Sign in to follow this  
foxydick2007

TIPS STRAT

just out of curiosity........ how does TIPS link into a racism K? Its not necessarily targeted against Muslims, anyone can be reported. Besides, Islam is a religion, not a race.

just out of curiosity........ how does TIPS link into a racism K? Its not necessarily targeted against Muslims, anyone can be reported. Besides, Islam is a religion, not a race.

not against the critical one

me and andrew cut it in 7wk - check the file, its pretty good

what are the net benefits? other than direct democracy

i don't think referendum solves for direct democracy - either it's only a one shot, and we still don't have a direct democracy, or it snowballs and nothing gets passed fast enough. plus it costs a lot of money.

i think terror talk links to TIPS. somehow. also, do people actually serve within TIPS? it seems to me like people just phone whenever they want to but they don't actually enlist in TIPS or whatever

Sure, but the reason TIPS was thought of is because of racist ideology - and you're being too technical. A racism critique doesn't just mean race specifically, just sort of the us-them ideology that allows us to target a specific group and treat them as inferior.

Sure, but the reason TIPS was thought of is because of racist ideology - and you're being too technical. A racism critique doesn't just mean race specifically, just sort of the us-them ideology that allows us to target a specific group and treat them as inferior.

I guess I can see where that would work, but why call it racism? I would refer to it as an "otherization" kritik or something like that. Just a thought...............

Any team that runs TIPS the right way would just link turn the K. I honestly don't know why anyone would run TIPS without the Zizek overindentification (?) stuff. You can access terrorism and heg impacts with every other case, but not hit hard K links.

What are some good neg strats to this case?

Subsets T, States CP, P-Tix, spending......

OR(If you like a fun round)

Grab some cards out of the Kritikal Tips file and put together a K of TIPS itself, I think that would be a good round.

over id

thats not an advantage, its a mechanism for accessing something.

we are one of the few teams that reads this aff (the only other one i know of is from oak park river forest) and our advantage deals with the way in which operation tips functions in relation to desire and anxiety. a full outline of the newest version of this aff was posted in another thread about a month or two ago. the other version of this aff (which i believe OPRF reads) is the one i originally cut for a camp file at northwestern last summer. the advantages discuss the implication of operation tips on homeland security ideology.

also, almost no one in this thread seems to understand this affirmative.

first, racism critiques dont link. second, states cp's dont solve. third, da's dont link (or matter). IM me if you need information about our affirmative and the critiques it involves, instead of thinking up strats to a case that you are understanding incorrectly.

The only args there that have anything to do the with the Aff is the T violations. Your DAs dont matter because all the aff does, literally, is call for tips. not pass it, aka no fiat, just call for it. the zizek evidence is amazing at saying that we all need to call for tips in order to OI and redefine homeland security ideology.

There is also a MASSIVE link turn to your biopower because in the status quo there are already something like 5 programs doing the same thing as tips, and the call for tips publicly just makes it more likely those will be destroyed because bush loses his human rights capital that was gained the strategic assasination of the tips program by Dick Armey. Read the cards to the outline posted earlier, it gives you a much better sense of the aff. Or in the very least find some of the posts that explain rounds where the aff was present.

I'd go 5 minutes of topicality - serving in the 2NR. If the people who call in on the TIPS hotline are serving Citizen Corps, then so are the people who deliver mail to them.

under that interpretation its impossible to serve in the citizen corps, meaning it removes 1/6 of the topic.

if your judges are good enuff, i'd say roll w/ Foucault hard (like everyone said, lots of links here). also theres a lot of good literature talking about how there wont be any terrorist attacks in the US like ever again, or at least on a large scale.

States CP is pretty sweet too...

under that interpretation its impossible to serve in the citizen corps, meaning it removes 1/6 of the topic.

TIPS isnt the only possible program in citizen corps, you can still increase in the service they're already doing

yes, people SERVE within TIPS. at least that what our topicality evidence seems to indicate...and i dont understand why this even matters, the plan doesnt ever occur.

everyone seems to think foucault is a good strategy but no one really said what the link would be...any one care to share?

TIPS isnt the only possible program in citizen corps, you can still increase in the service they're already doing

im aware, but that's how every citizen corps program works (CERT, for instance, would have its volunteers "serving" only in times of disaster.

There is also a MASSIVE link turn to your biopower because in the status quo there are already something like 5 programs doing the same thing as tips, and the call for tips publicly just makes it more likely those will be destroyed

Am I missing something, or is the aff defending a net decrease in national service post plan?

Sign in to follow this