Sign in to follow this  
foxydick2007

TIPS STRAT

The Terrorism Information Prevention System was a bill in 2002 that would have created a national telephone hotline allowing anyone to report "suspicious" activities seen anywhere; for instance, if the cable guy was working in your house and saw some terrorist-related materials, the guy could report it.

TIPS is such a squirrely argument.

I have to agree...

T is really important, Solvency attacks, lots of oncase, etc. Nothing really different from last year, tons of Militarism, Statism/Elitism, CPs.

The Munford racism impact cards are solid, as is the popular Barndt (1991) evidence.

I would look into other authors such as Choi (1997), Ackerman (1999), and especially Memmi, which allows you to access an internal link and impact to a biopower argument.

biopower? ewww

I wouldn't read his ev, at least to me he seems pretty racist.

Ex: "A small and predominantly white minority of global population derives its power and privilege from sufferings of the vast majority of peoples of color."

The entire card sounds like that all colored people are poor, and will always be poor until we break down the prison of racism.

And the best racism impacts are from Munford. They're amazing.

That's a statement of fact, not a racist comment. It is in fact true that the reason the white minority has so much power is because they have power over others.

I disagree. TIPS is not an acronym, it is actually a backronym. They came up with the name TIPS, and then an acronym was made from that. So they link turn the critique.

this links really hard to acronyms =)

1) No link - we just accidentally pressed caps lock whenever we typed the word "tips".

1) No link - we just accidentally pressed caps lock whenever we typed the word "tips".

that made me laugh.

It made me think of the word women, spelled womyn, to avoid that same concept.

I disagree. TIPS is not an acronym, it is actually a backronym. They came up with the name TIPS, and then an acronym was made from that. So they link turn the critique.

backronyms are just a kind of acronym

booya

• Upvote 1

SDI put out a neg for this, they suggest war on terror disad with a framework and case stuff or kritik of human rights kritiks and sovereignty turns.

Anyone wants the case neg, just email me at thanatos4death@gmail.com

by the way, this does link really hard core to Marcuse in some really awesome ways besides the use of acronyms, do some research

yea and delay is the least abusive counterplan

This is probably the largest reason not to do delay CP's.

yea and delay is the least abusive counterplan

Squirrely cases warrant squirrely answers. Run plenty of topicality, it makes it easier to justify your strat if they aren't topical (which they aren't).

Non-topicality justify delay counterplans?

This is interesting.

Judge, don't punish us for this cp. They use a case so on the fringe of the topic to deny us any ground for debate. blah blah... you get the point.

Judge, don't punish us for this cp. They use a case so on the fringe of the topic to deny us any ground for debate. blah blah... you get the point.

lol i dont

if theyre on the fringe of topicality, then go for T

i mean i think your probably right in a decent theory cp debate but delay cps are unjustifyable

they pic out of the only thing the aff cant leverage against the cp, the imediacy of the plan. only offense left is to strait turn the net benefit. bad for debate... judge

lol i dont

if theyre on the fringe of topicality, then go for T

i mean i think your probably right in a decent theory cp debate but delay cps are unjustifyable

they pic out of the only thing the aff cant leverage against the cp, the imediacy of the plan. only offense left is to strait turn the net benefit. bad for debate... judge

not necassarily, you just need lit to justify (gonna stop here, can't give up too much info ;))

Sign in to follow this