Whats a file?

Spokane Thread

As far as my memory went, I could only think of one, but I decided to check their website. According to their website, just the one at Northpointe.

actually your wrong

technically they have to card you for ANY tobacco related purchase. so yes, you should be carded trying to buy a hookah

Actually, you're wrong, here's some rules and codes of washington for you.

RCW 70.155.080

Purchasing, possessing by persons under eighteen — Civil infraction — Jurisdiction.

(1) A person under the age of eighteen who purchases or attempts to purchase, possesses, or obtains or attempts to obtain cigarettes or tobacco products commits a class 3 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and is subject to a fine as set out in chapter 7.80 RCW or participation in up to four hours of community restitution, or both. The court may also require participation in a smoking cessation program. This provision does not apply if a person under the age of eighteen, with parental authorization, is participating in a controlled purchase as part of a liquor control board, law enforcement, or local health department activity.

(2) Municipal and district courts within the state have jurisdiction for enforcement of this section.

RCW 82.26.010

Definitions.

The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.

(1) "Tobacco products" means cigars, cheroots, stogies, periques, granulated, plug cut, crimp cut, ready rubbed, and other smoking tobacco, snuff, snuff flour, cavendish, plug and twist tobacco, fine-cut and other chewing tobaccos, shorts, refuse scraps, clippings, cuttings and sweepings of tobacco, and other kinds and forms of tobacco, prepared in such manner as to be suitable for chewing or smoking in a pipe or otherwise, or both for chewing and smoking.

So, as you can see, a hookah is clearly not included in the definition of tobacco products. many shops will ask you for ID if you attempt to buy one, or buy a pipe, or anything else used to smoke tobacco, but you can buy them none the less, whether or not the shop is willing to sell it to you is an entirely different issue.

As far as my memory went, I could only think of one, but I decided to check their website. According to their website, just the one at Northpointe.

I ride my bike over there all the time now that i tried it.

• Downvote 1

obviously that is the case, however I was merely indicating that the people who really want to win debate rounds (Wilson Faust) are at camp already for 4 weeks also I was indicating that some people are already at camp answering Shakleford's question on how peoples summer is going

obviously that is the case, however I was merely indicating that the people who really want to win debate rounds (Wilson Faust) are at camp already for 4 weeks also I was indicating that some people are already at camp answering Shakleford's question on how peoples summer is going

i really like you.

but i dislike how you're

a) excluding other camps

B) not considering financial situations.

please be less stupid in the future.

That and the fact my parents wont let me do the 4-week.

i really like you.

but i dislike how you're

a) excluding other camps

B) not considering financial situations.

please be less stupid in the future.

Dakota I love you but Im gonna have to disagree with you on this

off your first point

1. I dont really know what you mean by this the GDI doesnt in any way exclude other camps from running in fact Gonzaga has always supported smaller debate progams in any way possible

2. This may be true in the sense that we get really sweet faculity actually the best faculity in the country but that doesnt necassary exclude other camps

3. there has never been a problem with kids going to multiple camps its happened many times the likes of Jon Williamson, Ben Picozzi, Anna Scott and the great C. Caleb Jewitt can attest to that

and on your second point

1. This is absolute garbage we give out more scholorships then any other camp in the country inculding finical aid scholorships and merit based scholorships which we're very generious with and alumni discouts which accomadate need based kids.

2. Irellevent Gonzaga is already one of the cheapest camps in the country check out how much it costs to go to UT or SDI or DDI which are fine institutes but it puts the cost of GDI in perspective it is easily the chepest top 5 institute in the country

3. Honestly I probabbly had the largest finacial aid hurdle for anybody to attend the GDI and I was accomadated.

Bassically the GDI rocks

Dakota I love you but Im gonna have to disagree with you on this

off your first point

1. I dont really know what you mean by this the GDI doesnt in any way exclude other camps from running in fact Gonzaga has always supported smaller debate progams in any way possible

2AC 1 - You fundementally misinterpret my argument. My argument is simply that you're excluding camps that havent started yet but still have the potential to be Four Weeks of Longer.

