Sign in to follow this  
farbs

NEG LSA Strategy

What are some key points to use when running against an Learn and Serve AFF? I can't seem to find much negative case against LSA.

Thanks,

Farbs.

What are some key points to use when running against an Learn and Serve AFF? I can't seem to find much negative case against LSA.

Thanks,

Farbs.

states CP with ptx

Focault/gorham (though the aff evidence for gorham is pretty solid)

Thanks "The K"; but I really hate running Ks and CPs.

Also eliminating T on mandatory cases, that doesn't leave you with a hell of a lot.

Anyhow, run some good on-case Solvency turns - stuff like Service Learning-->racism, classism, et al.

Ahh this brings good times back from camp. The only on-case neg we had cut was from www.geocities.com. It was some crazies personal site and he said LSA was free labor. Nice warrants, bad qualifications.

I know what you mean. I Just use "socio-political commentator" to get the job done.

A. Critical Pedagogy: LSA enforces the teaching curriculums that actually create elitism in our society beginning with our youth.

B. Inherency take-outs: Theres TON of evidence that there are other organizations (YSA, ect.) that perform service learning activities without the government/ Private sector C.P.- NGO's and businesses implement SL.

C. Non-topical: Students don't serve IN LSA: They serve their communities THROUGH LSA for scholarships

D. Scholarship incentives destroy the spirit of service

E. Coercion D.A.: the service above self principal is entrenched by service learning, increasing the ideology that the government comes before the citizen.

F. Budget disad if increasing scholarships, coercion if mandatory service

G. States C.P. if mandatory service: States choose curriculum, not the USFG. Fed Net-Ben., ect., ect.

Theres tons more. You just have to pick one you like.

If you want to roll with case and a DA. Just get generic Americorps links to the DA. Then hit up case with TONS of analytic link turns (hit that I/L - Service Learning -> Political Education -> Democracy argument). Read some Americorps bad, some generic kids don't care - wont solve. Argue that TINY case impacts dont come close to the risk of a large scale IndoChinese war...

you could just argue that increased civic engagement --> hyperpluralism --> stopping any possible legislation that could help the enviroment --> extinction when the crunch comes

or you could just straight up impact turn democracy

Sign in to follow this