Monolith

The Book Thread

*Looks forward to finishing AP Audit jank so that she CAN do some reading*

For summer reading, I have Snow Falling on Cedars

As am I. For AP English too I take it? My teacher was going to give us How to Read Literature Like a Professor as well but they didn't come in in time so I instead got this allusion project for the other book.

As am I. For AP English too I take it? My teacher was going to give us How to Read Literature Like a Professor as well but they didn't come in in time so I instead got this allusion project for the other book.

Yep, for AP. Our school is too poor to order books for a handful of people, so we have to purchase our own.

Yep, for AP. Our school is too poor to order books for a handful of people, so we have to purchase our own.

As are we

I realize that this is far more meaningful to me than it is to everyone else who reads this thread, but since I mentioned it earlier. . .

I'M FINISHED WITH MY AP AUDITS!!!!!! (Here's hoping that the College Board likes them.)

*Searches for her copy of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader*

Epic bump is epic.

What's everybody reading?

I'm working on King Lear from Shakespeare and also brushing up on my Latin for the coming up semester.

Oh yeah, and if anybody has LibraryThing or memberships on other bibliophile social sites like that, you should post it.

Mine: http://www.librarything.com/home/China_Palace

Epic bump is epic.

What's everybody reading?

I'm working on King Lear from Shakespeare and also brushing up on my Latin for the coming up semester.

Oh yeah, and if anybody has LibraryThing or memberships on other bibliophile social sites like that, you should post it.

Mine: http://www.librarything.com/home/China_Palace

http://www.librarything.com/profile/Kunzelman

I finally started To Kill a Mockingbird this summer. . . need to pick it back up and finish it so that I will cease being a disappointment to everyone in the universe who knows that I've never read it. :)

I'm still reading McCarthy, working my way through everything that he's done.

I seriously can't wait for The Road to come out. I loved the book, and the movie looks just as bleak and awesome.

IRT Topic

Eusebius - Church History

Plato - Ion (including some of my own crack translating), but I'm going to try and go through all of his works over next semester.