2. This may be true in the sense that we get really sweet faculity actually the best faculity in the country but that doesnt necassary exclude other camps

dog. you're show boating - this isn't an argument.

3. there has never been a problem with kids going to multiple camps its happened many times the likes of Jon Williamson, Ben Picozzi, Anna Scott and the great C. Caleb Jewitt can attest to that

See 2AC 1. And again this will be answered by my 2AC 2 on the second off

on the next DA

2AC -1. This is absolute garbage we give out more scholorships then any other camp in the country inculding finical aid scholorships and merit based scholorships which we're very generious with and alumni discouts which accomadate need based kids.

even if this is true - i got an offer of 600 dollars, that leaves 1400 dollars at best left to go to 4 weeks of camp. not everyone can come up with 1400 dollars, especially people who can't legally work

2. Irellevent Gonzaga is already one of the cheapest camps in the country check out how much it costs to go to UT or SDI or DDI which are fine institutes but it puts the cost of GDI in perspective it is easily the chepest top 5 institute in the country

so? see 2AC 1 on this position.

3. Honestly I probabbly had the largest finacial aid hurdle for anybody to attend the GDI and I was accomadated.

Bassically the GDI rocks

you also live next to the campus it's exponentially cheaper for your camp experience.

off your first argument yeah your right I misrepresent your argument but cross apply th very first sentence. "I dont really know what you mean by this argument" but your only mildly right I do exclude camps that havent started yet but the intent of my first post was to inform Gallen that GDI had already started his post implied that camp i.e. GDI would begin in a week that was wrong. obviously not every camp has started but GDI has

in the countr

and argument number 2 is still wrong

extend my number one we give a ton of need based and merit scholorships you also concide that GDI gives more than any other camp in the country in scholorships this has a couple implications

A. It flat out proves your argument wrong that we do in fact take financial situations into acount

B. proves that we are better then other camps even if you win some camps are cheaper its irrelevent at the point where the GDI gives the largest percentage of total cost in discouts solves the Gonzaga doesnt care about poor kids/were heartlest bastards spin youll make

your only argument is that you only got $600 but that flows my way proves your argument isnt true gonzaga obviously took your situation into acount and

and even if $1400 is alot of money which trust me I admit it is I couldnt afford it but Gonzaga would take that into acount and give me more aid that was a resonable amount of aid acording to GU and since its concided we give more aid then anyone else it proves that pakage was hella resonable

Ectend my number 2 you say its irellevent but thats not true it proves that we have the best bang for the buck meaning even if other camps are cheaper there not as good and that GU is the best camp at the best price and your cross aplications been answerd above and this argument still proves we take fnancial situations int acount because Gonzaga is such a quality camp we could charge more but we dont we make a cost effective camp because Gonzaga tries to accomadate everybody

and extend my number three if I can afford so can most proves again Gonzaga does take financial situations into acount also your right I did commute when I went to camp but you realize that that means I had to pay for my own food and I didnt get free camp either like every one else Im not special and had to pay a fair amount for my financial situation but GU didnt exclude me even when I lived 2 miles away unlike Americas policy with illegal immigrants the point is your argument is incoorect GU does take finacial stituations into acount and they do a good job at it.

Basically the GDI is awsome

and I still love you Dak

also p.s. all the spokane people that dont come to the GDI what the hell all my reasons above are reasons why you can come at least for 2 weeks I dont know why people dont take advantage of the opprutonuty to get better at anactivity that they enjoy so much yet are content with being mediocore

extend my number one we give a ton of need based and merit scholorships you also concide that GDI gives more than any other camp in the country in scholorships this has a couple implications

that's cool. but that doesnt solve any argument at the point where you concede it is still unafffordable.

A. It flat out proves your argument wrong that we do in fact take financial situations into acount

first, i think you're taking this out of context - i was commenting on your discourse, not that of GDI's. This isn't an argument of me versus GDI with you as the representative.

