jmiller

GHSA STATE (February 2-3)

NOTE: THE THREAD IS LOCKED BECAUSE I DON'T WANT CHATTER ON IT UNTIL CLOSER. I WILL REOPEN AFTER MILTON.

IF YOU HAVE CORRECTIONS TO MY LIST, PLEASE PM ME!

GHSA State Championships will be held at Chattahoochee HS.

Here is my list of the teams I think that will be qualified by Milton to go to State Championship:

4A/5A (14)

Brookwood

Central Gwinnett*

Chattahoochee

Fayette County

Lakeside

Milton

Northview

Roswell*

Sequoyah*

Stephenson*

Thomas County Central

Warner Robins

Wheeler

Woodward Academy

AAA/AA/A (13)

Cairo

Calhoun

Carrollton

Chamblee Charter

Dodge County

Early County

Henry W. Grady

Lincoln County

Pace Academy

Riverwood

Trion

Vidalia City*

Westminster Schools

*Using JV points.

FYI: the JV points probably won't enter into the picture unless the school has at least some varsity tournaments in.

My lists at this point look somewhat different from yours (not much, though), but I'll wait until after I have official word on all of that before I post anything.

However, because you're definitely accurate on the Lincoln County part of your list, I'll answer that one as the coach. . . we're sending the teams of T. J. Carani/Amy Dandron and Abigail Minor/Nikolas Spens.

The Chamblee four is looking like Sok, Tharuni, myself and some random 4th person we'll figure out pretty soon. Since Carson can't come :(

Warner Robins is sending Cody, myself, Zach and a novice. We're still tring to figuer out who is on what teams (prob. A novice and me and Cody and zach....) Its all up in the air.

-Jamie

• Upvote 1

FYI: the JV points probably won't enter into the picture unless the school has at least some varsity tournaments in.

My lists at this point look somewhat different from yours (not much, though), but I'll wait until after I have official word on all of that before I post anything.

However, because you're definitely accurate on the Lincoln County part of your list, I'll answer that one as the coach. . . we're sending the teams of T. J. Carani/Amy Dandron and Abigail Minor/Nikolas Spens.

yours are probably correct- whereas mine are are just based off memory of who I have seen places.

I just got that email- you are going to have to explain. I am confused.

Fayette is sending (I think):

Erica Cherry/Navroz Tharani

Kamilah Gray/Trusha Daya

Brookwood isn't sure if we qualified. And if we did, we aren't sure yet if we're going.

But either way, I'll be there judging for either Brookwood or the tournament.

Brookwood isn't sure if we qualified. And if we did, we aren't sure yet if we're going.

But either way, I'll be there judging for either Brookwood or the tournament.

Yes, Brookwood did qualify. :)

Haha WOOHOO!

Then a question about the state rules, if you don't mind. I think it's 4 debaters going to 3 tournaments each. If that's the case, do we have to enter teams at state by who went to those tournaments? for example, we have a senior debater who, because of partner concerns (and travel constraints), could only compete in one tournament. does this disqualify her from debating at state?

Haha WOOHOO!

Then a question about the state rules, if you don't mind. I think it's 4 debaters going to 3 tournaments each. If that's the case, do we have to enter teams at state by who went to those tournaments? for example, we have a senior debater who, because of partner concerns (and travel constraints), could only compete in one tournament. does this disqualify her from debating at state?

I'll PM you back about that. :)

mrs. robinson, if you don't mind, could you please PM me about northview's status? we also have a situation much like kirk's, so could you inform me about that too?

thanks!

mrs. robinson, if you don't mind, could you please PM me about northview's status? we also have a situation much like kirk's, so could you inform me about that too?

thanks!

Mimi. . . I PMd you with the info. Let me know if you have any other questions (at least that I can answer :)).

Haha WOOHOO!

Perhaps this may be the answer you're looking for (from the GHSA website):

All debaters at the State Debate Tournament must participate in the three (3) required regular season tournaments and there will be no substitutions in the debate team that accumulated the points for advancement to the State Tournament.

Hope that helps.

• Downvote 1

All debaters at the State Debate Tournament must participate in the three (3) required regular season tournaments and there will be no substitutions in the debate team that accumulated the points for advancement to the State Tournament.

Hope that helps.

Actually. . . the better thing to do if you have any questions is to check with the GFCA (namely Richard Bracknell).

Hope that helps.

However the GFCA sent around a memo that changed the 3 tournament policy to two tournaments. (due to the cancellation of UWG).

This State Tournament this year seems more confusing than in the past to me....

Mrs. R I know you are prolly keeping up with this thread and i am sorry for not getting back in touch with you sooner but my email is swatic00@gmail.com i would have contacted you more proffessionally however i have not been on the circuit much since the fall to find another way to get in touch with u thanks

Kevin Swatek "Swatic"

Mrs. R I know you are prolly keeping up with this thread and i am sorry for not getting back in touch with you sooner but my email is swatic00@gmail.com i would have contacted you more proffessionally however i have not been on the circuit much since the fall to find another way to get in touch with u thanks

Kevin Swatek "Swatic"

No problem. . . this works for me. :) I'll drop you an email ASAP.

Note: LC is (or more accurately, the Rs are) paying Kevin to show up. Claude gets the weekend off this year. :)