Whats a file?

Spokane Thread

Since Whenever Rusty, Micah or myself seem to post we tend to "hijack the thread" (this is true) so here's a dedicated thread to silly spokanistan...dedicated to the cause of staying out of the pacific forum's hair

Rusty, I Don't think you can count the whitman points

Since Whenever Rusty, Micah or myself seem to post we tend to "hijack the thread" (this is true) so here's a dedicated thread to silly spokanistan...dedicated to the cause of staying out of the pacific forum's hair

Rusty, I Don't think you can count the whitman points

uhh well whether or not they get counted is not my decision. besides, i don't think they will end up being counted anyway because we have done better in other tourneys...(i'd have to check my calculations but i'm too lazy right now)...also, i think the fact that Micah still went Open at Whitman like Ben and I means I don't think you'd complain if they broke. And the fact that Micah and Melissa also went to Mt.Vernon (in open) and won a tourney we didn't even think about going to also means Mead gained some serious points on us that we could've had a shot at. Not to start a fight on here, I'm just saying it's really not as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Also, if our Whitman points were magically taken away, we'd only lose like half a point...

1) How are points determined (someone give me the math shit)

Quarters-1 point

Sems-2 points

2nd-3 points

1st-4 points

Then, these points are multiplied by the tournament weighting multiplier, which is:

5-7 schools: 1.0

8-12 schools: 1.25

13-20 schools: 1.50

21-39 schools: 1.75

40 + schools: 2.0

2) How many spots does the GSL get to state?

The GSL gets 5 spots to state. All are pre-qualified

3) Is U-Hi the only tournament left for points?

Yes.

uhh well whether or not they get counted is not my decision. besides, i don't think they will end up being counted anyway because we have done better in other tourneys...(i'd have to check my calculations but i'm too lazy right now)...also, i think the fact that Micah still went Open at Whitman like Ben and I means I don't think you'd complain if they broke. And the fact that Micah and Melissa also went to Mt.Vernon (in open) and won a tourney we didn't even think about going to also means Mead gained some serious points on us that we could've had a shot at. Not to start a fight on here, I'm just saying it's really not as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Also, if our Whitman points were magically taken away, we'd only lose like half a point...

micah knew going to whitman that not going champ meant that he would get no pre-qual points, its the same reason we went champ because we were aware of that policy

Mt. Vernon's round robin was not in the invitation and was not part of the normal tournament and according to wiaa rules was a seperate tournament, the top level at the actual tournament was the one he was involved in...he should still legitamately get the points, its a different scenario than whitman...

And actually whitman is fairly important to ya'lls 14.5 points- sems at whitman with a 2.0 multiplier means 4 points consider the rest you have:

1st Place at Ferris- this was worth 6 points (1.5 mult)

3rd Place at Mt. Spokane- this was worth 3pts (1.5 mult)

2nd Place at CV- this was worth 4.5 pts (1.5 mult)

Quarters at UPS- this was worth 2 pts (2.0 mult)

that means that you would end up with 13.5 points instead of 14.5 and a tie with micah for second in the gsl behind garry, who would be the real winner of the gsl...it also gives us an oppurtunity to tie you with a foley win (assuming you didnt get second) or jump if there is more than 20 schools

so it does matter :P

micah knew going to whitman that not going champ meant that he would get no pre-qual points, its the same reason we went champ because we were aware of that policy

Mt. Vernon's round robin was not in the invitation and was not part of the normal tournament and according to wiaa rules was a seperate tournament, the top level at the actual tournament was the one he was involved in...he should still legitamately get the points, its a different scenario than whitman...

And actually whitman is fairly important to ya'lls 14.5 points- sems at whitman with a 2.0 multiplier means 4 points consider the rest you have:

1st Place at Ferris- this was worth 6 points (1.5 mult)

3rd Place at Mt. Spokane- this was worth 3pts (1.5 mult)

2nd Place at CV- this was worth 4.5 pts (1.5 mult)

Quarters at UPS- this was worth 2 pts (2.0 mult)

that means that you would end up with 13.5 points instead of 14.5 and a tie with micah for second in the gsl behind garry, who would be the real winner of the gsl...it also gives us an oppurtunity to tie you with a foley win (assuming you didnt get second) or jump if there is more than 20 schools

so it does matter :P

well the last thing i want to do is start another stupid fight on here. So whatever the standings look like when they come out, i will gladly agree with them since neither me or you are the ones deciding points. that said, the only real difference between our whitman points counting and not counting is the possibility of you and micah tying us...so yeah...we'll see

very true. but watch out! the shellhorn/koch partnership will own everyone! mwwahahaaahaaaaa.

just kidding.

woo hoo spokane thread!!!!!!!!!

anyway, if i can bring my grades up in chemistry, i'll be able to go to u-hi, f-ing chem.

(damn you polyatomic ions, damn you)

woo hoo spokane thread!!!!!!!!!

anyway, if i can bring my grades up in chemistry, i'll be able to go to u-hi, f-ing chem.

(damn you polyatomic ions, damn you)

question...who are you?

i've been novice however i am moving up, due to unfortunate circumstances i had to go nov at GU, but at u-hi i'm definitley JV. MY skill is easily varsity save for lack of experiance, or so i've been told.

well have fun being in the collapsed bracket with the top varisty teams :D

EDIT: oh wait...we're in the gsl...

well as long as you dont hit LC, Mead or CV you should do fine

did not see the edit, still getting pwned is what makes debate fun (at least if it does not continue for weeks upon weeks)

but he will only have to worry about the first two rounds.

and i've have to agree with you, even tho I think the GSL is fairly strong this year, there's not much else besides CV,Mead, and LC...

on another note, can we get disclosure for Foley going? what are you running, andrew? and micah?

but he will only have to worry about the first two rounds.

and i've have to agree with you, even tho I think the GSL is fairly strong this year, there's not much else besides CV,Mead, and LC...

on another note, can we get disclosure for Foley going? what are you running, andrew? and micah?

right after you rusty:cool:

space weapons...like always.

with an outside chance of breaking 1 or 2 new advantages...

also, our neg strat may look a little different, but we'll see...

i mean . . . CV A is splitting up for the last tournament. Means they will get 0 points. Garry/WILSON will get points. Garry/WILSON wins?
garry and wilson are pretty much at their high point level, a sems or lower wouldnt effect it...a final/win would lock the gsl

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah