Sign in to follow this  
foxydick2007

TIPS STRAT

Use racism/civil liberties as a solvency takeout. Also, I have on case evidence about how its popularity is questionable at best among the groups that are supposed to take part in it, which also works as a solvency takeout.

Also, in (subsets) T and serving T.

I ran TIPS at one tourney. Won all my aff rounds, but didn't really face anything too hard (Fiscal Discipline, FX-T, and a tiny bit of poorly cut solvency).

When I wrote my case though, I used Shell 82 as a terminal impact. Outweighs pretty well.

I'd recomend straight up solvency and some T.

TIPS really isn't a great case. It's just squirrelly.

Use racism/civil liberties as a solvency takeout.

Wouldn't those be turns rather than takeouts?

Also, in (subsets) T and serving T.

How do those work?

In T says that:

1. Interpretation: “In” means throughout.

Words and Phrases 1965 (Permanent Edition, v41A, p. 296)

In the act of 1861 providing that justices of the pease shall have jusidiction “in” their respective countires to hear and determine complaints, etc, the word “in” should be constructed to mean “throughout”. Reynolds v. Larkin, 14 P. 114, 10 Colo. 126.

2. Violation: The affirmative plan is untopical in that it does not increase service throughout anyone of the 6 national service programs. Only affects one program or subset.

3. Standards:

A. Limits: Given the potential size of this year’s topic, maintaining reasonable research burdens and counter plan ground for the negative is crucial to avoid abuse.

B. Predictability: The number of potential subsets within a given national service program is enormous. It would be impossible for the negative to be prepared for even the 2,200 subsets of AmeriCorps. Our interpretation of the resolution allows for the most competitive equity.

4. Voters: Topicality is a voter for reasons of fairness, ground, and because it’s a rule of the game.

Serving is basicallly saying that the case doesn't meet because TIPS volunteers only report suspicious activities relating to potential terrorist threats. They aren't actually working for Citizen Corps.

And on the solvency... not necessarily. The arguement that I would make is that because TIPS is racist (targets Muslims) then reports will not be credible and TIPS wont solve for terrorism.

If I were on the Aff, you'd have to stretch it big time to get any sort of impact out of these.

This is one case the bites biopower HARD. The sovereign is drawing lines between valid and invalid identities, and utilizes the ideal identities as a means to its ends. There's normalization, docile bodies, atomization, even a constructed threat, what else can you ask for?

I'd say couple a biopower K with a securitization K, K turns case, sweet deal.

what exactly is the plan text to this aff and what does it do?

The actual plan is something along the lines of putting operation TIPS into play. You could just striaght up turn the terror advantage though, because it creates a major information overload, and that is usually its biggest adv.

CONTENTION ONE: OPERATION TIPS

BUSH’S TERRORIST PREVENTION AND INFORMATION SYSTEM, ALSO KNOWN AS OPERATION TIPS, AIMED AT THE CREATION OF ONE MILLION SPIES LOCATED THROUGHT THE UNITED STATES, COMPOSED OF MAIL DELIVER PERSONS, TRUCK DRIVERS, AND OTHER PUBLIC WORKERS – HOWEVER, BUSH SCALED BACK OPERATION TIPS TO MAINTAIN RIGHTS CREDIBILITY AFTER CONTINUOUS PRESSURE FROM RIGHTS GROUPS AND ACTIVISTS. THIS BACKPEDALING IS INDICITIVE OF BUSH’S RELIENCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS RHETORIC TO MAINTAIN A STRONG DEPICTION OF HIS ADMINISTRATION IN THE FACE OF PUBLIC OUTCRY

LA TIMES, 2002

OPERATION TIPS WAS THE FORMAL MANIFESTATION OF OTHER DOMESTIC SPYING PROGRAMS – EVEN WITH THE DISSOLUTION OF THIS PROGRAM, GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED SPYING IS BEING COVERTLY CARRIED OUT THROUGH OTHER PROGRAMS, ALLOWING BUSH TO MAINTAIN CREDIBILITY WHILE FURTHER AN AGENDA AIMED AT INSIDIOUS CONTROL

