neural link

Trivia thread REDUX.

What is the most ever paid for a painting at auction? (I hope my answer is still current).

Since 1984, Alex Trebek has hosted every episode of Jeopardy except one. Who hosted that episode? (The show aired April 1, 1996; the person normally hosted another game show)

In 2004, which state received the most federal tax dollars per federal tax dollar sent from the state? Which state received the least? (The two states each begin with the same letter)

Whats Oprah's middle name?

A soccer fan in Argentina was unamused recently when a tatoo artist drew what on his back instead of the team logo he requested? (The artist was a fan of a rival team; the image was quite inappropriate)

The United States Federal Government has had outstanding public debt in every year of its existance; in what year was the debt closest to zero (in nominal dollars)? (Or just give the decade; at its lowest the debt was under $14,000)

Two countries are tied for the record of 'most land neighbors'. Which countries are they and how many land neighbors do they have? (Just start naming countries that have many neighbors...)

In 1990, Baskin-Robbins introduced what ice cream flavor to commemorate the fall of the Soviet Union?

Last month a cash-strapped Russian poker player bet what (and lost)? (I guess this would fall more under obey than love and honor...)

In Afghanistan, local "defense committees" have sprung up in the past year to protect what from Taliban militias?

What did a Wisconsin police chief do last week after he drove passed a stopped school bus without realizing it?

Who is the Governor of Florida?

What is the full name of the President of Brazil?

Who is the highest-ranking Kurd in Iraq's government?

These two are from my Heinz Trivial Pursuit ketchup packets I got this morning:

What guitarist replaced Dave Sabo in Bon Jovi?

What Billy Joel opus listed 120 significant people, places and events from the previous four decades?

I thought some of these had already been answered successfully. If you're going to post the list, at least delete the questions that are no longer in play...

What is the most ever paid for a painting at auction? (I hope my answer is still current).

Since 1984, Alex Trebek has hosted every episode of Jeopardy except one. Who hosted that episode? (The show aired April 1, 1996; the person normally hosted another game show)

In 2004, which state received the most federal tax dollars per federal tax dollar sent from the state? Which state received the least? (The two states each begin with the same letter)

A soccer fan in Argentina was unamused recently when a tatoo artist drew what on his back instead of the team logo he requested? (The artist was a fan of a rival team; the image was quite inappropriate)

The United States Federal Government has had outstanding public debt in every year of its existance; in what year was the debt closest to zero (in nominal dollars)? (Or just give the decade; at its lowest the debt was under $14,000)

In 1990, Baskin-Robbins introduced what ice cream flavor to commemorate the fall of the Soviet Union?

Last month a cash-strapped Russian poker player bet what (and lost)? (I guess this would fall more under obey than love and honor...)

In Afghanistan, local "defense committees" have sprung up in the past year to protect what from Taliban militias?

What guitarist replaced Dave Sabo in Bon Jovi?

Richie Sambora, in a move similar to the one that Keith Moon pulled on Pete Townshend to get into The Who...

What Billy Joel opus listed 120 significant people, places and events from the previous four decades?

We Didn't Start the Fire

North Dakota received the most aid per dollar, New Jersey received the least.

If Maradona was wrong, and it was something more juvenile...um...a penis? Maradona's penis?

And still no dice on Jeopardy! Curse you, Trebek.

• Upvote 1

Mosques?
No, we wouldn't brag about that.
North Dakota received the most aid per dollar, New Jersey received the least.
Half-right. New Jersey receives about $0.50 from the federal government for every dollar it sends to DC.
If Maradona was wrong, and it was something more juvenile...um...a penis? Maradona's penis?
Just a penis. The fan is now suing the artist.

1890s

Jeb Bush

Full name of the title or full name of the person?

1890s

No, but you have the right century...

Jeb Bush

No, Shu already got this one. Jeb was term-limited from running again last year, so fellow Republican Charlie Crist took office last month.

Two countries are tied for the record of 'most land neighbors'. Which countries are they and how many land neighbors do they have? (Just start naming countries that have many neighbors...)

Initial random stab: Russia and Brazil?

Initial random stab: Russia and Brazil?

Also already answered. Russia and China each have 13 land neighbors.

Here are the active questions again.

