abblesway

best aff yet

Increase recruitment incentives for scientists to develop space technology in the air force? Or mandate that people that are developing space technology outside the airforce join (though I don't think this would be very strategy)

So how do you increase persons in air force in that case?

There are a few ways I've seen this done.

1 - Establish a results oriented management program for the DOD's sapce cadre human capital strategy. (or something along those lines)

2 - establish a long term career path for space pros

3 - just straight up increase incentives and such

end strength was surprisingly hard to prep a strat against.

End Strength is essentially Recruit into Army. Every major military DA and generic DA links. T incentives works. Every K ever written links. You can CP with Draft or any other generic military CP. The only thing this case has going for it is the strong impacts of case (hege, readiness etc.)

Personally DADT owns. It has all those Hege impacts (abliet there is some clash on case - morale, etc.), can be run K or semi-K, is flexible against a variety of off case position (can perm K or counter K with homphobia, can fight DAs with a variety of offense, can evenbeat politics). The only weaknesses are T (but T blocks are fairly easy to write and if you lose on T, it will probably be to T hacks), and the Courts/Congress CP (depnding on your agent). However, you could probably get away with not specing (ASPEC, bah!), and just 10 pt straight turn the CP if you do spec.

the hardest aff. we've hit all year would have to be an aff. with LSA where they put native americans in emersion schools, the mpx was a little weak b/c, it was a card buy "chief big bear" no joke and it said extinction of the indian language is like bad... all we could read was Biopower, and solvency takeouts, those bieng that the indians would need a teaching degree and would not go through the trouble, I know little rock's novices read it at UNT this year, we ended up losing to it in semis w/ a one judge pannel.

DADT still kicks.

St. Stephen's version is the best. Especially the Russia resurgence scenario (I stole that card from them).

the hardest aff. we've hit all year would have to be an aff. with LSA where they put native americans in emersion schools, the mpx was a little weak b/c, it was a card buy "chief big bear" no joke and it said extinction of the indian language is like bad... all we could read was Biopower, and solvency takeouts, those bieng that the indians would need a teaching degree and would not go through the trouble, I know little rock's novices read it at UNT this year, we ended up losing to it in semis w/ a one judge pannel.

Native Languages LSA is not an amazing aff. Are they going to educate about EVERY native language? How can they access thier impacts? Even spending OW...Or just CounterK...

DADT still kicks.

St. Stephen's version is the best. Especially the Russia resurgence scenario (I stole that card from them).

i love anyone who reads red spread.

Guest TheGreatestDebaterEver
If subsets is the best argument you can come up with an against an aff, it's probably a pretty good aff.

the draft omgz!!1!11!1 u guyz r stoopid, teh draft is teh best its numba 1. i run it ev-re rownd and win, its so good, peece outs doodz

dagratestd-8RevR

If subsets is the best argument you can come up with an against an aff, it's probably a pretty good aff.

thats why there are loads of other arguments ;)

All I hit for space was new branch of the armed forces.

if extra t is the most common argument you hear with your affirmative, then freakin' run the case and block against extra t.

the best arguments against space corps are actually the ones indicating that space corps doesn't solve. t isn't devastating. it's extra t. that's a minor hurdle.

end strength+15 months is a pretty good affirmative. there is, actually, excellent lit against the short enlistment option, but most of it is beatable due to less than stellar internals.

i haven't run dadt yet this year but i've wanted to for awhile. the literature is excellent on the affirmative side. any team that takes infinite prep to heart should run dadt. unless they're hardXcore and run space or something. those people are probably excused.

There are a few ways I've seen this done.

1 - Establish a results oriented management program for the DOD's sapce cadre human capital strategy. (or something along those lines)

2 - establish a long term career path for space pros

3 - just straight up increase incentives and such

the problem with running all these affs is someone can just run create a space force as a CP and have better (much) solvency evidence.

Death Squads. It's only lost one round this year and the round it lost was on an xtra t voter that was kicked in the block.

i love anyone who reads red spread.

The more I see you post the more I think we'd probably like each other. Our NATO aff has a beefy red spread advantage that is probably the most fun in the world to debate.

just a case of your own saying that the US will assist another struggleing country increase THEIR militiairy. the res never says WHOSE militiary, the ahrdest part here is what gives us the right to do it...

Blau - you need to come talk to me. Now.

LSA natives - terrible aff - pick up on it every time - always on T

Space - ok - not great - very vunerable to great K's - good teams have cards that say space forces already exist within branches of the military and the cards on this are great - making it T to some extent

End strength - great - that is why the best teamn in the country runs it

15 month - shitty - offsets solves and completely impact turns with stop loss, - so any "short time enlistment" aff claims are nullified - there is a shitload of counterplan ground on this aff - and a shit load of D/A ground as well, and K ground and t ground - like its ridiculous - cards that say it doesn't solve are great

End str. + 15 month - not bad - actually pretty good

Military subsets like coast guard and air force suck - vurnerable to alotta good t arguments - and are hard to prove actually solve advantages, not inherent and most of them don't solve. coast guard doesn't solve for terror - only port security - which is a miniscule terror factor etc.

Americorps affs - most are good - like NC3 and service learning - even though they are vurnerable to subsets its a winable debate

Peacecorps - pretty good - no complaints about peacecorps

MRC - ok i guess - can be great if run properly

other citizen corps stuff isn't great

LSA - depends on the advantage - but ts hella good - we run a critical form of LSA -

speaking of critical affs - alot of critical affs on the topic are probably the best ones out there - its good to have a critical aff this year

my coach practically brought DADT into the debate world - its a great aff if run properly with the right cards and the right adv. like if hege is an adv. and its longer than a 50 secs of the 1AC - then forget it

No. I don't think it matters how much time you prep out. It's stil an untopical case.

we havent lost T with it yet. and we hear T every single round we run it.

Coast Guard

Search Coast Guard Recruitment, from what I've seen this is really Non-inherent right now, seeing that coast guard just finalized recuriting for this year, and theyré supposedly off the charts

on the space aff, i run this aff, and (not to be cocky) it's probably the most strategic aff on the topic IF RUN CORRECTLY. There is a specific way to run this case where you can nonunique pretty much everything but gain huge advantages. as far as the extra-t/air force debate goes, it's not extra-t if you do something like put NASA into the Air Force. read new evi that says bush's space policy puts the burden of space weaponization on the Air Force Space Command, and that this policy has pissed off other countries and the only thing we can do is to deter them by weaponizing space. but we can't do this b/c the Air Force Space Command has crappy technical personnel.

alright just had to add that in.