B. proves that we are better then other camps even if you win some camps are cheaper its irrelevent at the point where the GDI gives the largest percentage of total cost in discouts solves the Gonzaga doesnt care about poor kids/were heartlest bastards spin youll make

1. You concede that 1400 dollar amount - this proves your argument is wrong about 'cheaper' arguments are irrelevant. 975 is cheaper and if you reference the camps threads (dialogue between JDUB and Dak) you'll see that it's a better deal.

your only argument is that you only got $600 but that flows my way proves your argument isnt true gonzaga obviously took your situation into acount and

actually that wasn't taking my financial harship into account (as far as I know, I could be wrong). This doesnt flow your way see below.

and even if $1400 is alot of money which trust me I admit it is I couldnt afford it but Gonzaga would take that into acount and give me more aid that was a resonable amount of aid acording to GU and since its concided we give more aid then anyone else it proves that pakage was hella resonable

Even if that package was 'reasonable' it doesnt prove it's DO-able. There is a difference. there is kids at my school 'ranier beach' who can't go to camp because they can't shell out 1400 dollars. plus since they don't have money to travel etc. they're record is significantly worse than mine meaning they would (probably) not get merit based scholarships.

Ectend my number 2 you say its irellevent but thats not true it proves that we have the best bang for the buck meaning even if other camps are cheaper there not as good and that GU is the best camp at the best price and your cross aplications been answerd above and this argument still proves we take fnancial situations int acount because Gonzaga is such a quality camp we could charge more but we dont we make a cost effective camp because Gonzaga tries to accomadate everybody

You basically concede that 'if you can afford it' you should go to GU. I won't refute this - but Not everyone can shell out the money - which you've conceeded. We're not arguing GDI versus other Camps. (GDI might come out on top). We're arguing about you not taking finances into account while making bold statements like 'people that care about winning' are already at camp. ( I guess i don't care about winning now?) Weird, thought I did. A LOT.

and extend my number three if I can afford so can most proves again Gonzaga does take financial situations into acount also your right I did commute when I went to camp but you realize that that means I had to pay for my own food and I didnt get free camp either like every one else Im not special and had to pay a fair amount for my financial situation but GU didnt exclude me even when I lived 2 miles away unlike Americas policy with illegal immigrants the point is your argument is incoorect GU does take finacial stituations into acount and they do a good job at it.

even if they do, extend from above, it may not be enough anyways. This captures all of your defense and straight turns your offense.

...i was commenting on your discourse, not that of GDI's. This isn't an argument of me versus GDI with you as the representative.

qfa

The debate about whether or not GDI is affordable is irrelevant to Dak's original post, which made the argument that Garry's original post:

people who really want to win debate rounds (Wilson Faust) are at camp already for 4 weeks...

a) excludes other camps in the sense that you make the argument that "to win debate rounds" you must attend GDI, which obviously isn't true, even if arguments could be made about GDI's superiority over other camps, and B) doesn't take financial situations into account in the sense that it falsly assumes that every debater gets to choose the camp of their choice, regardless of other factors; even if GDI might be affordable to some.

They say:

...cross apply th very first sentence. "I dont really know what you mean by this argument"...

But this does not provide a justification for Garry's vacuous attempt at a GDI defense (however warranted), in light of actually responding to Dak's original arguments.

Everyone already knows that GDI is a pretty tight camp Garry, the point is your original post linked to two of Dak's disads.

this is retarded

the GDI is a Sweet thing for Spokane kids, take that into context, esp. penci

of course what garry states can be take to a bigger level and proven disadvantageous, but in the context of "what spokane kids should do to get better at debate."

And, Glen is the most financially accomodating person i know, i dont have 1400 to spend either, but im here

also, glen offers lectures to spokane kids for like 100 bucks (just an fyi)

Penci, how can someone trust "it obviously isnt true" to garrys reasons why the GDI is good? and how can something be vacuous if its warranted?

Remember the context of what garry is saying kiddos, every debater in spokane should at least consider going to gonzaga ( another missunderstanding here, garry is motivating lazy spokane debaters not national debaters everywhere) and talking to glen, he looks out for his hometown kids more than you'll ever know

when taking garry out of context of course its going to be fallacious

(note: not speaking for garry here, just defending an opinion about whats goin on)

this is retarded

of course what garry states can be take to a bigger level and proven disadvantageous, but in the context of "what spokane kids should do to get better at debate."