YOUNG, 2005

CONTENTION TWO: RHETORIC

BUSH DEPLOYS HUMAN RIGHTS AS A JUSTIFICATION FOR INTERVENTION – THE POST-SEPTEMBER 11TH WORLD REVOLVES AROUND PROTECTION OF THE NATION TO MAINTAIN A LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY WITH THE FOCUS ON “HOMELAND SECURITY” AND HUMAN RIGHTS – THIS IS AN IDEAL PLACE TO BEGIN OUR CRITICISM OR RISK CONTINUAL INTERVENTION, CONTINUAL ACTION WITHIN THE COORDINATES OF THE CURRENT ETHICAL ERA WILL MAINTAIN A SYSTEM OF DOMINATION BASED AROUND THE PREVENTION OF A HOLOCAUST AND MAINTANENCE OF RIGHTS BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

TREANOR, 2003

INTERVENTION AND WAR IN THE NAME OF HUMAN RIGHTS WOULD KILL TEN MILLION PEOPLE EASILY, PUTTING MANY MORE LIEVES AT STAKE OVER A STRUGGLE MANIFEST IN THE CURRENT BUSH ADMINISTRATION IDEOLOGY OF VIOLENT SELF MAINTAINENCE – WE MUST CRITICISE AND FIGHT THE IDEOLOGY WICH MAINTAINS A “HOLOCAUST JUSTIFICATION” OR SUBMIT TO GLOBAL INTERVENTIONISM

TREANOR, 2006

HUMAN RIGHTS CONCRETIZE WESTERN IMPERIALISM ALLOWING GLOBAL HOMO-SACER – HUMAN RIGHTS WHITEWASH ALL NEO-COLONIAL VIOLENCE CARRIED OUT BY THE U.S.

ZIZEK, 2005

THIS LEADS TO AN UPSURGE OF MILITARY SOPHISTICATION LEADING TO TOTAL ANNIHILATION – LEGITIMATE COLONIALISM GENERATES NCHECKED ABILITY TO CARRY OUT MILITARY GLOBALIZATION

DALLMAYR, 2004

PLAN: THE UNITED STATES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD REINSTATE OPERATION TIPS.

CONTENTION THREE: IDEOLOGY

ITS NOT WHAT IS SAID, BUT WHO SAYS IT AND WHY THEY SAY IT – THE SAME IS TRUE OF CURRENT U.S. POLITICS WHICH REVOLVES AROUND PATHOLOGICAL CLAIMS AGAINST SADDAM – A RELIANCE ON PATHOLOGICAL CLAIMS IGNORES THE FUNCTION OF IDEOLOGY IN SHAPING OUR ACTIONS AND DISCOURSE – OPERATION TIPS IS THE BEST STARTING PIONT FOR A CRITICISM OF BUSH’S IDEOLOGY BECAUSE OF ITS COVERT NATURE AND RELIANCE ON HUMAN RIGHTS RHETORIC

ZIZEK, 2002

CRITICISM OF IDEOLOGY MUST NOT BEGIN WITH THE SPEICFIC RHETORIC USED, BUT THE REASON FOR WHICH IT IS USED AND WHAT IT IS MANIPULATED TO JUSTIFY AND CONSTRUCT

ZIZEK, 2003

good stuff

I'd go 5 minutes of topicality - serving in the 2NR. If the people who call in on the TIPS hotline are serving Citizen Corps, then so are the people who deliver mail to them.

The Terrorism Information Prevention System was a bill in 2002 that would have created a national telephone hotline allowing anyone to report "suspicious" activities seen anywhere; for instance, if the cable guy was working in your house and saw some terrorist-related materials, the guy could report it.

Plantext:

The United States Federal Government should substantially increase the number of persons serving in the Citizen Corps by Congress passing legislation that will implement the proposed component program of the Citizen Corps known as Operation Terrorism Information and Prevention System. Funded and enforcement are guaranteed. We reserve the right to clarify.

Basically, the Terrorism Information and Prevention System (TIPS) is a forgotten anti-terror program that was absolved because liberals thought it would violate civil liberties. It is part of the Citizen Corps, so the Citizen Corps is used to start the program, and fund it so there are millions of representatives of the program throughout the United States.

And yeah, what einsteinthe12th said. It's a telephone hotline.

And for all you K addicts, the case itself is really not that good. On case/T works wonders against this. If you start moving off case with K, then you're making it easier for the aff.

brick by brick, stone by stone

I've heard about this card, never actually seen it though. I would like to see this card.

I wouldn't read his ev, at least to me he seems pretty racist.

Ex: "A small and predominantly white minority of global population derives its power and privilege from sufferings of the vast majority of peoples of color."

The entire card sounds like that all colored people are poor, and will always be poor until we break down the prison of racism.

And the best racism impacts are from Munford. They're amazing.

Sign in to follow this