have to spend money, you could link to most generic fiscal or econ DAs.

If I understand it right, basically national service groups like Americorps trade off with/undermine "real" (read: non incentives-based) volunteerism. And this is bad for a variety of reasons.

The argument can be run either as a K or DA.

If I understand it right, basically national service groups like Americorps trade off with/undermine "real" (read: non incentives-based) volunteerism. And this is bad for a variety of reasons.

The argument can be run either as a K or DA.

it's just a shitty non-unique case turn from a libertarian hack

Can someone explain the story if you run extra T on Americorps, I understand the mandatory increase, but not exactly how they are extra topical. Thanks for the help