And, Glen is the most financially accomodating person i know, i dont have 1400 to spend either, but im here

Penci, how can someone trust "it obviously isnt true" to garrys reasons why the GDI is good? and how can something be vacuous if its warranted?

Remember the context of what garry is saying kiddos, every debater in spokane should at least consider going to gonzaga ( another missunderstanding here, garry is motivating lazy spokane debaters not national debaters everywhere) and talking to glen, he looks out for his hometown kids more than you'll ever know

when taking garry out of context of course its going to be fallacious

(note: not speaking for garry here, just defending an opinion about whats goin on)

You (fundamentally, actually no you just) miss the boat. It's not a question of whether or not GDI is good, or even the best. Rather, whether or not Debate Camp is even affordable. You link - besides that you link to the exclusion of non-spokanistani's. you're tangent has cost you NUCLEAR WAR and enviromental degradation. Besides you're futurism destroys the value to life.

1) Just because we're in the Spokane thread doesn't mean that everything is automatically interpreted in the context of Spokane. If Garry's original post was meant to have been interpreted as "People who live in Spokane would go to the GDI if they wanted to win debate rounds," then that would have been a different statement, but that's not what his original post said. Both Disads still link.

2) Extend subpoint 1.

3) Garry's original statement still links to the "financial situations" disad, regardless of how affordable GDI is.

4) Especially taking subpoint 2 into account, GDI still isn't necessarily affordable to everyone, even if they are either a) affordable to some, or B) more affordable than some other camps.

Penci, how can someone trust "it obviously isnt true" to garrys reasons why the GDI is good?

5) Garry originally says that people who want to win debate rounds are attending the GDI 4 week camp, which implies that people who attend GDI are inherently more prepared than people who attend other camps. I simply made the statement that GDI doesn't necessarily make you the best debater out there, even if it is a good camp.

and how can something be vacuous if its warranted?

a) Vacuous: emptied of or lacking content.

B) Warrant: to assure (a person) of the truth of what is said.

6) No competition. In the context of this debate, Garry's post is vacuous in the sense that it lacks content that directly answer's Dak's original concerns, while at the same time he warrants many of the arguments he does make.

Remember the context of what garry is saying kiddos, every debater in spokane should at least consider going to gonzaga ( another missunderstanding here, garry is motivating lazy spokane debaters not national debaters everywhere) and talking to glen, he looks out for his hometown kids more than you'll ever know when taking garry out of context of course its going to be fallacious

7) Extend subpoint 1.

Hey kids stop whinning if you wanteded to go to camp for 4 weeks you could but youd have to pay for it the point is Gonzaga can only go so far its not Gonzaga's job to make sure you can its a business but they do give out more aid than any of the other top camps in the nation. All I say is that we make going to camp hella accessable. the point in my orginal post that kids who wanted to win rounds where already at camp was not to chastize you dakota trust me I know how hard you work but it was more to call out kids who half ass it and complane instead of actually working to win. I dont exclude other camps they deffinitly are good camps out there and if you cant afford to go to a larger camp go to a smaller one my point is work as hard as you can its the only way to get ahead I dont think Spokane or even the PNW is going to be better untill more debaters realize that. This is not an activity where you can just have fun you have to work exceptionally hard, and I know people like Dakota do that but not enough people do so stop complaining and start working.

and Dakota man your fucking wrong in your characterizatoin of GDI not giving finacial aid it gives a ton and I truly belives we take into acount peoples financial situation so any one can go, and for people say they cant have you ever worked at Wendy's 40 hours a week to pay for camp?

o and dakota to prempt the you cant legallly work contention I understand its hard but the world doesnt adapt to your struggles its the other way around, and if you wanteded the money you could find it. However, I agree with you going to a diffrent cheaper camp makes more sense then fininding a way to pay.

Spokies stop sucking

How about yall stop bitching about unimportant shit?

...who only goes to camp for 4 weeks anyway?

