Sign in to follow this  
Brik

The 2nd Lewis & Clark Thread

Yup, and unless the judge is completly opposed to it, we will run politics, and we run them well.

I will be the one in the penguin tie.

Not really, but seriously.

Good, I like the different style of debate. Should be fun.

haha, some are cool with it, some arent. Just like in most places. K's are getting more popular (thank god)

Just dont be a dumbass, I guess :P

One question, how are most of the judges with speed?

You won't find much objection here provided you're clear, but there are definately some that would prefer a slower style.

I think the most important thing to do is ask judges about the various preferences and positions you're concerned with. While someone may have an objection to a certain style, they're less likely to voice that opinion on the ballot if they do not communicate that to you before the round. However, if a judge does make a preference known and it openly ignored then you run into some problems. We certainly can argue over whether these objections should be made, etc... but I think the above applies to most, but certainly not all SD judges. Whatever you do, avoid Paul Tschetter.

I wonder how long it will take alex baldwin to be a douche bag and censor this post.

this is legitimately funny hahahaha

2,000. This is the end of my cross-x account. I don't want to end up like tshuman. Peace.

They always come back.

You won't find much objection here provided you're clear, but there are definately some that would prefer a slower style.

I think the most important thing to do is ask judges about the various preferences and positions you're concerned with. While someone may have an objection to a certain style, they're less likely to voice that opinion on the ballot if they do not communicate that to you before the round. However, if a judge does make a preference known and it openly ignored then you run into some problems. We certainly can argue over whether these objections should be made, etc... but I think the above applies to most, but certainly not all SD judges. Whatever you do, avoid Paul Tschetter.

Thank you Alex for maligning my some-what good name. Your bran cereal was missed at Fiesta.