Since 1984, Alex Trebek has hosted every episode of Jeopardy except one. Who hosted that episode? (The show aired April 1, 1996; the person normally hosts another game show)

In 2004, which state received the most federal tax dollars per federal tax dollar sent from the state? Which state received the least? (The two states each begin with the same letter) (New Jersey receives the least)

What is the full name of the current President of Brazil?

What band sings, "Hello, hello, won't you come right in?/I'd give anything just to see you agian."?

Name the six members of Monty Python.

I think it's weirder than that. Lichtenstein and Monaco, maybe.

I believe Monaco only borders Italy...

In 2004, which state received the most federal tax dollars per federal tax dollar sent from the state? Which state received the least? (The two states each begin with the same letter) (New Jersey receives the least)

Nebraska?

I believe Monaco only borders Italy...
Or France...

mn-map.gif

Nebraska?

No. Think of things the federal government spends tons of money on, but not in every state (so, don't concentrate on roads and stuff).

Aiight, stupid me.

I know I've read the answer before (Metro America/Retro America, or some similarly titled book)...

North Dakota. I'm guessing places that would get agricultural subsidies...?

Did fuckin' Sajak host Jeopardy? Thats brutal.
Bingo. The two shows (Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune) are closely related through the same production company and other ways. So for April Fools Day 1996, Trebek and Sajak switched places.
Did Nevada get the most money?
No, but you're very close.

What is the full name of the current President of Brazil?

What band sings, "Hello, hello, won't you come right in?/I'd give anything just to see you agian."?

Name the six members of Monty Python.

Of all supreme court justices, who had the longest tenure?

Who is the current Dean of the US House of Representatives?

New Mexico gets the most moeny then, what with Los Alamos?

Where is Prince of Wales Island?

New Mexico gets the most moeny then, what with Los Alamos?
Correct, though I don't know if Los Alamos is the primary reason, it was just a hint to lead you guys along. I guess any amount for physics research is relatively large on a per tax-dollar basis in New Mexico.

Where is Prince of Wales Island?
Isn't it off the coast of Alaska?

Monty Python:

Eric Idle, John Cleese, Graham Chapman (fuck you, cancer), Michael Palin, Terry Jones, and the lone American, Terry Gilliam.

Carol Cleveland gets an honorable mention, because she was in so many of the TV episodes. But she wasn't a Python. And I know this all thanks to South Dakota Public Broadcasting.

Thanks to the faithfulness of the Economist's naming system, I know that the President of Brazil is Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva. Hooray, Portuguese.

Rehnquist is up there for tenure, but...I think both Black and Marshall are ahead of him. Marshall has the most bad Matthew McConaughey movies that are indirectly his fault. Which has to count against him, so it can't be him...damn.

Monty Python:

Eric Idle, John Cleese, Graham Chapman (fuck you, cancer), Michael Palin, Terry Jones, and the lone American, Terry Gilliam.

Carol Cleveland gets an honorable mention, because she was in so many of the TV episodes. But she wasn't a Python. And I know this all thanks to South Dakota Public Broadcasting.

Correct. And Cleveland does get the honorary Pythonhood since she was (is?) married to Cleese.
Thanks to the faithfulness of the Economist's naming system, I know that the President of Brazil is Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva. Hooray, Portuguese.
No wonder he goes by "Lula". Right.
Rehnquist is up there for tenure, but...I think both Black and Marshall are ahead of him. Marshall has the most bad Matthew McConaughey movies that are indirectly his fault. Which has to count against him, so it can't be him...damn.
I don't get your Matthew McConaughey reference, but Thurgood Marshall and William Rhenquist are incorrect.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Also no. Holmes was the oldest justice, 90 when he retired from the court, but he only served for 30 years.

Glasnost?

Of all supreme court justices, who had the longest tenure?

Who is the current Dean of the US House of Representatives?

Some more from my ketchup packets (hey, I didn't say these were hard)

What safety 1st car-window sign inspired knock offs like "Tiger in the Tank" and "Dyslectic on Board?"

What tireless telethoner was awarded the French Legion of Honor in 1984?

What 96-mile long structure came crashing down in 1989, scattering large chunks all over the world?

What movie introduced audiences to a Mogawi named Gizmo?

• Downvote 1