Hey kids stop whinning if you wanteded to go to camp for 4 weeks you could but youd have to pay for it the point is Gonzaga can only go so far its not Gonzaga's job to make sure you can its a business but they do give out more aid than any of the other top camps in the nation. All I say is that we make going to camp hella accessable. the point in my orginal post that kids who wanted to win rounds where already at camp was not to chastize you dakota trust me I know how hard you work but it was more to call out kids who half ass it and complane instead of actually working to win. I dont exclude other camps they deffinitly are good camps out there and if you cant afford to go to a larger camp go to a smaller one my point is work as hard as you can its the only way to get ahead I dont think Spokane or even the PNW is going to be better untill more debaters realize that. This is not an activity where you can just have fun you have to work exceptionally hard, and I know people like Dakota do that but not enough people do so stop complaining and start working.

moving target

Hey kids stop whinning if you wanteded to go to camp for 4 weeks you could but youd have to pay for it

extend that this is bull shit - you can't always find a way.

the point is Gonzaga can only go so far its not Gonzaga's job to make sure you can its a business but they do give out more aid than any of the other top camps in the nation. All I say is that we make going to camp hella accessable.

Again - you're trying to make this about ZAG versus other camps to make GDI look good. The GDI is a great camp (from experience) and anyone that can afford 4 weeks of camp should go.

the point in my orginal post that kids who wanted to win rounds where already at camp was not to chastize you dakota trust me I know how hard you work but it was more to call out kids who half ass it and complane instead of actually working to win.

how does talking about going to camp accomplish this?

Working can be done independent of camp. This solves your complaint better then you're belittling of other debaters

I dont exclude other camps they deffinitly are good camps out there and if you cant afford to go to a larger camp go to a smaller one my point is work as hard as you can its the only way to get ahead I dont think Spokane or even the PNW is going to be better untill more debaters realize that. This is not an activity where you can just have fun you have to work exceptionally hard, and I know people like Dakota do that but not enough people do so stop complaining and start working.

This maybe more effective then what you did before. But still doesnt solve the problem you've isolated.

and Dakota man your fucking wrong in your characterizatoin of GDI not giving finacial aid it gives a ton and I truly belives we take into acount peoples financial situation so any one can go, and for people say they cant have you ever worked at Wendy's 40 hours a week to pay for camp?

too late homie. You've conceeded that 1400 dollars could still be unaffordable. You're stlil missing the boat. I'm conceeding that the GDI is taking finances into account. It's still next to impossible to raise that money.

o and dakota to prempt the you cant legallly work contention I understand its hard but the world doesnt adapt to your struggles its the other way around, and if you wanteded the money you could find it. However, I agree with you going to a diffrent cheaper camp makes more sense then fininding a way to pay.

The world doesn't adapt to my struggles - My struggles have to adapt to the world?

This argument doesnt make sense. The world shouldnt adapt to my struggle against racism/imperialism/classism/heterosexism? Everyone should continue to be heterosexist etc.?

Additionally, Last year i tried really freaking hard to go to camp. I won't whine about it but you never asked how i got to camp last year. Talk about scrubbing down entire night clubs until 4 in the morning. Dog. My struggle may not replicate yours but some threads match up.

Spokies stop sucking

you're not helping or motivating, why don't you do something to help them out? Why are you not holding a affordable debate camp (or a co-op) GDi has the resources to help you. You're chastising of the Spokane population doesnt help anyone byt you (in the sense that you feel better about yourself)

Dog.

I don't know what you're thinking. My point here isn't to point out how unfair Gonzaga is or whatever you're spinning this to be. I'm sure Gonzaga tries really hard.

You still miss the boat - CAMP IS REALLY EXPENSIVE! It's tough to make that kind of money - regardless. Even if you DO work at Wendy's 40 hours a week (which you can't do in the state of washington legally without the proper paper that most schools WONT and SHOULDNT sign) You're not taking into account where that money has to go. For example, there is people at my school that work 40 hours a week and go to school. They HAVE to feed their families and pay their rent with that money or they starve and become homeless. This extends to people on the debate team at Ranier Beach, no one but me is attending camp and I can barely do it. and I mean barely. I'm on the verge of working two jobs. The point is, not everyone can afford camp - stop excluding poor people.