Creighton_Coleman

Millard West?

I'm from Kansas and i qualified for nationals in policy, so I get to go to 3 second semester tournaments, and i was wondering if Millard West had a good champ division.

I'm not really one to vouch for this tournament and I'm sure someone who is one will post soon, but from what I hear, Millard West is a very solid tournament that usually brings in quite a few out-of-state teams. We only have novice and varsity divisions in Nebraska, and our varsity division is quite competitive and a lot like what one would see on the national circuit level.

I'm from Kansas and i qualified for nationals in policy, so I get to go to 3 second semester tournaments, and i was wondering if Millard West had a good champ division.

thanks for letting me know how good you are before you asked the question

i sure if everyone wouldn't have known you qualified for national in policy and get to go to 3 second semester tourneys that no one would have taken your question seriously

• Downvote 1

I'm not really one to vouch for this tournament and I'm sure someone who is one will post soon, but from what I hear, Millard West is a very solid tournament that usually brings in quite a few out-of-state teams. We only have novice and varsity divisions in Nebraska, and our varsity division is quite competitive and a lot like what one would see on the national circuit level.

ya i hear all the time from everybody millard west is alot like what you would see on the national circuit level

first of all, the student asked about millard west. it seem a little rude to give him information about another tournament that's farther away.

further, there's no reason to jump on the kid for explaining why he gets an exemption from the KS rule. i'm all for being an asshole when people are stupid, but he was just explaining himself.

thanks for letting me know how good you are before you asked the question

i sure if everyone wouldn't have known you qualified for national in policy and get to go to 3 second semester tourneys that no one would have taken your question seriously

I wasn't sure if the whole fucking country knew how kansas worked, and I was also unaware that simply saying i qualed was telling you how good i am (the goal was to explain the situation), but next time i'll try not to hurt your feelings, just try to avoid taking what people say out of context before you turn into a little bitch.

I wasn't sure if the whole fucking country knew how kansas worked, and I was also unaware that simply saying i qualed was telling you how good i am (the goal was to explain the situation), but next time i'll try not to hurt your feelings, just try to avoid taking what people say out of context before you turn into a little bitch.

relax man i'm just flipping ya shit

here's the deal. millard west doesn't have a policy team, but they still run a policy tournament. what this mean is that there's noone from millard west whose going to check this board to give you info. i'm going to PM you a couple of email addys that you can send any questions to.

My understanding of Kansas champ level is the type of level that students in nebraska debate at in our varsity level. We always have experienced judges who have a policy background. Most are coachs, former policy debaters, and some even current or/former policy college debaters. Millard West as I hear, is supposed to have a good amount of competition this year. In past years we have had out-of-state teams that made the tournament even better.I encourage you to attend this tournament, any questions just PM Dylan or I.

~Lisa Kaplinger

Millard South Debater

My understanding of Kansas champ level is the type of level that students in nebraska debate at in our varsity level. We always have experienced judges who have a policy background. Most are coachs, former policy debaters, and some even current or/former policy college debaters. Millard West as I hear, is supposed to have a good amount of competition this year. In past years we have had out-of-state teams that made the tournament even better.I encourage you to attend this tournament, any questions just PM Dylan or I.

~Lisa Kaplinger

Millard South Debater

And how exactly did you get to that conclusion. Kansas might not have the most legit judging pool, but it would be unfair to say that lowers the quality of competition.

~Lisa Kaplinger

Millard South Debater

Results at nationals beg to differ.

• Downvote 1

And how exactly did you get to that conclusion. Kansas might not have the most legit judging pool, but it would be unfair to say that lowers the quality of competition.

Results at nationals beg to differ.

I really dont see how she was saying debaters from your state are of lower quality. She was just saying that we have expierenced judges and a high level of competition. Dont turn this into a stupid "my state is better than your state!!!" argument.

yeah, i'm about 99.9% sure lisa is just trying to say that what we call varsity you call champ, and that we have legit judges. that doesn't imply you don't have legit judges, it just answers a question posed about the quality of a tournament in NE. if she's mistaken about how ya'll use the moniker "champ", i'm certain it's not malicious. you guys should really pick up on context clues. if she was trying to say kansas sucks, she wouldn't have used such a diplomatic tone or offered to answer questions via PM.

its a good tournament, but the division was pretty small last year. i think there was like 34 teams and my and my partner got to sems and blue valley north hammer/janvrin lost in finals. and the judges were all very qualified.

yeah, i'm about 99.9% sure lisa is just trying to say that what we call varsity you call champ, and that we have legit judges. that doesn't imply you don't have legit judges, it just answers a question posed about the quality of a tournament in NE. if she's mistaken about how ya'll use the moniker "champ", i'm certain it's not malicious. you guys should really pick up on context clues. if she was trying to say kansas sucks, she wouldn't have used such a diplomatic tone or offered to answer questions via PM.

See we have varsity and then champ which is above varsity, so it would seem to come off a little maliciuos to us. but with that being said, your probably right its just a miscommunication of sorts and not meant to be offensive.And I dont think our objective is in any way to say, oh our state is better than yours.

My bad, i guess i misunderstood her